Grinding a million dailies to buy valor gear

90 Human Paladin
05/09/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Bashiok
I'll pass on the Zerg mode aka Challenge mode I don't want to play beat the clock for no reason.

... it's not for no reason, you get rewards based on your time.

Also, no one has ever called it Zerg mode before. And never should again.

it is Zerg mode you play beat the clock to get 15 extra valor and pretty and useless armor that armor should have been a dungeon set or a raid tier not just xmog gear.
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Leodin

it is Zerg mode you play beat the clock to get 15 extra valor and pretty and useless armor that armor should have been a dungeon set or a raid tier not just xmog gear.

Truth sir. Thank god I'd rather just smash alliance face then play zerg mode, or farmland.
Reply Quote
29 Human Mage
Because making daily quests is simple, it probably involves 2 darts, a list of mobs in the area and a list of numbers between 1 and 20

2 throws and you've got a good ole daily quest
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Well it's just not really the right way to use the word, but anyway, even if you get Bronze (which is all you need to shoot for) that's 55 Valor, which, for the time investment, is probably the fastest way to get Valor. This thread is about the OP not wanting to do dailies to get Valor, not your personal take on if you like Challenge Modes or not. But now that we're on the subject, cosmetic rewards are actually fairly highly sought after, and considering from tier to tier people may or more not like how their set looks, allowing people to get fairly rare pieces to transmog into has been a pretty popular and appreciated reward. If you don't like them that's cool, there's a lot of content and not everyone is going to like all of it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Because making daily quests is simple, it probably involves 2 darts, a list of mobs in the area and a list of numbers between 1 and 20

2 throws and you've got a good ole daily quest

You forgot the chance a mob wouldn't have a head or feet or whatever body part necessary for (un)life.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

You calling it zerg mode, makes it blatantly obvious that you have never done one. I would laugh at someone actually trying to zerg it. Then getting plastered all over the pavement.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Well it's just not really the right way to use the word, but anyway, even if you get Bronze (which is all you need to shoot for) that's 55 Valor, which, for the time investment, is probably the fastest way to get Valor. This thread is about the OP not wanting to do dailies to get Valor, not your personal take on if you like Challenge Modes or not. But now that we're on the subject, cosmetic rewards are actually fairly highly sought after, and considering from tier to tier people may or more not like how their set looks, allowing people to get fairly rare pieces to transmog into has been a pretty popular and appreciated reward. If you don't like them that's cool, there's a lot of content and not everyone is going to like all of it.

If we are sentenced to doing dailies to get rep to get valor gear, can you at least increase the amount of valor you can have total? Or perhaps earn each week? It would grant me more incentive to grind. Nothing too outrageous. Just a thought.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Well it's just not really the right way to use the word

What do the Alliance do in AV because the Horde don't bother to defend?

What do over-geared invincible tanks do in dungeons?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Not only that, but dailies aren't even necessary anymore. You can just grind the Zandalari troll rares and get exalted with everything in a matter of hours.

Please do tell, as I have not heard of doing this ?

do you mean the ones in Krasang Wilds at the bottom there the lvl 92/3 's ?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Well you used to be able to just push through 7 heroics in a day for 7 valor bonus's. But I guess its more exciting these days for the 8.3 million of us left to log on every day of the week and to get that bonus once a day.
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Shaman
OP apparently doesn't understand the whole point of Valor gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

But you still have to do dailies to grind rep to spend the valor.

Having rep factions tied to the Valor gear was a bad idea. Rep items should just cost gold and valor items just valor, not valor/rep.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
05/09/2013 02:32 PMPosted by Bashiok
which, for the time investment, is probably the fastest way to get Valor.

Challenge Modes are awesome, evidently you think so too since you're trying to push them so hard.

But they're no where near the fastest or most efficient way to gain Valor.

That would be chaining the pathetically easy "Heroics" we currently have. Even at only 40 Valor a pop after the first one the ease and speed easily makes up for it.

Challenge Modes take coordination and skill even for a Bronze.

Bang for your buck.

A concept Blizzard is well acquainted with at this point no?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
05/09/2013 02:35 PMPosted by Suriyel
Well it's just not really the right way to use the word

What do the Alliance do in AV because the Horde don't bother to defend?

What do over-geared invincible tanks do in dungeons?

I think you missed that it is impossible to outgear challenge modes which is what is being discussed.

Dailies are slow to grind valor.

Raising the cap would increase the amount of grind would have to do and we'd still get this thread regarding dailies being "mandatory" to get gear.

The cap exists so that you don't feel obligated to run every single daily and every single heroic every day to maximize your gain.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
chain-run Challenge Modes = VP win.

Challenge modes just make me sad there aren't real dungeons anymore :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/09/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Bashiok
I'll pass on the Zerg mode aka Challenge mode I don't want to play beat the clock for no reason.

Can't think of a good reason to really do them there Bashiok.

In 5.3 sure, epics. But right now the transmog gear looks blah to me. I know you guys work hard on these things, but I just can't seem to find the extra incentive to do them right now.

Edit: There hasn't been an awesome tier set for DKs since Ice Crown Citadel ... Firelands was close (love the shoulders as you can see), but overall ICC's was the best looking IMO.
Edited by Aziker on 5/9/2013 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
05/09/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Dliver
chain-run Challenge Modes = VP win.

Challenge modes just make me sad there aren't real dungeons anymore :(

I get the exact opposite feeling.. Challenge modes make me happy dungeons aren't that ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I love the what the armor looks but to me and a lot of people the time to put into it for the rewards offered are not worth the time to run thru them.

Don't get me wrong I like MoP my biggest complaint is the lack of 5 mans and how easy the current ones were even when I was under geared for them.

As for the fastest way I've found for capping valor is grouping up with a bunch of guildies and tearing thru the dailies and killing some of the rares on the island as well as doing normal raid bosses.

Hopefully heroic senarios will help with capping valor and fill that missing place that 5 mans held for me and a lot of the people I play with I don't think it will as much because I've been running with some of the same people for years and not having the normal dungeon grind is making a lot of us unhappy.

LFR is a different animal then 5 mans it doesn't have the same feel as heroics because you have to deal with 20 other people that you'll never see again and are normally nasty which is why I stopped tanking for LFD mid way thru Cata and only stuck with the guild groups
Edited by Leodin on 5/9/2013 2:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]