@ Horde Raiding.

100 Undead Warlock
It kinda sucks being on this realm. Not in the fact that exodar isn't a humble little home or anything, its just for raiding. Yes raiding.

Just looking it seems there only viable options are really none at all for someone who doesn't want to leave horde side and exodar at all. I think I'd just rather leave the game at that point honestly...

With DI the hunter, Gorgonites, c88, and last but not least BTDT(<3 drew) theres no real choice in doing much...for casual but yet progressive...not hardcore but still gets through normals and pretty happy with that.

Would anyone want to do something, non guild affiliated, for the remainder of 5.2-3 into 5.4 siege of org? Thats all I really want. Maybe 2 nights a week, casual, fun, happy with downing normals, can still look up strats bring consumables etc etc...

Anyone at all?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Why I went Alliance. The only side that had schedules that worked with me, and as crappy as this server is for raiders, I have made it my home.

If I didn't move all my toons over I would be up for something like this. I hope you find people. GL!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I feel like no longer having a 25 man raiding guild horde side is hurting us. it's next to impossible to buy crafting mats such as haunting spirits....which would be so nice to help prepare people to raid for a group such as the one you are talking about starting.

That being said, I would suggest to you hitting up above mentioned guilds for people who might want to do a little raiding on their alts. Depending on when you schedule the runs, if it does not coincide with our main runs, I bet a lot of my guildies might be interested.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Honestly, I gave up on it already. Everyone I asked wasn't interested and I'm not going to beat my head against the wall. I guess I'll shop around or shop around for a new realm. d:[
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Aweee =(

I'm feeling in the same boat as you though on Exodar. If anything happened to Crucial, I wouldn't be able to stay. I love raiding and there are very very few alternatives that make it hard to be picky.

I have done some personal research in the past few weeks and there are a few good realms for horde. Hyjal is supposed to be great for people who want to find a raid team as so many are recruiting. Not as overwhelming as area 52, but supposed to have a good population.

Sucks though man, I've been wanting to find a way to play my alts but pugs are dead dead dead on our side too =/
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
As someone who gave up the idea of raiding seriously a long time ago (I just can't commit my undivided attention for more than one night a week), I wonder why there is not more raiding happening now. There's rarely anyone looking for pugs. It seems like the raiding guilds are always looking for a player or two (on our side) to complete a team. I get people whispering me about our need for raiders and I have to tell them we are not progression oriented and only raid 2 hours a week...

Perhaps if more people came to the forums, there could be more connections made... I don't know.

We also used to get a lot more players leveling up, who would then leave to go raid. Where'd everybody go?

Or, do people just not want to put in the time to develop skill/gear/teams, etc... for actual raiding anymore? Does LFR satisfy a lot of those players who used to pug to raid?

I can say we're happy over here eating cupcakes, goofing off and dabbling in lots of stuff - this guild is the most active it's been in the time I've been here, even though (or perhaps because) we cut out all the dead weight and inactive players...

What's up, Exodar?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
This is the main reason I left. I have a very odd work schedule so I was no longer able to raid with a group on Exodar (since November '12) and wanted to still be able to raid. So I came to a server where I could pug ToT normals almost anytime of the day. Haven't went in yet, been trying to get the gear that most people want you to have for a pug, but plan on it this weekend.

I can still do other things (Lfr, Dungeons, bg's, questing, 5.0 raids) with any of my friends on Exodar thanks to CRZ though, so it's not too bad.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
There is a thread going on over in the Raid and Guild Leadership forum that makes it seem like the decrease in raiding guilds is not just an Exodar phenomenon.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8796521581
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
This is the main reason I left. I have a very odd work schedule so I was no longer able to raid with a group on Exodar (since November '12) and wanted to still be able to raid. So I came to a server where I could pug ToT normals almost anytime of the day. Haven't went in yet, been trying to get the gear that most people want you to have for a pug, but plan on it this weekend.

I can still do other things (Lfr, Dungeons, bg's, questing, 5.0 raids) with any of my friends on Exodar thanks to CRZ though, so it's not too bad.

AND IZ COW!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
There is a thread going on over in the Raid and Guild Leadership forum that makes it seem like the decrease in raiding guilds is not just an Exodar phenomenon.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8796521581

My former 2 servers are going through the same thing (servers that were strong in TBC and Wrath). They don't even fill a second page on wow progress now. All the more progressed guilds I remembered packed up and jumped ship to high pop servers.

Adding legendaries into lfr was a terrible idea, and now there is hardly any incentive to raid (unless you enjoy it). People just don't seem to care about it anymore =/

It's depressing because I know a lot of people who like to raid here will most likely jump ship at some point as well.
Edited by Vishtara on 5/18/2013 2:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Perhaps if more people came to the forums, there could be more connections made... I don't know.

AND IZ COW!

This is the reason people don't come and participate in any forum activity. Before coming to Exodar I played on Stonemaul (a now dead server), however the forums were always active and the it was a productive place to conduct business, whether it was for raiding/achievements/LFitems. However, since being on this server I've seen more trolls and, for lack of a better word, immature players who have nothing productive or meaningful to say or do. Granted, trolls are everywhere, but it seems as if the ratio is skewed in favor of trolls on Exodar.
Edited by Levictüs on 5/18/2013 2:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
05/18/2013 02:54 PMPosted by Levictüs
However, since being on this server I've seen more trolls and, for lack of a better word, immature players who have nothing productive or meaningful to say or do.

I don't head over to your side very often, but I'd say this is one of the least troll-filled servers I've been on. By trolls, I mean mean-spirited people bent on humiliating others or drawing attention to themselves. There are a few annoying people, but even they are remarkably harmless. And hey, on this forum any good-hearted goofiness is better than silence...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

AND IZ COW!

This is the reason people don't come and participate in any forum activity. Before coming to Exodar I played on Stonemaul (a now dead server), however the forums were always active and the it was a productive place to conduct business, whether it was for raiding/achievements/LFitems. However, since being on this server I've seen more trolls and, for lack of a better word, immature players who have nothing productive or meaningful to say or do. Granted, trolls are everywhere, but it seems as if the ratio is skewed in favor of trolls on Exodar.

If you are trying to imply that Behe is some sort of troll, or bad for the forums, then I'm sorry, but you are just dumb. Behe kept these forums active during times when hardly anyone would post. Some people ONLY came to the forums to see the quirky things Behe was doing. If anything we need more people like him.

I was actually talking to a friend (Dobb) last night and mentioned how Exodar is worse off now than in Cata because no one will do anything anymore. People would pug the current raids, do older raids all the time and such. There were also more progression guilds that actually downed stuff that people could join that weren't so critical of who they accepted, they'd at least try them out. In Mists, none of that happens anymore, and that's why people keep quitting or just don't do anything.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Ok, Horde side people are probably going to let out a collective groan here because I rant about this all the time, but the points brought up in this thread all point back to one giant mistake by Blizz...

KILLING OFF 25 MAN GUILDS.

There are just too many crappy, mediocre, short-lived, fly-by-night 10 mans. They pop up and are gone so quickly, they cannibalize each other. There aren't enough players to go around to keep all these guilds rosters healthy enough to raid. People change guilds like they change underwear.

I have been the recruiter (for the most part) for guilds I have been in over the course of 5 or 6 years, it used to be a case where guilds had their choice of applicants, everyone was looking for a spot to raid. Now it is a case where anyone can post that they are looking for a guild and are immediately swooped down on by 20 different dime a dozen 10 mans, where they proceed to join and stay for a month and then hop around again. With guilds being this disposable, there is no stability on any of the servers. People are not getting raiding experience, leveling alts etc. Server and guild hopping is rampant.

Perhaps I am just nostalgic for the good old days, but this LFR/guild hopping mentality is hurting every server.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Ok, Horde side people are probably going to let out a collective groan here because I rant about this all the time, but the points brought up in this thread all point back to one giant mistake by Blizz...

KILLING OFF 25 MAN GUILDS.

There are just too many crappy, mediocre, short-lived, fly-by-night 10 mans. They pop up and are gone so quickly, they cannibalize each other. There aren't enough players to go around to keep all these guilds rosters healthy enough to raid. People change guilds like they change underwear.

I have been the recruiter (for the most part) for guilds I have been in over the course of 5 or 6 years, it used to be a case where guilds had their choice of applicants, everyone was looking for a spot to raid. Now it is a case where anyone can post that they are looking for a guild and are immediately swooped down on by 20 different dime a dozen 10 mans, where they proceed to join and stay for a month and then hop around again. With guilds being this disposable, there is no stability on any of the servers. People are not getting raiding experience, leveling alts etc. Server and guild hopping is rampant.

Perhaps I am just nostalgic for the good old days, but this LFR/guild hopping mentality is hurting every server.

I actually agree with you 100%

More opportunity to pug and get to know your server/community when 25 mans offer better loot, as it gives incentive. There is no more need for 25's for pugs, because it's more trouble than it's worth. Can't get 25 people to raid because 22 showed up? Let's just go 10 for the night -.-

Would someone rather herd 10+ cats, or 2. And for what reason?

Any logical person would rather go 10m because it's less of a headache... and they're right.
Edited by Vishtara on 5/18/2013 10:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
25m guilds are far from dead. The whole thunderforged idea was an attempt by blizzard to give incentive for 25m raiding again. But seriously ALL the mana flask coverage was on blood legion and method. 10m coverage is paragon and paragon and paragon.

As I've said before it's the whole mentality that lfr has given players. Show up, then afk, then get loot. People get frustrated when they actually have to execute mechanics.

Personally I lack the real life time to dedicate to an alt run now or we would have one. I'm guessing that may change when we finish the tier but I can't devote more than 12 hours a week to raiding now.

And I'll also say having raided in hardcore 10 and 25m guilds I have had incredible time in this guild compared to the other hardcore 25s I've raided in. This group is so tight knit and everyone is on the same page. I wouldn't go back to 25m for any reason.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I honestly agree with everything on here, including lev with the behe stuff. I love you behemoth but if all I see iz kow frand then I tend to not need to check the forums.

I think you're looking at it from a completely different angle Wyld. The fact that your guild is able to raid and raid, quite efficiently, even in the small amounts of time you're able to raid now is the complete opposite for someone who may not even want to raid at that level. Where LFR is a viable option because it is the only option, and that has been coming down to hurt pugs and everything else. LFR is a great tool right now, only becasue it has effectively made itself that.

I think the problem with these straw guilds popping up is because there i just no where else to go. People on this realm would rather taunt and flame at others instead of helping people. I was always for helping people and trying to work with them. Its one of the reasons I got a group to 2600+ in RBGs in s9, just took rag tag people on server and went from there. I'm sure your progression races would be a lot more interesting Wyld, if you had some competition that was neck and neck with you.

What really needs to happen for this to be an exciting server is for some of the more established guilds to step up and take control of what is happening. If they say we're having a semi open recruitment for progression and make some foundation to build upon, I think people would be suprised at their results. Sure, things would suck at first and at times, but when hasn't raiding even not have some drama in it?

These "straw" guilds have a right to be here and a right to do whatever they want. They do not have the right to waste people's time and say ohhhh we're gonna do progression as soon as we can, because who knows, maybe the person they are talking to is the next great tank, healer, damage dealer, raid leader.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not saying lfr is bad by any means. I'm saying it has given people the ability to ignore boss mechanics that can not be ignored in normal mode raiding.

As far as open recruitment no guild is going to be willing to do that unless they are going from 10-25 and need an influx of players. Most 10m guilds have their set core they they not only enjoy playing with but are about the same skill of one another for the most part. They don't want to revamp their entire 10m because it's just not viable.

Here is an example: we run a 12-14 player roster. If we have a raider come in for a 2nd kill of a boss and anything changes we may wipe several times on it simply because of class/comp or lack of dps. This is incredibly frustrating when you know you have raider X who is going to come in and you could one to two shot the boss. If you have trials come in how long do you give them? How many mistakes do they get? (Keep in mind you Only get so much raiding time Per week) It's a really tedious process. Hopefully that makes sense.

Honestly I say if you want to raid apply to a guild and say this is what I'm looking for. I can out dps your players and just go with it. If we were restarting the guild I can guarantee it wouldn't be on this realm. Don't get me wrong I like a lot of people here but it's just not conducive for high end raiding. On illidan you can pug heroic tot. And just because you transfer doesn't mean you have to leave exodar behind. It's just one toon. Nothing to be ashamed of or worried about IMO
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
What really needs to happen for this to be an exciting server is for some of the more established guilds to step up and take control of what is happening. If they say we're having a semi open recruitment for progression and make some foundation to build upon, I think people would be suprised at their results.

Honestly, Rourky, I see your point and agree entirely with what you are saying; however, I just don't think people have the patience for it. Which points back to the disposable guild mentality. As someone who started a guild this tier when 88 went 10, despite the fact that I brought a few raiders from 88 with me, let me tell you, it has been brutal. We knew when we started that it would take the entire tier to establish ourselves and this tier would be terrible. We spent the first couple months of the tier without tanks, barely eeking out the first 8 bosses of Throne and going nowhere. The vast majority of WoW players these days wont hang around for that simply because there is no need to, it's just too easy to transfer to one of the million other crappy guilds who are bashing out a boss or 2 on heroic, but wont be around in 6 months. Or, for people who have never really raided, they join a guild that "INTENDS" to raid, but things never materialize so people just wind up doing LFR.

It just seems to me before LFR and back when 25 mans were the more meaningful content, the player base had more patience. WoW has become a game of "I want gear, and I want it now".

05/19/2013 04:06 AMPosted by Wyld
25m guilds are far from dead. The whole thunderforged idea was an attempt by blizzard to give incentive for 25m raiding again.

Have you heard the talk in hardcore 25 mans lately? You know me well enough to know that I have alts and friends in a lot of top end guilds, they feel 25 man hardcore raiders are a dying breed and recruiting is absolutely dismal.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
05/19/2013 09:10 AMPosted by Wyld
As far as open recruitment no guild is going to be willing to do that unless they are going from 10-25 and need an influx of players. Most 10m guilds have their set core they they not only enjoy playing with but are about the same skill of one another for the most part.

^^ This....it's a sad but 100% true statement.

We did not intend to be exclusive at the start for the sake of douchery. We just built with people we knew from previous tiers with good raid experience, and more importantly patience to hang out and wait to build a team. I looked more for experience and a trust factor than I did current gear in my recruiting...Now that we are on heroics, the roster is set. We are sitting with a raid roster of about 16 (various gear levels). We simply have no more room at this point.

It's a hard situation. I feel genuinely bad for people who want to raid on the server they call home, but just have no place to progress. I wish I knew how to fix it. It's conversations like this that make me begin to think that Blizz needs to combine servers or something.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]