What is the best Race for a Warlock(alliance)

36 Human Paladin
05/10/2013 04:29 PMPosted by Varlth
although all specs hate crit so its a minimal gain at best

Lolwat? Affliction is the only spec that really shuns crit. Destro uses it more effectively depending on the type of fight. Demo only shuns crit when it gets the Lei Shen trinket. Worgen is simply the most flexible race.

And I'm boggled that so many people in this thread aren't aware of gnome/human racials for PvE DPS.

However, I hate these types of thread. They're so pointless. Let me clue you in on something here: People who asks these questions are not cutting edge players in guilds like Blood Legion, Method, or Vodka (lolowaittheydied). Picking a race due to racials is the cream of the crop for min/maxing. You will not be able to notice a difference in damage between being a worgen or human, and I absolutely loathe people who ask for the best race for min/maxing. If you were doing content that mattered to that degree you wouldn't be here (and you'd be in a horde guild anyways) because you'd already know. LFR heroes, and even people who dabble in heroics need not apply for this amount of min/maxing. It's absolutely silly.

Not to mention, due to humans/gnomes it's not really possible to gauge DPS racials. Humans having a free PvP trinket can be quite the lifesaver even in PvE, and if it gets you out of a mechanic the other two can't get out of it becomes leaps and bounds stronger than some crit or 1% hit.

U should loathe urself for actually spending the time to making an attempt at an insulting reply. it WAYYY too long, if u dont like my question dont reply

AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
U should loathe urself for actually spending the time to making an attempt at an insulting reply. it WAYYY too long, if u dont like my question dont reply

Enjoy min/maxing your DPS for LFR. While you're doing LFR you might want to learn how to type.

Fun fact: The DPS difference, by my stat weights, of a human (with a sword for 1% hit) vs a worgen is ~350 DPS in favor of the worgen. At a 130k single target DPS that's a nice .2% DPS difference.

Its the worst stat for all 3 specs. Period.

Even if you dont have UVLS crit is the worst stat. In t14 crit was great if not optimal for demo but now that we have to deal with rppm, demonology has to please the haste gods just like everyone else.

That being said I already recognized Worgen as the best alliance race, but its nothing to write home about for a warlock.

It's nothing to write home about for any spec or any class.

Obviously running UVLS will devalue crit, but stop acting like crit is a dead stat for any of the specs. The only spec that has ever really shunned crit is a spec like elemental that doesn't gain any benefit from it on a large chunk of their damage, and that was pre-MoP/250% LB crit damage. Seriously, I was full BiS T13 and rockeda whopping 35 crit rating and it came from my helm enchant.

Is it the worst stat? Depends on their stat values, or gearing level. Crit is a far better stat on a single target fight than mastery for destro, and if you don't have any RPPM trinkets/meta yet then haste isn't going to be the end all be all. Once you start gearing up crit can definitely fall off the radar, but generalizations are bad, mkay?
Edited by Varlth on 5/10/2013 6:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
PvP? Most likely human because of how good Every Man For Himself is for PvP.

PvE? I say worgen because of the 1% crit bonus. Speed boost from Darkflight also comes in handy very often. If you're using the right weapon, you get 1% spell hit as human and EMFH can be used to deal with certain raid mechanics.

To those saying how bad crit is, 1% crit is 1% overall damage boost for just being worgen (I'm not taking soulfire and CB scaling with crit and lei shen trinket into account for simplicity's sake).
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's nothing to write home about for any spec or any class.

Obviously running UVLS will devalue crit, but stop acting like crit is a dead stat for any of the specs. The only spec that has ever really shunned crit is a spec like elemental that doesn't gain any benefit from it on a large chunk of their damage, and that was pre-MoP/250% LB crit damage. Seriously, I was full BiS T13 and rockeda whopping 35 crit rating and it came from my helm enchant.

Is it the worst stat? Depends on their stat values, or gearing level. Crit is a far better stat on a single target fight than mastery for destro, and if you don't have any RPPM trinkets/meta yet then haste isn't going to be the end all be all. Once you start gearing up crit can definitely fall off the radar, but generalizations are bad, mkay?

I never said it was a dead stat, I only said its the worst stat. Which is true. When you have 3 stats and 2 of them are better than the 3rd, wouldn't that make it the worst? I don't know how else to put it. It's the weakest. It's provides the least amount of dps per point. It's the worst.

Crit is not better than mastery for single target, certainly not "far better". And outside of extremely low gear levels, it never has been.

Honestly with your logs you shouldn't be condescending to anyone. Prove me wrong, though.

EDIT: Worgen is great for fire mages and hunters.
Edited by Scumbagdps on 5/10/2013 8:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
To those saying how bad crit is, 1% crit is 1% overall damage boost for just being worgen (I'm not taking soulfire and CB scaling with crit and lei shen trinket into account for simplicity's sake).

1% crit isn't an overall 1% damage boost.

It's a 1% damage boost to 30% of your overall damage.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
1% crit isn't an overall 1% damage boost.

Hmm now that I think about it, it's 1% increase only if you're going from 0 to 1% crit and the overall benefit of crit will diminish as you get more crit. My bad on that one.

It's a 1% damage boost to 30% of your overall damage.

Yea certainly 1% increase for soulfire/chaos bolt.

Oh and pet benefits from crit unlike destro and aff's mastery. Can't forget that.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
To sum up Varith's point:

If you have to ask, it doesn't matter.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Honestly with your logs you shouldn't be condescending to anyone. Prove me wrong, though.

Lol...you looked up my logs? Talk about the definition of strawman. I'm not in a hardcore guild right now, we only raid 9 hours a week. I hold my own, and usually compete for the top couple of slots on the meters. Nor do I have a meta or second RPPM trinket (Monday will be my first night testing VP trinket since every time I've simmed it it's lowered my DPS slightly). Why you brought up meters out of the blue is beyond me.

Honestly, the bottom line is that while none of the specs currently love crit (and it does fall off the radar the more and more geared you get) it wouldn't matter even if they did. Choosing a race for a DPS boost is really only for cutting edge guilds because it's not going to make a difference unless everyone in the raid is doing it. Even in the case of hunters or fire mages the bonus isn't going to be noticeable on a personal level.

I"ll admit, hilariously I might add, I might have had one too many whiskey sours last night (Drunken alt raiding gogo) and got more argumentative about this than I should have.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
LFM
if you pvp, human. otherwise, tossup.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Female Dwarf, because unique snowflake.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I went human primarily for the rep boost. It really adds up in this grind game. As for gnomes being superior due to the mana boost, I thought we were all mana capped now?So that helps while levelling but not at 90.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/09/2013 04:14 PMPosted by Arathius
all of them have descent racials,

Lies.

If you're using the spirit sword (lol) human will give you 1% hit.
If you're using a dagger, gnome will give you 1% hit.
If you want the best for min/maxing, worgen really is your only choice.
If you really want to min/max, go Horde =/
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Thought shortblade bonus was 1h swords and daggers. For gnomes of course.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
neither. it's all situational. worgens get the crit bonus which is passive and very small. compare that to say a human who can debuff fears your dps will obviously be lower when feared say for idk 8 seconds while the human can just pop it off and continue to dps. not all healers can debuff fear or other harmful debuffs on players. they usually have set cleanses which can cleanse only so much.

if i had to say anything i would say a gnome. why? bigger mana pool. we have set mana pools for the most part however gnomes have bigger mana pools due to racial. if you played a warlock their mana goes down extremely fast during a boss fight im only low lvl but my mana almost goes down completely every boss fight and yes im doing correct rotation and either top dps or 2nd. i forget to use life tap as well thus i usually end up stopping to dps for mana for a few seconds which is a dps loss.

other then that i see no problems in any race i play a dwarf warlock mainly because you rarely even see a dwarf anything besides hunter and warriors/pallies. their racials are not that great but i do use them. If you want a dps boost go horde. the racial boosts are so small it doesn't make a great deal.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Racial DPS bonus' for Alliance? Is that a joke?

The obvious choice would be Worgen but 1% Crit is such a lackluster wet noodle of a racial DPS gain that I'd go Gnome just for the heck of it. Seriously Alliance is the PvP racial faction and Horde is the PvE racial faction...

Is this news?
Edited by Xenobe on 5/14/2013 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Even though worgen get 1% crit i'd say human for the double dps trinket in PvP in PvE worgen for 1% crit However gnomes bonus mana is always good
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Even though worgen get 1% crit i'd say human for the double dps trinket in PvP in PvE worgen for 1% crit However gnomes bonus mana is always good

8 month necro swag.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Besides walking around looking like the average internet furfag the worgen boost is most beneficial as desto. So if you plan on running destro go worgen...that and darkflight mixed with kjc is just brilliant in pvp
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]