Interguild Recruitment

90 Human Monk
Edit: Recruitment thread created: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8796451297
Edit: Subreddit created for anyone who wishes to create guides, as discussed later in this thread. The Subreddit is "r/dentarg" (http://www.reddit.com/r/dentarg/).

So, I have talked with and raided with a few different groups here on Dentarg (Both on my druid, Mäera, in Tier 13 and on my hunter, Keirse, in Tiers 14 and 15) and the consistent problem that I note (and likely one that many of you have noted) is that there is a large amount of trouble with picking up new and temporary raiders for content. There are a few groups that come together with energetic leaders who take most of their people from trade and manage to get a few bosses down but have a hard time holding onto people for a long period of time. More often than those groups are guild groups who try to find people for nearly an hour at a time (in some cases) and get nary a response.

My question is, then, is why don't we try to do something about it? Not on an individual basis but on an institutional one. Dentarg has a fair number of guilds who do fairly well, but could probably be doing better; certainly within many of these guilds there are people who are not only interested in raiding but are able and willing to do so, however they lack the opportunities within their own guild for one reason or another, be it raid times that don't line up or a simple lack of space. Can we not communicate with one another to possibly help not only those people who want to raid but cannot (or who wish to raid more but don't know where to start or who to talk to), but also those guilds who are struggling to fill all their spots some nights?

Those who know me (or my paladin, Isesé) will know that I've been here for awhile and have never truly believed that this sever is "terrible" as so many people seem right to call it. I honestly believe that here, on this server, is the makings of several strong guilds who could do well together if provided the opportunity. I've said before and I will say again, a good server starts with a good community, and a good community requires effort. We have had a few strong guilds (eg. imho, Sepsis, We Got This [I'm biased on that one], and The Hordehound Gang [Some muddled history but still strong]) and I know that there is room for more strong guilds in the future, provided we work at it a bit.

Where shall we start?
Edited by Shiá on 5/15/2013 3:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Hmm I was thinking we maybe can make a forum thread for any raider that either on a team or welling to raid at cretin times

Example

Name: (The post should be by the toon you are welling to raid by for easier armory access. )
Class/spec: (Tank/Healer/Dps)
Raid( Which raid are you welling to do)
Availability( Mon-Fri x pm till x am )
Experience:(Any Experience about the raid you are welling to do for this week.)

Having such a thread would be a great access point for most of the raiders. Something to be aware of Isese, sadly the majority of Dentarg people don't access or don't even know that forums exist so if the guild encourage visiting the forums for the imaginary mercenaries thread that would be a great step. I got many ideas of how to build such a tread if you think its an idea that would work let me know and we might could manage to make it into something that might bring life to Dentarg.

Excuse my lack of grammar, am an ESL and I might made couple mistakes in the post, but hope my idea went through.

Lamp
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
good idea lampo...

if throne of thunder was cross server we could use openraid.com to pug and fill in the available spots in raid groups..theres plenty of options but in all honesty its not a realm or server issue its and expansion issue...

what i mean by this is...blizz have lost millions of players accross the whole game. Mop is not as good as the cata expac and alot of people have quit the game due to this and dailies...Dailies is the killer of wow..Rep should be account wide and no one wants to do the same thing day in day out on every toon they have its insane...

bassically i believe the game is coming to an end and blizz is trying to screw every last cent out of its players before ending the game altogether...they know theres a serious issue but yet they do not fix it..
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Of course you guys do this after I leave.
Edited by Koommss on 5/12/2013 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
what i mean by this is...blizz have lost millions of players accross the whole game. Mop is not as good as the cata expac and alot of people have quit the game due to this and dailies...Dailies is the killer of wow..Rep should be account wide and no one wants to do the same thing day in day out on every toon they have its insane...
However, we're not talking about reputation and other failings of this particular expansion. The raiding scene has felt fairly dry this expansion, though it's somewhat active on OpenRaid and other other servers. I will have to disagree with your assertion about dailies, as over the past few months they have became all but irrelevant (this character geared up with only one rep item from pre-5.2; only have to get 50 lesser tokens, and with a large selection of dailies the grind to get said tokens is not terrible demanding).

and blizz is trying to screw every last cent out of its players before ending the game altogether
Please, no blind accusations here. I'd like this to be a discussion about how we can get our community to get together and get content down.

@Lamp: Tis a place to start, though some guilds who don't advertise much or who don't visit the forums may have trouble seeing content such as this. However, I could see players listing interests in posts with a master post acting as a directory. Example... (Significant alts meaning alts who have progress greater than the one you are posting on/for)

Example Master Post (Spacing all messed up...):
[F] [-Name-] [Role] [Raid] [ T15 ] [ T14 ] [ - Times - ] [-Sig Alts-]
A Keirse RDPS T15 1/13h 3/16h Mo-Th: 8pm+ Isesé/Shiá

Example User Post:
Character: Keirse (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dentarg/Keirse/advanced)
Class, Role (ilvl): Survival Hunter, Ranged DPS (489)
Content Interested In: Throne of Thunder (Normal)
Experience (T14): 3/16h (Pulls on Heroic Elegon)
Experience (T15): 11/12n + 1/13h (Pulls on 12/12n, 2/13h + 4/13h)
Availability: Not Friday - Sunday; Not before 8pm EST.
Contact Info: Shiá - Dentarg (A), Isese#1849
Significant Alts: Isesé/Shiá

There could be a separate master post for guilds.

Having such a thread would be a great access point for most of the raiders. Something to be aware of Isese, sadly the majority of Dentarg people don't access or don't even know that forums exist so if the guild encourage visiting the forums for the imaginary mercenaries thread that would be a great step. I got many ideas of how to build such a tread if you think its an idea that would work let me know and we might could manage to make it into something that might bring life to Dentarg.
And certainly, I can always get in touch with you so you'd be the first person I'd talk to. Indeed, though, guilds would likely need to encourage participation for it to really get off the ground.
Edited by Shiá on 5/12/2013 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
OK i still believe that we need quality players on dentarg rather then quantity. Because if u wanna pass first boss u need a minimum of knowledge.
So if anyone intersted i can help with DK rotation, gems, addons .....
I only played it for 107 days 6 hours 54 minutes and 41 seconds lol + former sepsis member (just to make my self legit teacher :p )
Plus i can also explain for resto druids.

And i can provide some explanation on about how to act in raids and explain some fights cuz i know ppl re lazy to watch videos and like more action.

Everyone has a potential but a limit (like me in some raid fights) but hard work and reading makes the experience better so player should not only rely on other they hve to work as well.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I like the ideas presented here a lot. Just speaking from what I know about our guild, we've only retained maybe 8-10 raiders (keep in mind we only do 25-man) since the expansion launched. We've lost raiders for a variety of reasons (burn out, real-life, unhappy with our progression rate), and finding competent replacements has been really hit or miss.

Some of the issues with new folks is that they're just not up to par with understanding their class, so I think it's a really cool idea to have individuals like Coldsunshine help out others who want to learn. I think that's a step in the right direction to improving the raid environment here. Not saying we should "carry" anyone through a raid, but every new competent raider is another spot that can be pugged/recruited.

The server directory is great too. There are several in our guild with alts (I don't know how geared) that would love to raid more, so that would certainly give them something to do on our off-nights (we raid Mon, Tues, and Thurs). I will say we would rather fill a spot with a competent guild member (as I'm sure any guild would), but knowing there are well performing individuals available on a given night would be great. I think it would also nudge raiders to really push their performance (speaking for our guild at least).

We've only raided with a few of y'all in recent times (Isese most recently) and we're really grateful for all the insights that y'all provide us for raids mechanics/class mechanics. I think there was a thread similar to this before, but a running thread for raid/class tips, specific for fights, would be great too.

Hope this takes off. I've made lots of good friend here (guild and server) and I would love to see it be successful!
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
Of course you guys do this after I leave.

Have you mingled with Swifty yet?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think this is a great idea. I used to raid a ton during Cata, on all my toons, then I took a break when MoP dropped for about three months and came back really far behind.

I enjoy raiding but haven't raided at all during MoP, can barely make myself do LFR, mainly because it came down to "what's the point"? I can't commit to a time or day were I could be there.

If something like this were to get set in place, I might actually be motivated to log in and play more often and work on gearing up. I know several people that would love to raid, but can't commit to a date/time.

If this gets off the ground and some support, I'm all in. I've been told I'm a pretty good feral and a decent off tank. Anywhoo...Good luck with it!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
05/13/2013 07:03 PMPosted by Kelsquicker
pretty good feral and a decent off tank.

Understatement of the century <3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Character: Nymphomatic (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dentarg/Nymphomatic/advanced)
Class, Role (ilvl): Destro Lock, Ranged DPS (492)
Content Interested In: Throne of Thunder (Normal)
Experience (T14): 3/16h (Pulls on Heroic Elegon)
Experience (T15): 5/12n (Pulls on 6/12n)
Availability: Not Friday - Sunday
Contact Info: Killalette - Dentarg (A), Twiztidaxe#1531
Significant Alts: Nymphomatic/Evilspawn

Character: Evilspawn (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dentarg/Evilspawn/advanced)
Class, Role : Holy Pally
Content Interested In: PVP
Availability: Anytime
Contact Info: Killalette - Dentarg (A), Twiztidaxe#1531
Significant Alts: Nymphomatic/Evilspawn

That is all :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
05/14/2013 05:08 AMPosted by Killalette
Nymphomatic
/headthwap It was an exaaaaaample! ;[

Thus far, I have read all of your posts. But I'm tired, and going to take a nap. I really need to stop staying up until noon, then passing out till 8pm. I'll update this post with a coherent (well, as coherent as I can be, at least) sometime soon (TM).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
how is that relevant to the thread?

just saying lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Lol ;)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Another idea might be useful, maybe opening Dentarg couching thread? I know many people are welling to share their Experiences, and sadly not all of us here had the opportunity or a lead to where he or she can start improving.

What's in my head is Having a thread that is updated on request of anyone whom welling to couch.
Example:

Am welling to couch mages in Dentarg pve wise on any of the three specs
Then post a Btag ID and people whom welling to be couched can invite these people. You do have the option to type to the person you are inviting, so you can type Hi my name is x my toon name is and I request couching. The couch has the option of accepting or rejecting couching and can accept the invitation. Not anyone would be allowed to couch, unless you have proven solidness whither its raiding exp, or WoL link of being ranked at any fight and some requirements.

I know am myself welling to teach anyone at any time, and there are many people in Dentarg that are welling to do the same.

Please let me know if anyone interested in starting such a thread. Thank you

Lamp
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Btw This post are for both Alliance and Horde so feel free to discuss what need to be done, I know many alliance has horde alts and so are the horde and we all share the same goal which making Dentarg a better place to play in. Not all of us can afford moving toons to another realm, so the least we can do is building Dentarg together.

Edit: Spelling :3
Edited by Lámpetia on 5/14/2013 2:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
05/14/2013 01:18 PMPosted by Lámpetia
What's in my head is Having a thread that is updated on request of anyone whom welling to couch.
One thing I am wondering is what specific type of criteria would be best used to having people coach for specific classes and roles. There is a diverse population, some of whom may be extraordinarily skilled but have yet to raid due to various situations but who may still pull competitive damage (or healing or tanky stuff etc.). Some of these people might not have logs, nor might some raiders. Suggesting the use of logs is an alright idea, but there is only a very limited population who may actually enter those rankings (conservative 200k per spec means that only the top 0.125% of players will rank, roughly).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I don't think coaching is necessarily the correct term, or that having restrictions about who can do so is the right way about it, but I think Lamp's suggestion is great.

For example, I don't claim to be a great disc priest. But, I know there are certain tips and tricks that an effective disc priest should do to be at least an above average healer. For someone who's new to the spec and class, it would at the least be a start in the right direction. If a much better disc priest came and offered a better suggestion, then obviously it would make sense to defer to their advice. A B-level player can still offer decent insights though to a new person though.

Potanks gave me lots of great advice the few times I raided with him, and I've been really happy that I could pass that advice on to other fellow disc priests.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I don't think coaching is necessarily the correct term, or that having restrictions about who can do so is the right way about it, but I think Lamp's suggestion is great.
You make a convincing argument, so I will certainly have to agree. Sometimes the most insightful piece of information does not come from the top 1% of players.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]