What is the best Race for a Warlock(alliance)

36 Human Paladin
Wat IS the best race for a lock( alliance wise), all of them have descent racials, but i want one that might help me better for dps. so give me the run-down on wats good, wats bad.
Edited by Arathius on 5/9/2013 4:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
As far as I know, Worgen is the only race that does anything at all to increase your DPS, though the bonus doesn't compare to Horde racials.

PvP...don't humans/gnomes get that free CC break?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Technically Worgen, although all specs hate crit so its a minimal gain at best, but its the only alliance race that actually gives any pve bonus.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
As far as I know, Worgen is the only race that does anything at all to increase your DPS, though the bonus doesn't compare to Horde racials.

PvP...don't humans/gnomes get that free CC break?

humans get the free pvp trinket, every man for himself
gnomes only get escape artist which clears slows and immobilizations.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Humans get sword specialization, which means that if you happen to be using a sword, you have a few extra rating on your gear to reforge into other stats. It's not enormous, but it's there.

Worgen is probably the best, I suppose, with 1% crit. Although I'm not sure crit is a very powerful stat for any specs at the given moment.

Gnomes - I can't really remember if their racial currently gives more mana or more intellect, but either way, gnomes are vile, disgusting creatures and only in the game so that you can identify the people to whom you should never speak.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Gnomes also have 1% free expertise when using daggers / one handed swords (which translates as 1% hit).

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=92680

For raw DPS purposes, worgen is probably the best race. While 1% crit is far from ideal, it's better than having the "free" 1% hit conditioned to a specific weapon. If you happen to have a staff, because that's the only thing that dropped, then humans and gnomes miss out on the bonus.

the 1% crit from worgens is always there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Personally I love Every Man for Himself when raiding. Break yourself out of the arrow on spirit kings, amber prison on wind lord, fear on shek'zeer, quicksand (if you mess up) on council... of course, you do have unbound will as a warlock of any race, but EMFH doesn't have the -20% health downside to it, and on wind lord I found having both of them handy. Pretty sure being able to break myself out of multiple amber prisons instead of waiting on someone to click me was a bigger dps boost than what I'd have gotten if I were worgen.

The human 1% hit racial is sort of meaningless this tier, ToT doesn't have a caster sword as far as I'm aware (which makes me very sad, I want to mog Azuresong Mageblade already).
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Dwarf, because unique snowflake.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

The human 1% hit racial is sort of meaningless this tier, ToT doesn't have a caster sword as far as I'm aware (which makes me very sad, I want to mog Azuresong Mageblade already).

The healer sword on Jin Rok Soulblade of the Breaking Storm isn't a terrible weapon to have. As a human you get 1%hit which I think 340 hit (thats off my head sry). At that point you can reforge the spirit to haste or mastery which I think would actually be better for humans than the other caster weapons. Since the weapon drops on the first boss i'd recommend checking out this gearing option.

Just did a check and Mr. Robot which of course isn't the end all resource, but it seems to rank higher than all the other weapons for destro and demo. For affliction it ranks second.
(When I say rank first and second I mean out of gear of its ilv. If you compare 522 weps to other 522 weps, thundeforged to other thunderforged, heroic, etc)
Edited by Grimmlyn on 5/10/2013 3:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Mine is pretty fun. Every Man For Himself is on my main bar for anytime I'm Silenced/Feared/Stunned/etc.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Gnomes are the master race.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
how dumb they look doing pretty much anything

Says the gnome.

To address the OP, the only alliance races that offer a PvE dps boost to warlocks are worgen, human and gnome. The human and gnome contributions are dependent on the weapon you use (no racial weapon = SoL). The worgen racial is the only reliable one (albeit a minor one).
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Gnome master race checking in.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
The worgen 1% crit is better than it appears.
% based secondary stats are not equal to the common "stat weights" associated with "rating" on gear and gems.
Reply Quote
36 Human Paladin
guys keep it commin, so should i got worgen or gnome, these replies r really helping me decide, its just down to 2 races now, Gnome or Worgen
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
guys keep it commin, so should i got worgen or gnome, these replies r really helping me decide, its just down to 2 races now, Gnome or Worgen

Go for the one you prefer...

Gnome = more hit but MUST use dagger or sword

Worgen = more crit (which is not always good depending on your spec) and can use any kind of weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
05/09/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Scumbagdps
although all specs hate crit so its a minimal gain at best

Lolwat? Affliction is the only spec that really shuns crit. Destro uses it more effectively depending on the type of fight. Demo only shuns crit when it gets the Lei Shen trinket. Worgen is simply the most flexible race.

And I'm boggled that so many people in this thread aren't aware of gnome/human racials for PvE DPS.

However, I hate these types of thread. They're so pointless. Let me clue you in on something here: People who asks these questions are not cutting edge players in guilds like Blood Legion, Method, or Vodka (lolowaittheydied). Picking a race due to racials is the cream of the crop for min/maxing. You will not be able to notice a difference in damage between being a worgen or human, and I absolutely loathe people who ask for the best race for min/maxing. If you were doing content that mattered to that degree you wouldn't be here (and you'd be in a horde guild anyways) because you'd already know. LFR heroes, and even people who dabble in heroics need not apply for this amount of min/maxing. It's absolutely silly.

Not to mention, due to humans/gnomes it's not really possible to gauge DPS racials. Humans having a free PvP trinket can be quite the lifesaver even in PvE, and if it gets you out of a mechanic the other two can't get out of it becomes leaps and bounds stronger than some crit or 1% hit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Lolwat? Affliction is the only spec that really shuns crit. Destro uses it more effectively depending on the type of fight. Demo only shuns crit when it gets the Lei Shen trinket. Worgen is simply the most flexible race.

Its the worst stat for all 3 specs. Period.

Even if you dont have UVLS crit is the worst stat. In t14 crit was great if not optimal for demo but now that we have to deal with rppm, demonology has to please the haste gods just like everyone else.

That being said I already recognized Worgen as the best alliance race, but its nothing to write home about for a warlock.
Edited by Scumbagdps on 5/10/2013 5:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Dwarf of course.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]