Friendly Reminder (All Pet Hunters Read)

100 Tauren Paladin
There are going to be a lot of people hunting new pets out there tomorrow, that includes the new Val'kyr. If you plan to go out and catch one, please do just that. Catch ONE pet. You don't need a perfect, rare quality, perfect breed pet on your first try. Catch one and use stones to upgrade it if you have to and let everyone else have a shot at one.

We're not just hunting with each other, we're hunting with every other server that is an RP realm. Remember that.

That is... if CRZ doesn't go down all of tomorrow.
Reply Quote
89 Pandaren Monk
I wish everyone luck if they're trying for the Val'kyr today/tomorrow. I'm an avid little pet collector and leveler (499 unique/90+ at 25/most rares), but I won't even be trying for a few weeks at least. It's going to be crazy and even more wanted than the Scourged Whelpling, I bet.

I'm going to be doing the raids for the new raid drop pets though! That should be fun.
Reply Quote
Please take note that you get a flawless battle stone as a reward for doing all the pet dailies in a single day. So you can nab the crappiest little death-angel you want, do all the dailies, and upgrade her to rare straightaway.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I thought I read somewhere there was only one breed of Val'kyr?

Regardless, I'm quite excited that no one has enough information to determine the spawnrate...leaves a solid chunk of mystery.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
05/21/2013 06:43 AMPosted by Kulu
I thought I read somewhere there was only one breed of Val'kyr?

I don't think so -- I've seen people discussing stats of different breeds of it. Though maybe that was from an earlier PTR iteration -- I hope so, at least, as I'd strongly prefer that -all- the really rarespawn pets had only one rarity and one breed, to discourage the camping.

Though, even if there are more breeds, please don't kill any of the Val'kyr. Capture your first one, and if you simply must keep hunting, then run away from anything that isn't exactly what you want, so others can capture it.

I'm personally not even going to bother with trying to find it for some time, unless I happen to stumble across one. I've never had the stomach for really camping/hunting rare things long-term -- I the sort that just pokes spawn points every so often and see if they poke back.

Plus, there's so much else to do in 5.3. New brawls are gonna be fun, if they're proportionally as challenging as the late-rank originals were (aside from the mess that is Disruptron, especially post-Levitate fix).
Reply Quote
91 Human Priest
That is... if CRZ doesn't go down forever.

*Cough*

>.>
Edited by Julïan on 5/21/2013 7:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Pandaren Monk
I know there were several breeds on the PTR, but this doesn't always mean they'll go live. We'll have to wait and see. I'm with Yuyn; I'm not going to worry too much about it for a few weeks at least until there's a bit more information on spawning rates, breeds, etc. I definitely want one, but I can be patient!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
I'm in the "gonna wait a bit" camp. I've lived this long with out it, so I can wait a bit longer.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Please take note that you get a flawless battle stone as a reward for doing all the pet dailies in a single day. So you can nab the crappiest little death-angel you want, do all the dailies, and upgrade her to rare straightaway.

But... but...
Daaaaailies *sobs*

I'm wondering if the abilities would make it on par with some of the other undead pets.
Kinda happy though, tamed a minfernal yesterday after asking a cross-realm friend for an invite. Looked down and there was one right in front of me xD
Reply Quote
89 Pandaren Monk
Interesting....

Getting an Unborn Val'kyr might not be as bad as assumed!

I don't know if this is 100% confirmed yet, but...

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/undead/miscellaneous/unborn-val-kyr/

It can spawn ANYWHERE in Northrend and is basically an ADDED pet only (as in it is attached to a normal spawn). So you don't really have to camp. You just have to do a million and two pet battles until you get one.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Kinda happy though, tamed a minfernal yesterday after asking a cross-realm friend for an invite. Looked down and there was one right in front of me xD

Gratz! I'm starting to dispair of ever getting one. I only see them while I'm on a flight path and they crz away.

It can spawn ANYWHERE in Northrend and is basically an ADDED pet only (as in it is attached to a normal spawn). So you don't really have to camp. You just have to do a million and two pet battles until you get one.

Hopefully, that will be the case. It will give me a chance to level some other pets instead of just waiting like a vulture with everyone else.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
This makes me happy that I have a max level character on a very dead crz block.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
This, if it turns out to be true:

combined with this

Protection for bad luck streaks have been added to Battle-Stones from pet supplies bags and wild battles. Each bag or battle that does not provide a stone has a progressively better chance to award a stone to the player.

Plus the pets I have that need to be leveled hopefully will add up to me getting one while leveling through Northrend and hopefully getting all the stones I need.
Edited by Solafina on 5/21/2013 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
05/21/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Sethalaen

That's not quite what it says, unless it's been edited between when you looked it up and now.

All Warcraft Pets says on it is that it can spawn anywhere in Northrend, with no known way to 'force' it to spawn and no known pattern to the spawning -- it doesn't say anything about it only being a secondary pet in a battle (nor anything about it even potentially being a secondary pet in a battle).
Reply Quote
89 Pandaren Monk
It actually says that under location. If you click on location, it says quite clearly "Only found as an added pet (may join a battle)".
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
On a side note, If you need an arctic fox kit, but find that it never snows for you in Storm Peaks, then go there now. They are all over the place and it's not snowing.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
05/21/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Sethalaen
It actually says that under location. If you click on location, it says quite clearly "Only found as an added pet (may join a battle)".

Oh, so it does. I'm pretty sure that's an error, though, after looking at Wowhead comments. There's already a screenshot from live showing one out in the world as a minipet -- not sure if they can also spawn as secondary pets, of course.
Reply Quote
Finding one of these things is like sticking needles into your eyelids.
Reply Quote
89 Pandaren Monk
05/21/2013 08:56 PMPosted by Yuyn

Oh, so it does. I'm pretty sure that's an error, though, after looking at Wowhead comments. There's already a screenshot from live showing one out in the world as a minipet -- not sure if they can also spawn as secondary pets, of course.

Yes, looking at wowhead and some recent info, it's probably an error. Too bad really. It would be a lot easier to find them that way. I'd rather do 50 random battles than try and snatch them fast. I did not enjoy my camping of Scourged Whelplings or Minfernal.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
They have confirmed 27 spawn points. I posted the waypoints for Tomtom in the Battle Pet Forums.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]