Death to Fire and Arcane Mages

Mage (Forums, Talent Calculator)
Talents
Flameglow now absorbs 15% of Fire Spell Power, down from 20%.
Incanter's Ward now grants 15% increased spell damage for 25 sec, rather than 30% increased spell damage for 15 sec.

This is the Death to all Fire and Arcane mages because Blizzard can't nerf a spec VS a whole class.

Say goodbye to your entire Fire PVP Community.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I fail to understand the problem here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Can't kill arcane, it's already dead
Reply Quote
Umm..fire will be fine
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Now they just need to deal with the ridiculous Pyroblast Gatling Gun created by Alter Time usage (make it not reset beneficial procs?).. and then the derptastic full potato nature of Frost in general.. and maybe Mages will require more than a single crack-addled braincell to play.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Incanter's Ward was overtuned and needed a nerf, it's one of the biggest offenders in terms of mage burst.
Reply Quote
Fire's dead at any high end sorry you haven't seen good ratings =[
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Now they just need to deal with the ridiculous Pyroblast Gatling Gun created by Alter Time usage (make it not reset beneficial procs?).. and then the derptastic full potato nature of Frost in general.. and maybe Mages will require more than a single crack-addled braincell to play.

You come across as very angry. >_>
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
These changes are not "death" to fire and arcane. The reason that fire isn't achieving many high ratings is because:
A. Most high rated mages play frost
B. Pyro procs are easy to purge

These new changes won't be what breaks fire, and as for arcane... well it's not like it was good pre-nerf anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
^ What he said.

Seriously though, Frost is broken. Why would you not play a broken spec, if given the choice?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I thought any mage spec could have any of those talents
Reply Quote
Now maybe make ice barrier absorb more than 1 auto attack and I might spec it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Fire's dead at any high end sorry you haven't seen good ratings =[

Fire is fine.

Arcane is not, but no amount of buffs will make that spec anything short of underpowered or overpowered. There's no middle ground for Arcane.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I think the nerfs are good and necessary. Fire and arcane suck already. Except if you want to work twice as hard for the same result, just go frost. I don't see a lot of survivals and marksman in pvp. It's alright for a class to only have 1 viable spec in pvp. As long as it's somehow balanced.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
You guys underestimate fire in the right hands.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Don't see how these nerf arcane and fire anymore than frost.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

The difficulty in playing a mage isn't in dealing damage. Mages are about controlling the enemy characters and throwing some burst at them in between. Making mage DPS any more difficult would be crippling to the class in PvP, considering we're already susceptible to being trained, with a rotation that basically consists of 3-4 buttons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Don't see how these nerf arcane and fire anymore than frost.

I don't think OP even implied this. OP was saying that arcane and fire didn't need the nerf while frost did, and that Blizzard should have targeted something frost specific instead of a talent available to all specs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I don't see a lot of survivals and marksman in pvp. It's alright for a class to only have 1 viable spec in pvp. As long as it's somehow balanced.

No No it is not Ok for a class to have only one viable pvp spec. Hybrid classes are always complaining when one of their specs is not viable in pvp yet most of their specs are viable.
However when a pure dps class complains that they want more than one spec to pvp with they get ignored and told that that's fine just because all of our specs are about dps.

Hunters cant do anything but bm in pvp.

Mages can't do much other than frost and to a very very rare extent Fire.

Rogues are stuck with subtlety.

Locks are mostly stuck with destro because of how cripple affliction is and demo only good for duels lol.

So when hybrid classes can only play one spec in pvp then come tell me it is ok
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]