Interguild Recruitment

90 Troll Mage
I have to agree with your point Toleros, but I was just afraid ( even though its a sketch idea ) to put people in a spot they shouldn't be into or the lack of knowledge might drag the idea into the negative side. But its true tips can be made here and there, and you don't need to be from to give a good advice.

As mentioned it's a sketch that can be made in more well organized way.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
05/14/2013 02:49 PMPosted by Shiá
One thing I am wondering is what specific type of criteria would be best used to having people coach for specific classes and roles.

Would be at some specific spots and bases, when I look into someones armory of a class I have no clue how to play by I look into details that matters compared to other classes and how do they build their classes.

Example:
I know Frost mages stack haste then crit to the cap of 26.25% then the rest to the mastery if I see a mage with the same build I would assume this mage knows how to build that spec
Then I would look into the gems enchants etc trying to break that person toon into pieces following a guide for the class and what must be done ( Such as Icy veins, manaflask, or method).

05/14/2013 02:49 PMPosted by Shiá
some of whom may be extraordinarily skilled but have yet to raid due to various situations but who may still pull competitive damage (or healing or tanky stuff etc.).

The build of the thread I was thinking of was mostly a page that has Names Btags and what class to ask as trusted source of info, I might have been bit harsh writing only 2 requirements, but mostly my point is to spread the knowledge that you have Toleros and you mentioned earlier that you don't need to be top raider to pass a tip while my goal was mostly having a full trusted people that knows their class pretty well at many aspects (Gearing, rotation, mechanics.. etc ) Which I was mostly presented the point of having a requirement.

Suggesting the use of logs is an alright idea, but there is only a very limited population who may actually enter those rankings (conservative 200k per spec means that only the top 0.125% of players will rank, roughly).

True Ranking might be asking too much in our realm in its current status, though we still can use WoL to figure out many things skill wise.

One more thing these all are ideas being put on the table to be think of and improved by suggesting, hoping at some point it would build into something in the future. Please spread the word and ideas, show your support and help us /Mass Raise Dentarg.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I love each of the suggestions posted here. You've got my support and any help that I may be able to contribute. Here is my personal suggestion is this:

In each person, we find ourselves to some percent successful. Then we ask ourselves what did WE do to make ourselves successful? Websites? Tutorials? Strat Guides? High-Ranked-Comparisons? Being thrown in and told to swim?

ALL of these have been useful to someone in some way or another. And I think what we could do is to create a community, (like that of icy-veins or Method) that doesn't only function a specific guild, but gives helpful info to anyone on the entire realm. Kind of a "by the people, for the people".

Whether it is fashioned into a collective website or a sticky forum thread, I say we have places where potential raiders (skilled, unskilled, curious) can go.
~~ A thread or sub-link for members who are interested in raiding to post their info, so that guilds and pugs can scope those interested prior to raiding (which saves time come raid nights).
~~ A thread or sub-link for guild recruitment that includes all info that is normally spamming trade.
~~ A thread or sub-link for tips and tricks on how to play classes and specs where (most) anyone can contribute, if not discuss, the pros and cons of pushing which buttons and which times and such. Allowing those willing to coach to drop their contact information, and those learning to SEEK help should they desire it.
~~ A thread or sub-link for strat guides in both PvE and PvP.

While the above is only scratching the surface, It has the potential to rapidly expand, where instead of clogging the forums, or trade and guild chat with "Come to Dentarg Before we have to Pull Out the Goblin Jumper Cables" posts, or a thousand websites of everyone ELSES tips and tricks, we can simply refer them to a single link, Dentarg's link. We can build our community, recruit, teach, and learn.

Kal
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
That's another good idea Kal. Personally, I'd love a server web site, but sticky threads wouldn't be so bad either.

Jumping on that recruitment idea, perhaps we could also use these "advice" threads to attract off-server individuals if they see that the our community as a whole is friendly and goal-oriented toward improving not only ourselves, but the server. Wishful thinking at least! :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
True Ranking might be asking too much in our realm in its current status, though we still can use WoL to figure out many things skill wise.

Yeah, we've actually been using WoL to compare our current raiders performance to top performers (like skill use breakdown for example). I came across a web site where you can actually input parses, and it will put it in a nice spreadsheet for you to compare performances (http://raidbots.com/comparebot/).
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I'm willing to help with Prot Pally/Prot Warr/Blood DK/Mage/Warlock. Played all of them at a high level in MoP, and dentarg is my second home.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
While the above is only scratching the surface, It has the potential to rapidly expand, where instead of clogging the forums, or trade and guild chat with "Come to Dentarg Before we have to Pull Out the Goblin Jumper Cables" posts, or a thousand websites of everyone ELSES tips and tricks, we can simply refer them to a single link, Dentarg's link. We can build our community, recruit, teach, and learn.
One thing that I am concerned about is with this sort of idea would be the method of presentation. A forum post here alone would be hard to keep up to date; with people with various backgrounds in all different classes and specs contributing, a single person compiling into one thread might be difficult. Instead, a dedicated forum with people handling moderating themselves and their own threads may be the most helpful.

Hrmh... *taps chin*

Edit: Something to try... http://www.reddit.com/r/dentarg/
Edited by Shiá on 5/14/2013 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Edit: Something to try... http://www.reddit.com/r/dentarg/

Subscribed!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Subscribed!
It's a first step and it's there now for anyone to use if they want to give it a shot. At some point I might try to put up a guide of my own, but not right now; I'm sure there are more qualified people around anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
05/15/2013 03:35 AMPosted by Shiá
Subscribed!
It's a first step and it's there now for anyone to use if they want to give it a shot. At some point I might try to put up a guide of my own, but not right now; I'm sure there are more qualified people around anyway.

Temporarily privatizing the subreddit; however, I can at the moment provide you with a little sneak peek of things to come, partly from my smashing my hands on the keyboard (as well as a fellow member of your community doing far more intelligent things with a keyboard): http://goo.gl/gt754

Yes, I know the image quality is bleh, but that's .jpg for you. I hope we can show the community what we have soon(ish), though having some people interested in a little writing would be very helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Of course you guys do this after I leave.

^^^^^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]