Macro Review / Advice (Rogue)

90 Worgen Rogue
Hi Everyone,

I've been playing without macros for months without realizing the utility they can offer. Recently I've looked through several rogue macro guides and I found a lot of useful looking macros.

1) Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve the ones I listed below?

Stealth
/Run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
#showtooltip
/cast [nocombat] !Stealth

Envenom/Rupture
#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast [mod:shift] Rupture; Envenom

FoK
#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Fan of Knives

Vendetta & Shadow Blades
#showtooltip
/castsequence Vendetta, Shadow Blades

ToT
#showtooltip
/cast [@focus, help, nodead]; Tricks of the Trade; [@targettarget, help, nodead] Tricks of the Trade; Tricks of the Trade

Sap
#showtooltip
/cleartarget
/targetenemyplayer
/cast Sap
/say %t is SAPPED! Please Don't Attack!

Blind
#showtooltip
/cast Blind
/say %t is BLINDED. Please Don't Attack!

Sap & Pickpocket
#showtooltip
/cleartarget
/targetenemy
/castsequence Sap, Pick Pocket

3)Does anyone know of a macro that would allow me spam mutilate and also use dispatch when it procs or targets health drops below 35% ?

2)Are there any assassination macros that I missed?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Well you could maybe shorten some of them though it wouldn't change their functionality any. Can you be more specific in what you'd like improved?

As for health, macros can't cast based on health/resource levels. You can have an announcement by an addon remind you that target is below 35% and you should cast dispatch too but it can't be done automatically for you.

I've seen many use only few macros, and then some use entire macro menu and run out of space and get more via addons. It depends lol. Try:
http://www.wowpedia.org/Useful_macros_for_rogues
though I would say you'll find more useful stuff at rogue class forum. This is more of a board to recommend you how to write stuff syntax wise, not what's good in particular for your class.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
@Sedivy - Ok. Thanks for the website and the suggestions. I'll try the rogue section.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'll point out a few things.

Having /Run UIErrorsFrame:Clear() at the start of the macro accomplishes nothing. Since all other commands are after the error suppression, any error generated will be shown. To effectively hide errors from macro commands you have to put the clear command at the end.

The macros with /cleartarget followed by /targetenemyplayer are problematic. If you are targeting the enemy you want to Sap, those commands could cause you to drop the target and acquire a different one.

#showtooltip
/cast [nocombat] !Stealth

This macro effectively does nothing that couldn't be accomplished by simply dragging the spell to the action bar. Basically, all it does is consume a macro slot for no benefit.

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus, help, nodead]; Tricks of the Trade; [@targettarget, help, nodead] Tricks of the Trade; Tricks of the Trade

This is unnecessarily long.

/cast [@focus,help,nodead][@targettarget,help][] Tricks of the Trade

or

/cast [@focus,help,nodead][@targettarget,help][@none] Tricks of the Trade

Conditionals can be chained in a priority allowing you to name the spell once. For @targettarget you don't need to include nodead because mobs immediately acquire new targets when their new target is dead. You can finish the macro with [] as a catch all, but it would require you to have a friendly targeted. Alternatively you can put [@none] which when previous conditionals are not met will cause the blue hand to appear for you to select a target.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Is there a way to make my SAP macro only announce the message after the sap works?

#showtooltip
/cleartarget
/targetenemyplayer
/cast Sap
/say %t is SAPPED! Please Don't Attack!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Well you can check for CD info but that'll fail if you're stunned, out of range or line of sight and so on and will still announce though you haven't cast it. You'd have to check for successful cast which is difficult to do in 255. Doable but with all the rest of your macro, even when you get rid of the first line which doesn't do much for it, is still too big I think.
So I'd say if you want a successful cast check plus a long custom message etc, I'd get an announce addon like RSA or SpeakinSpell.
Edited by Sedivy on 5/15/2013 11:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]