8 million people.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/11/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Roahin
I took a break, went to raid, slept 8 hours and Roahin is still here talking nonsense? Jeez he wants to be MVP badly lol.

Awww, Calathiel. Don't cry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFBCA

LOL! That video crit me for 500K hahahahahahahahahaha
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Req
I took a break, went to raid, slept 8 hours and Roahin is still here talking nonsense? Jeez he wants to be MVP badly lol.

Not saying all the information being spread is correct by Roa, but you need to stop pulling this MVP crap out of your backside if you want to make a valid argument.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
05/11/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Calathiel

Aion is WoW's next-closest competitor in the paid-subscription-based MMO market. It has 2.5 million playrs, compared to WoW's 8.3 million. They could literally lose half their playerbase tomorrow and still be over twice as successful as the guy in second place.

And this game's been going on for nearly ten years. We're FAR from dead.

Again, NOBODY in this thread is saying wow is dead, run for your lives.

Yeah, but people panicking saying how dreadful a blow it is to the game and how much this will damage WoW's continued success are also blowing things out of line as well.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
05/11/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Roahin
Dozens of posts about low population servers with you constantly spamming other threads about free transfers and merged realms.

Know how I know you don't actually read anything I write?

Seriously, is there a second note to the tune of you?

If you're that upset at your inability to read anything more complex than "See Spot run" you could always just put me on ignore.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/11/2013 01:11 PMPosted by Splixer

Not saying all the information being spread is correct by Roa, but you need to stop pulling this MVP crap out of your backside if you want to make a valid argument.

I already made my valid arguments and had my discussions with Roahin. Alas we didn't particularly agree but that's the forums.

I assume he has a sense of humor for you need it to be here in the forums.
And to prove my point, he does as he posted a retarded video in response to my comment.
I laughed. I don't see how this affects you lol.

However if you want to get on the troll train, be ready to take flak. lol
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Yeah, but people panicking saying how dreadful a blow it is to the game and how much this will damage WoW's continued success are also blowing things out of line as well.

WoW is not in danger of being turned off tomorrow because of this report. The only people dumb enough to even attempt to push that sort of asinine argument are those who are wanting to completely ignore the future ramifications of what this sort of decline will have on the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/11/2013 01:18 PMPosted by Bomdanil

WoW is not in danger of being turned off tomorrow because of this report. The only people dumb enough to even attempt to push that sort of asinine argument are those who are wanting to completely ignore the future ramifications of what this sort of decline will have on the game.

Pretty much this.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Blizzard should start panicking soon. If they lost 1.3 million subscribers in 3 months, imagine how much they will lose in 1 whole year.

Now i know they said that the asian player base was to blame, but if you look at servers in US, most of them are dying or very low pop. Also to maybe hide publicity, they don't want people to know it's really americans quitting ?

i don't know. I just know that wow is bleeding out subscribers, and blizzard knows this. What they have in store is unknown.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
@Deathrattles. the source is Yahoo games site PLUGGED IN. Blog title.
(World of Warcraft loses 1.3 million players in three months). and yes its kind of a big deal because the news of this cause Activision stock to take a 5% drop according to the article. Reason why that numbe is so important is Activision is the parent company to Blaizzard...I.E bigger so a 5% loss from Activison versus a 5% loss at blizzard is a big differnce in actual money.

Vivendi Entertainment is the parent company of both Activision and Blizzard. They are grouped in a holding company called ActivisionBlizzard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activision_Blizzard
Reply Quote
93 Tauren Druid
05/10/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Overture
I have to say, although I agree with you, all these threads about the sub report are getting annoying.
I apologise. I just don't like seeing freak out over minor losses.

Losing around 13% of your player base isn't a small amount. 13% is big in business. People are looking at the number and not the percentages.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
That's how many people are still playing this game. Tell me, what MMORPG is 8-9 years old that still has a sub and the player base that WoW has?

You do realize all the loss is from Asia, where people will subscribe when there's new content, then unsubscribe when they're done? Also, the MMO market is much larger in AS, so it's no wonder that some players hop on other ones when they finish current content. Huge competition over there for MMOs.

Also, net income is up. Blizz is fiiiiiiiiiiiine.
Reply Quote
32 Human Monk
05/10/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Overture
I have to say, although I agree with you, all these threads about the sub report are getting annoying.
I apologise. I just don't like seeing freak out over minor losses.

How by any stretch of the imagination is a million less players in three months a minor loss? Keep in mind blizzard more than a million people unsubbed, but gaining new subscribers balanced it out at 8mill. If Blizzard keeps losing subs at this rate the game will be at 5mill by the end of the year. Minor loss? Hardly.

What other mmorpgs could actually give WoW competition?

Maybe not a single mmo giving wow competition, but many. Death by a thousand cuts.
Edited by Senger on 5/11/2013 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]