good job fixing rbg exploiting, guys!

62 Blood Elf Death Knight
They only ever fixed one way of doing it.
Reply Quote
25 Human Mage
They only ever fixed one way of doing it.

"THEREFORE IT IS FIXED AND NOBODY IS POSSIBLY USING ANOTHER WAY TO EXPLOIT."

Fantastic logic Blizzard
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
But they closed the Bifröst! There can be no other way!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
There was a blue tweet that went something the along the lines, paraphrasing: "We hadn't realized there was a problem until the ladder corruption was already out of control."

Yep, don't know how to navigate their own website, none of the devs rbg or arena, and I guess they figured 2950 CR with a negative win/loss ratio was legit.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Ya win trading is just ridiculous at this point, I saw a stat somewhere that said less than 2% of the top rbg teams did it legit.

Not sure if that stat was accurate, but seems likely to me.

The good news is, in 5.3 no more win trading! Since 2.2k means no more better gear, there will be no, or at least greatly diminished, reason to win trade.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
..I fail to see how this is any different than people arranging 3-9 way ties in 3s/5s.

Please, spare us all the hollow bravado and stop acting as though Arena is some pure construct of skill and competition.

It's just as - if not far more - bent than RBGs have ever been.
Edited by Maênad on 5/14/2013 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Ya win trading is just ridiculous at this point, I saw a stat somewhere that said less than 2% of the top rbg teams did it legit.

Not sure if that stat was accurate, but seems likely to me.

The good news is, in 5.3 no more win trading! Since 2.2k means no more better gear, there will be no, or at least greatly diminished, reason to win trade.

I thought this would be the case, but in the end, there is still going to be a lot of win traders as long as conquest is linked to rating, as well as titles, and prestige associated with this ratings.

Honestly makes me sick/sad to see rbgs go to !@#$. hit 2280 s11 and had wanted to push higher once my job/life settled down. now there is 0 reason to get high warlord. means nothing because the majority of the people who have it, cheated. s11, every 2200+ team was familiar if you played enough. You would see the same guys outside of the few carries going on. Now, every other person posting in trade on tich for rbgs hit 2200+ last season and they are completely cluless. The amount of players i see with 2200-2400 exp from Dec. 24th 2012 to about Jan. 21st 2013 is staggering. Its insane how inflated ratings got.

The fact blizzard made note of this and still havn't fixed the problem is beyond me. Blizzard worked so hard to punish the top tier raiding guilds but pages and pages of players on the rbg ladder go completely unscathed. Makes no sense.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
It honestly feels like they're never going to do anything to pander to "tradition" - As the ladders in both RBG's and arenas go to hell.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
To stop wintrading this bad, we could just you know... Get rid of RBGS?
Reply Quote
The issue won't ever get fixed nor blizzard has the drive to fix it. They can say what they say and it will never have meaning. They are so focused on PvE that PvP is taking the back door of changes. The mere fact they are making PvE gear better than PvP gear is reasons they are not caring about PvP subscribers or forcing PvP'rs to raid.

Sadly, most PvP'rs will just plain quit cause most just don't have time are just plain tired of no PvP attention.

It's a PvE game so it's that time to /unsubscribe.

Note: I want to join the egging.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
but in the end, there is still going to be a lot of win traders as long as conquest is linked to rating, as well as titles, and prestige associated with this ratings.

Yes, it will still happen, but nothing close to the scale it is now. The only reason to win trade after 5.3 would be for a higher cap and some titles. Whereas now you get an entire new tier of gear from win trading, plus the higher cap and titles.

They are removing the largest incentive to win trade. Sure there will still be those who want that title or conq gear a bit quicker. But for the vast majority of current win traders, the benefits won't outweigh the risks of getting caught (I hope). Whereas now it does, that T2 weapon was a game changer, slightly faster gearing and titles aren't worth a ban in most players eyes.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
To stop wintrading this bad, we could just you know... Get rid of RBGS?

Or maybe make it equal with Arenas, or remove the rewards associated with it.
Reply Quote
25 Human Mage
Whereas now it does, that T2 weapon was a game changer, slightly faster gearing and titles aren't worth a ban in most players eyes.

While that is true, I feel the titles are now completely worthless...and since gear isn't a concern anymore...why even bother with RBG's other than just playing them for the heck of it? Sure they are fun in their own right...but god there is little incentive outside of that. The thought of having to pug with these so called '2400 all-stars' is just disheartening. Too much nerd-raging and @%%!%#!# measuring for me sadly.

I felt pretty bawws in s11 walking around with my general title(regardless of what people thought about it, for me it was an accomplishment). Now 2400 is like the new 2200...except thanks to inflation, you have players who were stuck in the 1800-2k range being able to achieve that with relative ease. There's nothing wrong with inflation itself, but the fact that it stems from excessive win-trading and not an increased density in skill as you move up the rungs of the RBG ladder is just disgusting.

Competition and prestige are usually the two main cohesive forces that bind people together to play a competitive sport. If you take away the prestige with free titles for exploiting, which severely diminishes competition as a side effect...you wonder if Blizzard was actually trying to !@#$ over a nice system on purpose. I mean, they obviously wouldn't want to...but come on lol >.>...
Reply Quote
25 Human Mage
Or maybe make it equal with Arenas, or remove the rewards associated with it.

As far as the conquest cap goes...the removal of item upgrades and T2 gear is a pretty good at equalizing the rewards between arena's and RBG's. The main reason people hated RBG's was because you would get an actual advantage in arena's with your T2.

With the removal of T2, it only seems fair that if you take the extra time to find more players, you get a bigger cap. Sure, you're getting an advantage, but overtime (like with a difference of what? 3-4 weeks), the arena players will catch up with you.

Besides, being behind 3-4 pieces isn't game-breaking and the seasons last for a good 6 months....so there's no excuse for not being fully geared through arena's well before the season ends unless you started late...and if you started late, that's on you.

As far as rewards go? See post above...
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I suspect if you took a poll, most people would say all forms of pvp ratings are more corrupted now than ever before.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]