CnD should not be nerfed so hard

90 Human Rogue
Just the range bought down to 20 yards. Atleast we could still stay in the range of a mage after blink. Just when I realized I needed to be using CnD, now I find out its f**k*d. Thanks Blizzard you suck.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
CnD is pretty dumb in its current state.
youll do fine without it, too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Yes, because I was doing so great with shadow step. Screw that.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
It had a higher up time than shadow step. Longer range than shadow steps. Work to well with sub spec. SO they should not nerf it?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
It had a higher up time than shadow step. Longer range than shadow steps. Work to well with sub spec. SO they should not nerf it?

We are a melee class and our hardest hitting abilities as a sub rogue (outside of eviscerate) all require that we be behind the player during a Shadow Dance. We are easily kited during ShD because of this. A one and done deal like Shadow Step is too unforgiving and not realistic in todays pvp environment. One mistake is all it takes and we are shut down.

In the 8 second window of Shadow Dance I can't enumerate how many times I've been feared, death gripped, cc'd, etc. Players have addons that let them know exactly when we pop ShD which compounds matters worse.

The nerf to C&D to not allow acessibility whatsoever during ShD is too much, there has to be a better solution than that. Some sort of compromise needs to be made to at least let C&D be able for maybe 2 teleports during a ShD. That or maybe only Ambush would be available during ShD for C&D.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
That is a much better solution. Keep the range at 30 yds, 2-3 teleports available, but only when In shadow dance. In regular stealth no limit. Or even nerf the range a little.
Edited by Siickxshotz on 5/10/2013 6:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
The issue with CnD is that it is a talent that so heavily favors one spec over the others. Sub was already the prefered pvp spec before 5.2 and then they add a talent that makes sub so much better but is practically useless to the other 2 specs. This went completely against what their aim was regarding rogue pvp when the were first designing the talent system (they wanted our specs to be more even in pvp instead of a single spec being so dominant).

I would imagine that that's the main reason for the nerf, to bring the talent even across all specs. The problem though is that it's so lackluster compared to the other choices otherwise. Ultimately they'll probably end up just removing CnD entirely at some point and replace it with something else that's hopefully useful for all the specs while able to compete with (without completely overshadowing) sstep/bos.

Perhaps a bit of a re-take on CnD but designed to work with all 3 specs, maybe it makes it so that during Dance/AR/Vendetta you're able to teleport behind your target (being tied to the active cd, rather than to specific abilities). With either an internal cd to prevent it from being as strong as CnD is now, or maybe have the teleports work on a timer (sort of like a tick based on the cd duration). Though I don't know if that wouldn't be too strong to overshadow sstep/bos too much.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Yes, because I was doing so great with shadow step. Screw that.

BoS master-race, reporting in
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]