Event Ideas For The Alliance (and Horde :D)

90 Human Hunter
Hello Blue Team (and Red Team too )!

A few of us (myself included) are itching to get things going and find new ways of having fun together especially with Summer around the corner. Hopefully, Summer will free up more time for you in real life and in game! When in game, don’t you think it’d be nice to have different and exciting events to participate in? Below are a few ideas that I feel have potential. I will continue to add to this list and I hope that anyone interested will too. Please let me know if any of these sound interesting/fun and share your own ideas/recommendations. I’d love it if we had a committee of Alliance & Horde members working together to plan events, be they faction exclusive or cross-faction!

These ideas are not exactly originals. Plenty of guilds have done these kinds of things and I see no reason why we shouldn’t dabble with them if we want to! Hope to hear your thoughts!!

Craft Fair : Is your alt with enchanting collecting dust? Have you always wanted to take up leatherworking? A craft fair can give people get a head start on a new profession or let them play catch up! Ideally, we’d have those interested in farming/gathering the needed mats get together in vent for a vent party and all farm together! This would be awesome for those with maxed gathering professions but equally awesome for people looking to level up a gathering profession as well and have the added motivation of helping others with the mats they collect! When we have a crap load, we can have a craft fair and pass out what is needed to people who need it. Might be good to limit the professions at each fair to avoid going crazy. Maybe we can try to group similar professions into each fair: tailoring/enchanting, blacksmithing/engineering, and alchemy/inscription. Nobody should expect to fly from 1-600 with the mats provided, but if we can safely get them from one expansion’s skill range to another (say, from obsidium items to ghost iron) I think it would be a helpful thing for people! This can happen as often as people want it to happen, as long we can collect enough mats to make it worth while.

Naked Dungeon Runs: No shirt? No shoes? NO PROBLEM ;) Unequip your armor and either go commando or with a tabard and fight your way through a heroic 85 dungeon with some buddies and only the gear you acquire along the way! A few groups competing at the same time while everyone is in vent together can make this really fun :D We can offer prizes too to sweeten things even more.

Fishing Derby: IDK ABOUT YOU BUT I STILL NEED THAT DAMN SEA TURTLE. D: This event would be a great opportunity to level your fishing/fish up a rare mount/win prizes/make new friends. We can pick a location ( /cross fingers that it's in Northrend! ) shortly before the event to prevent people from stocking up on the fish required to win and then have people race to see who can fish up X amount of a certain type of fish/item .

Brawlers' Night: If you don’t already have a pass, we can hopefully provide one for you or help cushion the blow of what it might cost (or farm it off rares ahead of time..we can get creative with the options here!) Everyone piles together in the pub and cheers each other on. Even more fun if we avoid looking up fights and just try to learn from watching each other! BYOB.

Transmog Contest: If you know one thing about me, I hope it’s something other than that I love transmog! But if you know at least two things about me I hope that one of them is how much I love transmog! :D This contest can only be fun if we get a solid group interested in competing! We can give out gold, rare transmog items geared for specific armor types, even mounts!

NOTE: I'd like a transmog contest to happen late in the summer time as a way to wind things down for everyone. We can throw our own or team up with hordies and make it a fierce faction fashion face-off!! (try saying that five times fast ;) )

World PvP Events Coordinated (or not) with Horde Guilds : Haven’t bothered getting the Reins of the Dark Riding Talbuk that requires pvping in Nagrand (thanks goes to Frediablo, forthe idea ;) )? Feel like ganking in the Gurubashi Arena? We can have fun events like these with some help from willing friends on the red side! Gurubashi technically doesn’t need to be filled with Horde. We could just all go there as Alliance and have a death match on our own!
If you'd like to chat with me directly here's my battletag: Samarrah#1604. If you are on Alliance, you might as well add me anyway. If we haven't talked, we really should! :)

Hordies! If you as individuals would like to help or want your guild to have some fun with us (even if it's just to snag some hk's during a world pvp event we might have) please let me know here or in game! Thanks a bunch! :)

<3 Sam
Edited by Samarrah on 5/13/2013 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I can help you get your mount just let me know when
Reply Quote
I'm listing what I liked:

Brawlers' Night

World PvP Events Coordinated with Horde Guilds
: imo, no real coordination required for this since there is crz, I always see Halaa going off in WorldDefense.

Craft Fair
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
we should do city raids again too. but idk if we have the numbers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I think that if we can gather something like 30 to 40 people with some decent PvP Gear, it's do-able. You could still attack Durotar and such with less, but that would make it harder.

Good luck with attacking the front of org it is CRZ and has tons and tons of people just out there dueling. So many that they duel all the way out to the watering holes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Good luck with attacking the front of org it is CRZ and has tons and tons of people just out there dueling. So many that they duel all the way out to the watering holes.

If only the city had other entrances...

;)

City raids would be awesome, Dare!
Edited by Samarrah on 5/9/2013 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I know when I ran CPD and Here I Stand forever ago. I had a guild vent that I asked people to get onto as soon as they logged in. This created a sense of community that I've only had with a few people here. Sometimes nobody spoke and there would be 12-15 people in vent. However, it seems the "let's do something" statement happens so much more when everyone can do it quickly without waiting for a green reply at the bottom of your screen.

I've always wanted a community Cho'gall Alliance ventrillo, something with the veterans and the guild leaders all being an admin to "control the trolls". The main channel can have a password and there can be one without for the leveling lowbies and such.
Edited by Telestio on 5/9/2013 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I know when I ran CPD and Here I Stand forever ago. I had a guild vent that I asked people to get onto as soon as they logged in. This created a sense of community that I've only had with a few people here. Sometimes nobody spoke and there would be 12-15 people in vent. However, it seems the "let's do something" statement happens so much more when everyone can do it quickly without waiting for a green reply at the bottom of your screen.

I've always wanted a community Cho'gall Alliance ventrillo, something with the veterans and the guild leaders all being an admin to "control the trolls". The main channel can have a password and there can be one without for the leveling lowbies and such.

That's a wonderful idea! I'm going to look into the cost. I wonder if we can upgrade CSS's and just have everyone use that one? I don't think it can hold many people right now. Actually, I'm not sure how big we need it to be D:
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It would be better to just raise money to pay for a full year. If we did a 1 year sub instead of monthly, it'll be 144$. 40% saving plus it'll be a pay and forget it for a long time. Rather than come up with 20 a month by a certain deadline.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
id be down with throwing in some money to make a cho'gall community vent
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
It's exciting to see people taking interest in this vent idea! I think we have to ask around more to see if a lot of the Alliance will actually use it. I think it'd be neat and I'd be willing to contribute $ to make it happen too!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
The addon QQueing has a vent server for a ton of people. down side you get people that will roll in there and lagg you out or arabs try and play some funking music
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
The addon QQueing has a vent server for a ton of people. down side you get people that will roll in there and lagg you out or arabs try and play some funking music

seems legit
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Red team rules
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Red team rules

Red is the color of poop, I think :p

;)

Been asking around if people like the idea of a community vent..getting mixed feedback so far...

I'll probably just bug everyone I bump into about it this weekend. 8)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
GUILD LEADER meetings: basiccly all the guild leaders meet up to discuss things. For instance if a guild(insert guild name) wants to move to another server, the guild leaders could send members from respective guilds to bloster the guild( insertguild name) on said server by making alts on that server and raising that guild up.It would make it possible to organize things like gaint raids better.

[Vial of the Sands] weekend: basicly a full weekend of trying to get the recipe and getting the mount to as many people as possible in that weekend.

mount up weekend:basiclly the professions that can make mounts, try to get as many players the mounts as possible(similar to the vial of sands weekend)

rep week, basiclly 90's work together to get as many reps up to exalted as possible

power level week-2weeks: a level 90 groups up with a lowbie, and then tries to get them as high as possible in level,the pass it forward concept.

gear up week:you know all that useless gear you get while dungeon running, someone may want it , a random act of kindness can go a long way.

mmo exploring: we all know the feeling of not being able to afford a time card for wow. well this idea is about trying to find a mmo, that is free.(giving players options while theyt get enough money to afford a time card.

these are just my ideas i'm sharing
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]