Darrowmere PvE is DEAD! Please Read!!

This server is a joke anymore for PvE, So many good players have left the server.
You cannot even PUG current Throne of Thunder content. Only a small handful of guilds have even got past Horridon on this realm and its really sad.
I called Blizzard and they said to post something in the forums and get the attention of the GM's because they should offer free server changes to people if we get enough attention to them about the server being dead. SO LETS DO IT PEOPLE.
Edited by Fluxetta on 5/11/2013 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I agree, we need realm transfers! *shake fist*
Reply Quote
Yea we are supposed to be a PvE server but not anymore there is more PvP players.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

Shows were PvP cause the server is headed back that way.
Our rank is 174th and we wouldn't be that if it wasn't for IOP
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Agreed 100% In fact, I am outta here come tomorrow or the next day, heading to a higher pop realm on my main (this toon) so I can get groups. Cant do diddly on Darrowmere since no one is ever there.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Vex
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is a good 99% chance you will not get a free realm transfer.
Reply Quote
That's cool Merican, but if they dont it's 100% chance they are going to lose myself which is a player that pays 6 months at a time & also since I am GM of my Guild they are going to lose a few more players that are going to quit WoW just because I am. So, if Blizzard wants to lose even more players, then they can go right ahead.
Reply Quote
100% Agree Flux, we can't progress because we have to pug people that normally aren't that good (no offense to anyone) and the people that don't suck on this server are either stuck in their own little "groups" that they raid with every week or transferring to a fuller server. I love our guildies and your guild because we try to have fun with what we do and don't cry if someone cusses or makes a mistake. Laid back is where I want to be because if I'm not having fun what's the point of even playing anymore?

We're even losing our raid group members from transfers or because we can't get any progression. I've asked blizz for a free server transfer to get me out of this "prison" called darrowmere where I've leveled 7 90's and can't afford to transfer them.. and I have to have all my toons together because of my professions being able to help my own self with chants and gems & such. All they said was they only offer free transfers from high population to low population servers. Well they need to hurry up and bring us some transfers so we can hopefully find some more competent laid back raiders to join the guild.
Edited by Lifegiverr on 5/12/2013 7:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm going to re-post this here since there are 2 threads about the same damn thing. /grumble

05/11/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Emopally
its almost impossible to pug anything due to lack of players.

I don't think it's due to a lack of active players as much as it is a lack of serious players. There are realms with a LOT fewer players than Darrowmere.

There would be plenty of people worth pug'ing if more people on this realm gave a damn about their personal performance instead of how many bosses they have downed, read the how-to-play-your class-&-spec sticky threads on the forums, and tried to improve their game instead of just playing it.

05/11/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Emopally
the vast majority of experianced raiders have tranfered off the realm.

Yeah, raiders have transferred off Darrowmere, but I would say the "vast majority" of them have since quit playing, and a lot of people who transfer regret it because the grass isn't greener.

Yes, there are more people on other realms looking for pugs, but most of the people who transfer from this realm would be kicked from that pug once their lack of skill became apparent. As a result of a larger population to pug from, there's more competition and you can easily be replaced if you're not up to par.

So maybe you guys should spend more time helping your guild members improve so they're better pugs. Hell, I'll help people if they are willing to learn and can take constructive feedback. There are many SFOS members I have helped train on how to play Rdruid or Boomkin, and pointed them in a direction where they can learn even more.
Edited by Phaydre on 5/12/2013 12:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 05:35 PMPosted by Fluxetta
So many good players have left the server.

See my post above about people who left.

05/11/2013 05:35 PMPosted by Fluxetta
Only a small handful of guilds have even got past Horridon on this realm and its really sad.

I'm sorry, but if people don't know their class & spec, it doesn't matter how many people there are. Skill matters in this game too. Quality over quantity.

I called Blizzard and they said to post something in the forums and get the attention of the GM's because they should offer free server changes to people if we get enough attention to them about the server being dead. SO LETS DO IT PEOPLE.

I don't think this will happen. The only time I have seen or heard of them allowing people to transfer for free is from high pop realms to low pop realms, or if a realm changes from PvP to PvE or vice versa.

Yea we are supposed to be a PvE server but not anymore there is more PvP players.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

Shows were PvP cause the server is headed back that way.
Our rank is 174th and we wouldn't be that if it wasn't for IOP

No, that is not why it says PvP next to our realm name. These sites never updated our status when it changed from a PvP to a PvE realm.
Edited by Phaydre on 5/12/2013 9:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/12/2013 06:42 AMPosted by Lifegiverr
100% Agree Flux, we can't progress because we have to pug people that normally aren't that good (no offense to anyone) and the people that don't suck on this server are either stuck in their own little "groups" that they raid with every week

Everyone has lives outside of WoW. Our team is scheduled to raid 4 nights a week for 3 hours each night, although it NEVER works out that way because someone's real life always gets in the way, but the point is, we spend so much time raiding on our team that many of us can't afford to spend a lot of time playing the rest of the week. Toward the end of Cata, we had a lot more time on our hands and helped other teams, but it's really hard to do that right now.

Laid back is where I want to be because if I'm not having fun what's the point of even playing anymore? We're even losing our raid group members from transfers or because we can't get any progression.

You can be laid back and have fun while progressing through current content, but you can also be too laid back to be able to progress through current content. People have got to put effort into their toon instead of relying on Blizz to make their spec OP so they do well without even trying.

Well they need to hurry up and bring us some transfers so we can hopefully find some more competent laid back raiders to join the guild.

Usually when competent raiders transfer from high pop to low pop, they come as an established team. They might pug pre-existing players on the realm, but you can't expect that these people are going to want to join your team.
Edited by Phaydre on 5/12/2013 8:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
With all of that said, yes I realize Darrowmere is not a big realm and it would be nice to have more and better players; I just think you guys are focusing on the wrong things and blaming the wrong parties for these issues. You also have expectations that are set too high about what would happen if you changed realms. I'm trying to provide a bit of a reality check with my replies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah, raiders have transferred off Darrowmere, but I would say the "vast majority" of them have since quit playing, and a lot of people who transfer regret it because the grass isn't greener.

idk i went to a-52 and im loving in on my shammy where else could i go and pug and raid like 6hours a week on him and be 2/13H. logging and wanting to kill nalak not having to spend 30mins to find 9 people nope i just run there and if he is up when i get there kill him or wait for him to spawn and then he is dead since people are already waiting there. or on darrowmere if you have one person missing from your raid team there is no progression awsome so much fun there, darrowmere is dead and a terrible server. there is no pugging going on at all I know they will never give free server xfer but i can always hope and dream that they do. but i do agree with fluxxetta the pugging is terribad on this server and not any fun at all if im not raiding on darrowmere im just bored out of my mind sitting in shrine looking around going dang im the only one there. always something to do on other servers which is why if im not raiding on my pally and im playing wow im doing so on a-52
Reply Quote

idk i went to a-52 and im loving in on my shammy where else could i go and pug and raid like 6hours a week on him and be 2/13H.

Urgan, the word majority means some, but not all. I'm aware some people like you are still playing and doing well on other realms.

You have to admit though, the people who transferred and ARE still playing and doing well were usually the most skilled and progressed on this realm. I don't know what level of skill the people talking about transferring in this thread are playing at, but they aren't very progressed. They're already going to be at a disadvantage if they go somewhere like Area 52 and the person in Trade looking for a pug looks at their armory profile.
Edited by Phaydre on 5/12/2013 10:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I would never say that PvE is dead on Darrowmere. It was dead at the end of WotLK when the server switched from PvP to PvE on March 16, 2010 (yeah, I've been on Darrowmere that long). If I remember correctly, it was ranked 254 in the US. Whatever the rank, I do know it was dead last for progression.

Now, Darrowmere is ranked 176, there are three teams working on Heroic Horridon, and eight that have killed him on normal. Is that a top ranking server? No, but it isn't a dead one.

I will admit that PuGing is not popular on Darrowmere. Most groups prefer to do their recruiting off server and would prefer to skip a week of raiding than recruit from /trade. I would love to see more quality players on the server to pick from on nights when we're missing a player due to RL. However, I do realize I'm not on a server like A-52, in which PuGs are extremely popular, so the team makes adjustments.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Pugging in general is hard for this tier. Horridon is a pug breaker on normal because you have to meet certain AoE dps requirements and then have the healing/tanking to back up that DPS. Those looking for suggestions on how to down Horridon should head over to the Raid and Dungeon forums and ask for some tips on how to handle it in a pug group.

Obvious answer is to use Heroism on the third door (Most annoying of all).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
With all due respect Phey this realm is dead. The sad part of it all is its not the worst off realm. It IS Blizzards responsibility to fix the issue, but thus far all they've done is CRZ(which hurts low population realms). Every realm outside of a select few are bleeding population to the mega pop's. Darrowmere along with the 100+ other low population realms need to be consolidated.

When /2 doesn't move for hours at a time and you don't see anyone around you in Stormwind/Shrine that is an issue. Believe it or not the grass is greener on the other side. Leaving Darrowmere was the best choice I've made in this game.

I will agree that people here aren't willing to put in the effort to show up to raids/research their class. Thats on them. Not having any population to recruit from is unacceptable though.

Shout out to Darrowmere horde who have it worst of all. Dead side of a dying server cant be fun.

They wont ever read this so sadly it doesn't do much good.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Vex
on server status/population: Darrowmere is in quite a bad place. PuGing is near non-existant (without SFOS and Mass Ex I would have nothing to do on my shaman <.<). Many of the better players on the realm have left to join high pop realms or high progression guilds, leaving this realm with the dedicated few. Would server merges help the PuGablility on darrowmere? yes. Will it actually happen? not for a while at least. The realm just has nothing left to offer over many others.

Hell, I made the stupid decision of joining a guild on a med/low population server. PuGing is just as bad here as it is on darrowmere. The only time it would ever happen is when the top 2-3 guild would sift through their online rosters and try and throw together something and not start a 10v25 debate in the process (and even that rarely happens).

I will say that a lot of what makes the PuG population so bad is the difficulty of ToT and the arrangement of bosses. The fact that ToT is 100% linear makes PuGing suck, since many easy bosses like tortos, ji'kun, and qon can't be accessed until defeating harder bosses. That, along with ToT in general being harder that many normal modes in the past (ie: firelands, DS, MV) just make it hard for random uncoordinated groups to succeed.

For now, just pay for the transfer, re-roll, or go on a break from the game. There aren't many other realistic options.
Reply Quote
Ghostcrawler: We do have plans and we are actively (as in I was in a meeting on it yesterday) working on a plan. We don't want to share that plan until we are reasonably confident that it is going to work. We want to be clear that we don't think the experience for players on very low pop realms (which includes very imbalanced factions on otherwise active realms) is a good one. We want to solve it.

from 4/26/13 on the subject of low pop. And a pretty heated topic for over a year now. (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2986509135?page=1)

From the looks of it they seem to think CRZ and xfer from high pop to low pop is not the answer.

Until then 25 bucks is well worth it seeing as though low pop is seriously missing out on the real game.
Reply Quote
46 Human Paladin
mass transfers to the 3-4 monster realms is common these days.
if you plan on waiting for blizz to offer free xfers, or to fix the issue...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]