Ideas to solve elemental shaman PVE

90 Troll Shaman
The major problem about elemental shaman dps is the lack of scaling from our secondary stats.

So after discussing with my elemental shaman friend, I've come up with two ideas that could fix this problem. But I don't know how this will reflect in pvp.

1- Allow lava burst to scale with crit, like chaos bolt. This will solve our crit scaling problem

2- Double the cast time of lava burst but also double the dammage it deal. This will solve our haste problem. But it will affect our mobility, but I'm ready to loose that in exchange to stop benching for the last heroic bosses. (this is not a buff for low geared shaman, but its a buff for good gear shaman that can cast lava burst in less then 0.6 seconds)

What do you guys think?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The major problem about elemental shaman dps is the lack of scaling from our secondary stats.

Blizzard remains unconvinced that scaling is a problem for any class (likely excluding fights like Primordius) per a somewhat recent tweet (month or two ago) by GC. The question he posed at the time was whether or not stat scaling alone could create a 5% damage gap between classes in a single tier. He stated at the time that they didn't see it as a problem implying that such gap creation from stat scaling simply does not exist (again outside of fights like Primordius.)

05/09/2013 09:48 AMPosted by Squix
1- Allow lava burst to scale with crit, like chaos bolt.

They've said they're open to the idea in the past, but we'll see what happens.

05/09/2013 09:48 AMPosted by Squix
2- Double the cast time of lava burst but also double the dammage it deal. This will solve our haste problem.

No. This eats pvp Elem, which already suffers from too much hard casting comparative to other pvp casters, alive. If you want to look at boosting haste scaling I'd look at Flame Shock and Searing Totem damage. Both scale with haste currently, and giving them large damage bumps would not only improve the power of haste scaling but also helps single-target pve damage without seriously impacting our already strong AoE so long as the shock cds remain untouched.
Edited by Gistwiki on 5/9/2013 10:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I still think that blizzard should add a glyph that double our cast time on lava burst but also double the damage. I know that mage add something similiar for their combustion glyph. So in pvp they can go without the glyph if they fear to be interrupted, or they can use it and fake cast to land an actually damaging bolt.

Even if they buff ours totems and flameshock, I won't fix my 0,50 sec cast time that ARE a huge dps lost. It limit our burst dmg that used to be one of the greatest in game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]