Darrowmere PvE is DEAD! Please Read!!

90 Draenei Shaman
TL;DR: Not everything in life is "fair" or "equal". Whining and complaining like you're entitled to anything will not make any situation better. Sometimes you have to make the change yourself.

I don't think this is helpful. Blizzard -does- need to do something to address the plight of low population and dead realms. If they don't, the game is going to die, plain and simple.
Reply Quote
Agreed 100%.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Blizzard -does not- need to do anything. They more than likely have a whole team of analysts that determine what is the most financially beneficial way to handle any problem.

I started playing in WotLK and since then I have seen the community in OUTRAGE with each and every patch to date all claiming the death of WoW. It's beginning to sound like the end of world predictions. We survived Y2k, the end of the Mayan calendar and several of Harold Camping's predictions. I am certain that Blizzard and WoW will survive even if they do nothing about this issue.

Should they do something? Sure, I'd like to see some method to alleviate the frustration that many are feeling beyond making them pay to transfer. I think a simple 1 time allowance per account for a same faction server transfer would not be much to ask. I think this would be the simplest. Any realm mergers would create name conflicts that some might not be happy with or prolonged downtime that cannot be avoided.
Reply Quote
Straight up: everyone has a right to respond to this thread and any thread on any forum on this and other websites. Everyone who has toons on this realm now or previously, who is considering creating a toon here, who transferred toons off the realm, or who never even had anything to do with this realm has the right. It doesn't matter whether they're Horde or Alliance, on a raid team or not, has pug'ed or has never raided in their WoW life. Get over it. We all have the right and we all have something valid to contribute to the conversation. (Well, almost all. The /popcorn posts are just people being silly.)

There's "what needs to be done" and "what you can do in the meantime." I don't think anyone who has responded to this thread is saying we wouldn't benefit from an increase in the Darrowmere population.

What we ARE saying is whether or not this happens, if you want to have more people pug'ing ToT and have more successful pug groups in ToT, you have to put some effort into it. You can't expect to waltz into ToT as a pug and down bosses when some established raid teams are struggling with them.

If you're not willing to put in the effort to make improvements, then you may as well just transfer or start a toon on another realm. Maybe it will work out well for you, and maybe not, but sitting here doing nothing to get around the issue while it's occurring will get you absolutely nowhere.

Someone mentioned OpenRaid. That is a good option to help you get through normal and heroic MSV, HoF, and ToES. You can't do ToT through OpenRaid yet, but hey, it's something..
Reply Quote
Phay I meant no disrespect but you always seem to take things in a disrespectful manner. I said having a "CLIQUE" to run with is completely understandable and we would like that also. But since Darrowmere has a ton of elitist guilds and the ones that aren't elitists are normally bad players it's hard to pug or get someone good to switch guilds to join our team.

Meekah you saying blizzard more than likely has a whole team of analysts that determine what is most financially beneficial way to handle problems is the same mind state that blizzard takes in money gouging from it's long term subscribers. They are a guaranteed mutibillion corporation that only cares about the money it seems. They make new content to keep players playing and paying, but they don't do anything special for the long term subscibers (almost 5 years here) even when we beg. Of course they will survive because they have more games that are pay to play than WoW.

I do agree with you on your last paragraph however except for name conflicts and prolonged downtime. I could care less about downtime and changing my name if it helped us long time subscribers get more out of the game when it came back online. Hell we sit in Stormwind or Shrine long enough to make that downtime seem about the same. I guess if people like to treat this game as a chatroom it would affect those but the serious players don't do that.

You are one of the best healers/players I've ever met and you've taught me a ton about different classes and I have mucho respect for you because of that. But when you get on and troll me like you did yesterday on Nalak I don't know what to think of you or perceive of your intentions. And yes I'm just ranting, I've been drinking a little.

I don't want anyone to take offense, this thread is about the problem on Darrowmere where I've been stuck for 5 years. I heard someone say they went to another server and there was constant all day and night world boss trade invitations and MoP Raid invitations. I'd just like to see that on Darrowmere because I have 7 90's that I love to play and would like to do more with to gear them up quicker. This toon is as geared as it can be unless I luckily get a shoulder token, or a better offhand to drop, or a 2 handed staff. I've never once experienced heroic mode raids on this server because of all the good players running with their own teams. I'm a good player IMO I want some of that beast gear.
Edited by Lifegiverr on 5/16/2013 8:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Straight up: everyone has a right to respond to this thread and any thread on any forum on this and other websites. Everyone who has toons on this realm now or previously, who is considering creating a toon here, who transferred toons off the realm, or who never even had anything to do with this realm has the right. It doesn't matter whether they're Horde or Alliance, on a raid team or not, has pug'ed or has never raided in their WoW life. Get over it. We all have the right and we all have something valid to contribute to the conversation. (Well, almost all. The /popcorn posts are just people being silly.)

There's "what needs to be done" and "what you can do in the meantime." I don't think anyone who has responded to this thread is saying we wouldn't benefit from an increase in the Darrowmere population.

What we ARE saying is whether or not this happens, if you want to have more people pug'ing ToT and have more successful pug groups in ToT, you have to put some effort into it. You can't expect to waltz into ToT as a pug and down bosses when some established raid teams are struggling with them.

If you're not willing to put in the effort to make improvements, then you may as well just transfer or start a toon on another realm. Maybe it will work out well for you, and maybe not, but sitting here doing nothing to get around the issue while it's occurring will get you absolutely nowhere.

Someone mentioned OpenRaid. That is a good option to help you get through normal and heroic MSV, HoF, and ToES. You can't do ToT through OpenRaid yet, but hey, it's something..

Yes I do agree with what you said here, there has to be an effort put forth, we are putting in effort even posting on this forum. I dont think we are too familiar with OpenRaid, does that even work? And yes Phay I know we all have lives outside of WoW. I've considered retiring many times to take more time to spend with my almost 2 year old daughter and my wife who takes great care of me and who needs me off the game more often. I just get sucked back in because I love love love healing. :)

You know what I do hate more than Darrowmere dying though? Having to proofread my g/d posts for spelling errors or mispronunciation because someone always has something to say about it..
Edited by Lifegiverr on 5/16/2013 8:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If you meant no disrespect then you need to use a different word next time. The definition of clique says the group of people intentionally excludes others. That's not what we do. We're a group of friends that ends up spending more time in-game together than with other people because we're simply scheduled to spend that much time together.

Yes, OpenRaid works and I encourage you to try it. I know a few people who have used it, and they said they tend to get grouped with very good players.

You don't "have to" spellcheck your posts, and people usually say something about that stuff just to be funny. I wasn't putting you down for spelling clique wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yes, OpenRaid works and I encourage you to try it. I know a few people who have used it, and they said they tend to get grouped with very good players.

I've used it myself, but not since MoP dropped. I have, however, heard tales of the opposite sort - that it's gone downhill, and that if you don't already have the achievements, no one will take you anyway.

05/16/2013 07:58 AMPosted by Meeks
Blizzard -does not- need to do anything. They more than likely have a whole team of analysts that determine what is the most financially beneficial way to handle any problem.

You are entitled to your opinion, but it's not one that I share. The plight of low population realms is one piece of why the raiding environment on many servers is falling to pieces. They can either fix it, or they can lose more subs. Which is already happening on many populated servers, but is being accelerated on low-pop servers.

I am certain that Blizzard and WoW will survive even if they do nothing about this issue.

Yes. If Blizzard ignores many of its customers, WoW will survive. The question is, will it be the game that you have loved for several expansions? I've been playing since TBC, and even on this extremely high population server, I am seeing more and more signs that the game is not healthy and it desperately needs help. Low population servers are one symptom of a wide-ranging problem.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
The server is on its last PvE leg so to speak and I as a person that has been on Darrowmere since my trial account because this is where Blizzard put me. Feels my account transfer should be this on them, & for player that pays 6 months at a time I dont feel its too much to ask.

The cost provides a disincentive. If they did it for you they would have to consider free transfers for everyone who was unhappy with their server. The idea of 1 free transfer per account doesn't seem unreasonable but its just probably not going to happen. I was put on Darrowmere with my another account that was a trial. If I decided I wanted out, should they provide me with free transfers for all my toons as well?

I as a paying subscriber feel I should have the same experience in this game on all servers, and yes people are different but if you put enough people in one area the chances of finding groups that are alike are a lot higher. THAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS THREAD. & the point of the matter is the population on Darrowmere is dwindling and the population of good geared 90's have taken the blunt of the loss.

Any realm mergers would create name conflicts that some might not be happy with or prolonged downtime that cannot be avoided.

I'm not sure that having the same experience is realistic. Individual servers all have unique communities that change over time. I read that blizzard is looking into ways to give people on low pop servers more options and more people to play with without destroying the communities. Maybe some news will come out of Blizzcon?

I've used it myself, but not since MoP dropped. I have, however, heard tales of the opposite sort - that it's gone downhill, and that if you don't already have the achievements, no one will take you anyway.

I have not tried it personally, but have heard very good things. You should try again it rather than just dismissing it.

Low population servers are one symptom of a wide-ranging problem.

A lot of people like low and medium pop servers. It's you opinion that its a problem but not everyone shares that view point. I personally wish there were more active raiders so I could play more with alts when I have the time, but thats just not the case. Trashing the server on the forums (HEADLINE: Darrwomere PVE is DEAD!) isn't going to help matters or attract more raiders to Darrowmere.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
05/16/2013 02:30 PMPosted by Daoshi
I have not tried it personally, but have heard very good things. You should try again it rather than just dismissing it.

If you haven't tried it yourself, why would you even say this?

A lot of people like low and medium pop servers. It's you opinion that its a problem but not everyone shares that view point. I personally wish there were more active raiders so I could play more with alts when I have the time, but thats just not the case. Trashing the server on the forums (HEADLINE: Darrwomere PVE is DEAD!) isn't going to help matters or attract more raiders to Darrowmere.

I didn't trash the server. Perhaps you should speak to the OP?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Vex
You know what I do hate more than Darrowmere dying though? Having to proofread my g/d posts for spelling errors or mispronunciation because someone always has something to say about it..

Welcome to the internet, were all the people with English majors go when they can't find a job

Zing!

(no hate to all the English majors out there)

I don't think we are too familiar with OpenRaid, does that even work?

This is probably one of the best tools you can find for PuGing. I would suggest looking at openraid before transfering, since it will give you a semi-accurate interpretation of how a high pop realm will be.
Reply Quote
I am one of the best healers on the server when I have gear good enough for the situation.

LFR gear is good enough for any situation in Normal mode and I doubt you are in Heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
But when you get on and troll me like you did yesterday on Nalak I don't know what to think of you or perceive of your intentions

Just fooling around man.... not like Nalak it's hard.

You are entitled to your opinion, but it's not one that I share

That really isn't an opinion more of a fact. Everyone is acting as if Blizzard is legally bound to make sure every single customer is 100% happy. They could announce tomorrow that 5.3 will be the last content release EVER if they want to. Blizzard -does not- need to do anything if they don't want to is all I am saying. If you read the rest of that you will see my opinion. The sub base peaked in WotLK and has been shrinking since, there is no data on why as far as I am aware. Loss of subs could be for any reason... aging player base not being replenished, other mmo's, individual players economic situations, dislike of panda's, price of rice in China.... anything really.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
DAI
Get 'em, boys!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
That really isn't an opinion more of a fact. Everyone is acting as if Blizzard is legally bound to make sure every single customer is 100% happy. They could announce tomorrow that 5.3 will be the last content release EVER if they want to. Blizzard -does not- need to do anything if they don't want to is all I am saying. If you read the rest of that you will see my opinion. The sub base peaked in WotLK and has been shrinking since, there is no data on why as far as I am aware. Loss of subs could be for any reason... aging player base not being replenished, other mmo's, individual players economic situations, dislike of panda's, price of rice in China.... anything really.

I don't recall ever once stating that Blizzard was legally bound to do anything.

How about I put it this way: If Blizzard wants to have paying subs, they need to do something. :)

They need to do something.

Are they legally bound to do anything? Nope. But they need to. They should. And I hope they will.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
05/16/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Reta

If you haven't tried it yourself, why would you even say this?

I didn't trash the server. Perhaps you should speak to the OP?

I said that because I find it helpful to find things before I dismiss them and was making a suggestion that you try it. There was a point in my life where I chose not to not eat salad. Never tried a salad. One day I tried a salad and I liked it, though I discovered not all salads are as tasty, most are pretty healthy (assuming you leave off the ranch). So now I eat salad often because I tried it and had a good experience. I have not liked every salad I have eaten but If I had not tried salad, I would not know how much I like it. YMMV.

All joking aside, I was suggesting that there may be an alternative solution to the stated problem that you had not fully considered or checked out. And I was responding to your statement while making a reference to the OP. Don't take everything ppl say on internet forums completely seriously or to be a personal slight and be careful thinking that everything is about you.

Are they legally bound to do anything? Nope. But they need to. They should. And I hope they will.

I think I remember reading a post where GC said they are working on something. So maybe they will announce something soonish or for 6.0?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Be like the smart ones and pay to leave somewhere good flux ;)
Though, since they do give free character transfers off over populated servers, they gave Stormrage the option to leave to Trollbane a couple months ago... of course, no one left.
They could give low pop. servers the same offer, but it would just be to another craptastic server, sure as hell wont give free transfers to a good server.
But there are always trade offs, try getting on a high pop. server during normal raid times... Its a nice 45-75 minute que time.
Edited by Readycheck on 5/18/2013 7:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
But there are always trade offs, try getting on a high pop. server during normal raid times... Its a nice 45-75 minute que time.

The sad thing is some people think you're referring to the length of time it takes to get into a dungeon or LFR. It's how long it takes to get into the GAME. You sit there on the toon selection screen and there's a window that shows how many people are ahead of you in line to sign in. Stormrage is one of those realms with a wait time during certain parts of the day. If you are on a raid team scheduled to begin at 8 PM, you better make sure you sign on to the game every raid night at 7 PM in case there's a queue.

Oh and if something big is going on, good luck dealing with server crashes. Meekah told me Stormrage crashed multiple times when hundreds of people gathered and were waiting to kill a world boss. The high pop realms also crash more than others when there's a new expansion or patch or an issue with the server resets on Tuesdays. Hope you didn't want to sign on and play that new content because, well, you can't...

If anyone is considering transferring and doesn't want to deal with those issues, I suggest they do some research and transfer to a medium pop realm. (Edit: A medium pop realm with more people and progression than ours, cuz Darrowmere is listed as a Med realm in the game's realm selection screen.)
Edited by Phaydre on 5/18/2013 9:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
when the galleon spawn time changed A-52 would crash just from the sheer number of people attacking it, same with nalak when it first came out. Patch day, might as well forget about doing new dallies as everyone will steal your quest items(more than usual). Not to mention constant server lag.

If you are on a raid team scheduled to begin at 8 PM, you better make sure you sign on to the game every raid night at 7 PM in case there's a queue.

Theres always those few people who like to log in last minute on raid night. With que now you're postponing it 30min lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i though darrowmere was a high pop server.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]