8 million people.

100 Night Elf Warrior
That's how many people are still playing this game. Tell me, what MMORPG is 8-9 years old that still has a sub and the player base that WoW has?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I have to say, although I agree with you, all these threads about the sub report are getting annoying.
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock
I have to say, although I agree with you, all these threads about the sub report are getting annoying.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
I apologise. I just don't like seeing freak out over minor losses.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Also its not the fact we have 8 mill left, its the fact 1.3 are gone in 3 months, and that its going for another 1.3 million+ gone in the next 3 months. Which if you think about it wont leave us with too many subs left in the coming year and a bit.
Edited by Iliftweights on 5/10/2013 3:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's usually not a good sign when you lose 14% of your subscribers. They are more than likely concerned.

When the majority of that 14% weren't paying subscribers and your net profit actually went up for the quarter, I'd say concern isn't piqued.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
That's how many people are still playing this game. Tell me, what MMORPG is 8-9 years old that still has a sub and the player base that WoW has?
what Blizzard has done keeping WoW going for 9 years is nothing short of amazing. That doesn't mean there aren't areas for improvement when subscription drop 1.3 million in a single quarter.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/10/2013 03:30 PMPosted by Roahin
It's usually not a good sign when you lose 14% of your subscribers. They are more than likely concerned.

When the majority of that 14% weren't paying subscribers and your net profit actually went up for the quarter, I'd say concern isn't piqued.
Profit is up overall sure, but wow profit is down.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
05/10/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Overture
I apologise. I just don't like seeing freak out over minor losses.

Again, I agree. But this place has a habit of attracting people who only wish to whine.
what Blizzard has done keeping WoW going for 9 years is nothing short of amazing. That doesn't mean there aren't areas for improvement when subscription drop 1.3 million in a single quarter.

Anything and everything could be improved.
Edited by Anstyce on 5/10/2013 3:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Death Knight
Let us sit upon the grass and tell sad stories of the death of kings.
Reply Quote
23 Human Warlock
While I couldn't care less about unsubbing threads and would prefer not to see them, it's not about how many subs WoW has for them, it's about how many they're losing.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
why do you want to know?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
05/10/2013 03:30 PMPosted by Roahin

Thank god for transfer fees!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I really don't know why people are latching onto subs as a signifier of WoW's greatness. Most people who suffer from nostalgia-itis believe WoW was at it's best in Vanilla when it had relatively low subs in comparison to BC and WOTLK.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
SOURCE?

...the quarterly report? They specifically stated that the vast majority of subscription losses were in the Asian markets where people don't pay subscription fees.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
SOURCE? Don't try to snow me.

I'm too important to go hunting for the quarterly report, but link it up here and I'll highlight the relevant areas for you. Otherwise, you were properly sourced by being told it was in the quarterly report.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]