Stop giving your Pandaren Japanese names

(Locked)

23 Pandaren Monk
but.... but... Genma Saotome was a panda D= (sometimes)
The issue I have with Japanese panda names is that most of them are controlled by players who do not know that pandas do not live in Japan.

I hate stupid enough already. I don't need people to run around showing me any more than they already do.

I must admit, stupid keeps me entertained, but I prefer not to have it ruin my rp immersion.
90 Human Paladin
What about mine?

For an RP server? It works well enough as a surname. Mistjade is the sort of last name most Pandaren have. Mei Mistjade would work well.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Traleda? You honestly took this post srsly? Just exploiting the irony of the situation here

I have a defective joke detector, but at the time of my post, only your first post and Koro's were up. I had no indication that there was a joke.
85 Gnome Death Knight
I NO RITE!

I just returned from China and I didn't see a single Kung-Fu Panda-man named Aho.
90 Pandaren Monk
05/11/2013 06:04 PMPosted by Roahin
What about mine?

For an RP server? It works well enough as a surname. Mistjade is the sort of last name most Pandaren have. Mei Mistjade would work well.

It's actually Julie-Su Mistjade. =)
90 Pandaren Monk
I have a Native American name. Mwahahaha!
90 Night Elf Druid
There is nothing Japanese about Pandaria. If anything it's Chinese. Kthx

Pandaren were originally Japanese themed, despite being pandas. This led to a backlash in China and it was changed.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2007/09/05/agdc-how-to-rule-the-world-of-warcraft/
90 Pandaren Monk

I do what I want.
90 Gnome Mage
Pandaria is not China. It's a fantasy land amalgamation which draws on several Asian cultures, including those of China, Japan, and Korea (has anyone noticed any others?) It's no more China than Northrend is Norway.
90 Pandaren Monk
not guilty
90 Pandaren Monk
<-- Not a Japanese name.
90 Pandaren Monk
05/11/2013 06:11 PMPosted by ßaka

I do what I want.

It's not like I like you or anything!
90 Night Elf Druid
I'll name one 'Boris'

Just to really mess with your head.

But Boris is a goose.
90 Dwarf Warlock
I wouldn't know the difference at any rate. I tried to make a Panda but the animations just killed it for me.
People naming their characters whatever they want. The horror!.

Also Goku is a Chineese name. In the Chinese story "Journey to the West" (which the original Dragon Ball was loosely based on) the name of the Monkey King was Son Goku.

He rode on a cloud and had a magical staff that could change size at his command. He was also a bit of an a-hole.
But Boris is a goose.

No, Nick Bradshaw is a Goose.
90 Human Hunter
I'll name one 'Boris'

Just to really mess with your head.

And I'll name one Natasha so we can try to thwart that moose and squirrel.
90 Human Paladin
Why. Are. You. Making. So. Many. Threads!?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]