Grinding a million dailies to buy valor gear

100 Human Priest
i didn't do any dalies for valor gear

i went into lfr in pvp gear

got a full set of pve gear

got enough rep from tot to buy more 522 gear than points I can earn.

you're just w/e

Another good post.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
OP, are you queueing for LFR as a healer? I find it relatively easy to cap valor if you do most LFRs (as a heal, rarely more than a 5 minute queue) and a few "heroic" dungeons/silly scenarios here and there each week.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Challenge Mode needs an over-excited voiceover that yells out "CHECKPOINT" during appropriate portions of the run.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'm not sure. Do you feel like that was the best way to get Valor? It may be the slowest. Good for filling small gaps though. Get a few friends together, chain-run Challenge Modes = VP win.

http://www.wowhead.com/currency=396/valor-points

(+Heroic Scenarios will also be a good source in 5.3, only need 2 friends, and no spec requirements)

"Only need 2 friends" and a 480 ilvl will be the main detractors from this and the fact that it will be the first reasonable valor payout since Mists launched will be the main reason it will fly at all. (assuming the chest rewards are indeed now 502 instead of 516 as per the blue post)

It's nice that you're adding reasonable valor rewards in 5.3, it's ridiculous it took so long for it to happen.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
If we are sentenced to doing dailies to get rep to get valor gear, can you at least increase the amount of valor you can have total? Or perhaps earn each week? It would grant me more incentive to grind. Nothing too outrageous. Just a thought.

You shouldn't be grinding any reps to get Valor gear. Those items aren't really worth going after any more. There's the Shado-Pan Assault, but you get rep by downing each ToT boss each week, and there's no way to 'grind' that.

If you're working on Kirin Tor Offensive or Sunreaver Onslaught, hitting Honored is pretty quick, buy the belt for 300g and then only continue with it if you want to hit Exalted or want some of those other rewards. If you're just looking to gear up I'd probably stop there.

Check out the Catching Up to 5.3 blog for specifics on how to be gearing right now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
05/09/2013 02:49 PMPosted by Bashiok
You shouldn't be grinding any reps to get Valor gear. Those items aren't really worth going after any more.

I find it funny seeing a blue tell someone to ignore content, but it's totally true.
Reply Quote

it is Zerg mode you play beat the clock to get 15 extra valor and pretty and useless armor that armor should have been a dungeon set or a raid tier not just xmog gear.

You calling it zerg mode, makes it blatantly obvious that you have never done one. I would laugh at someone actually trying to zerg it. Then getting plastered all over the pavement.

I call it zerg mode because you are raceing a clock to get the valor I don't like to rush thru dungeons which is why to me the cata ones and the bc ones were perfect they made people pay attention to mechanics and know how to play there class.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/09/2013 02:53 PMPosted by Suzyq
You shouldn't be grinding any reps to get Valor gear. Those items aren't really worth going after any more.

I find it funny seeing a blue tell someone to ignore content, but it's totally true.

Says something about the content.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Don't get me wrong I like MoP my biggest complaint is the lack of 5 mans and how easy the current ones were even when I was under geared for them.

When really were 5mans ever truly that hard? Worst by far were TBC's, especially if certain classes weren't there to help cheese the mechanics, but they were never truly hard.

I've enjoyed most of the 5mans in MoP, better than the Cata ones at the least, but at the end of the day, they're just 5mans. I've never, not even in Vanilla, considered them to be anything worthy of PvE mention in terms of difficulty because the Raids contained that. Challenge Modes ARE difficult, compared to all others, so if you are looking for a challenging 5man environment, there ya go.

But you seem to be mixing apples and oranges here. Your opening statement is a subjective one:

I love the what the armor looks but to me and a lot of people the time to put into it for the rewards offered are not worth the time to run thru them.

You and anecdotal "others" don't feel the cosmetic rewards justify the difficulty. But then you lament the lack of difficult 5mans... so what are you actually looking for? Efficiency of Valor AND a challenge are all wrapped up in Challenge Modes, without any of the crappy random stranger crap of LFD/LFR.

Me thinks thou doth protest too much.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Laughs...I grind dailies for one reason...I need the gold..my valor points just sit there..I run BGs sometimes for the heck of it and solo dungeons for the same reason..the gold
Unfortunately the Remote AH is just like EBay to me..tend to blow my gold on silly things..but it's fun
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
... it's not for no reason, you get rewards based on your time.

Also, no one has ever called it Zerg mode before. And never should again.
Ruffling Bashiok's leaves isn't a good thing.
Edited by Arkimus on 5/9/2013 2:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Games aren't meant to be fun, they are meant to be suffered through day in and day out. Gear isn't something that just gets handed out to every joe sweatsock that can scrounge up $15 dollars a month and do a few dailies or run a few raids. First you must pay with your money for the privilege to even try, then you must pay with your soul as you grind for weeks or months. But you must always remember you are promised nothing and nothing is what you will get most of the time. Frustration, Pain, Suffering, this is why you are here, not fun.

And this post is why I celebrated the sub loss. Tools like you shouldn't be subbing in the first place. Go back to your instant gratification xbox live game. I heard some angry birds miss you.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
12 Troll Shaman
If you're working on Kirin Tor Offensive or Sunreaver Onslaught, hitting Honored is pretty quick, buy the belt for 300g and then only continue with it if you want to hit Exalted or want some of those other rewards. If you're just looking to gear up I'd probably stop there.

I tried to do this with my painfully undergeared (ilevel 435) shaman, and then discovered that I'd have to finish every solo scenario first before being offered dailies for reputation. Since her server has completely unlocked every phase by now... that's a lot of death rushing. :p
Edited by Faizaniel on 5/9/2013 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Fasç
Don't get me wrong I like MoP my biggest complaint is the lack of 5 mans and how easy the current ones were even when I was under geared for them.

When really were 5mans ever truly that hard? Worst by far were TBC's, especially if certain classes weren't there to help cheese the mechanics, but they were never truly hard.

I've enjoyed most of the 5mans in MoP, better than the Cata ones at the least, but at the end of the day, they're just 5mans. I've never, not even in Vanilla, considered them to be anything worthy of PvE mention in terms of difficulty because the Raids contained that. Challenge Modes ARE difficult, compared to all others, so if you are looking for a challenging 5man environment, there ya go.

But you seem to be mixing apples and oranges here. Your opening statement is a subjective one:

I love the what the armor looks but to me and a lot of people the time to put into it for the rewards offered are not worth the time to run thru them.

You and anecdotal "others" don't feel the cosmetic rewards justify the difficulty. But then you lament the lack of difficult 5mans... so what are you actually looking for? Efficiency of Valor AND a challenge are all wrapped up in Challenge Modes, without any of the crappy random stranger crap of LFD/LFR.

Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

People enjoy different things I Loved the cata and BC heroics and as I've stated a few times this post I hate the fact that you need to beat a clock in challenge modes which is why I refuse to even set foot in one.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I call it zerg mode because you are raceing a clock to get the valor I don't like to rush thru dungeons which is why to me the cata ones and the bc ones were perfect they made people pay attention to mechanics and know how to play there class.

/boggle

And thus why you don't understand how a Challenge Mode works. No Hand of A'dal or Champion of the Naaru, so pulling off a TBC Shattered Halls run for the quest was probably not something you did at all.

To pull a fast time you MUST pay attention to everything around you, know the pulls inside and out, CC and move appropriately, etc etc. You don't just pull-AoE-pull-AoE-pull-AoE-pull and hope your normalized gear DPS is enough to meet the times. It'll be like my first time pulling just for !@#$s and giggles... a very dead Bear and a baffled Healer.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
05/09/2013 02:39 PMPosted by Subatrocity

Please do tell, as I have not heard of doing this ?

do you mean the ones in Krasang Wilds at the bottom there the lvl 92/3 's ?

They're not just in Krasarang. They are all over Pandaria. Zandalari Warscouts and Warbringers. You can easily solo Warscouts. Warbringers require a group, or for you to be a decently geared tank, or a very well-geared DPS if you want to solo.

They drop stolen insignias that give you an exorbitant amount of rep, especially if you have the revered commendation.

Also, let's not forget that the rares on Isle of Thunder drop 15 valor a piece. So if you are REALLY, REALLY tired of dailies, grind rares. They respawn every 30-50 minutes.

Thank you. I will look for them and give it a try .

Although I am STILL trying to find a damn chest on the isle to get Elder Coins ! ( only found 1 and that was first week at 90 )

Dumbest idea ever to put Elder Charms in 5.2 content for 5.0/1 LFR etc, and yet in 5.0 we have the Quest for 5.2 ( Mogu Runes), wish they would allow a choice or put the quest for Mogu Runes on the Isle and Elder Charms exchange at the Shrine !

( as well as a teleport from the shrine to the Isle !!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

You calling it zerg mode, makes it blatantly obvious that you have never done one. I would laugh at someone actually trying to zerg it. Then getting plastered all over the pavement.

Jumping in a bit off topic, but wouldn't that be a race against time then? My understanding of zerg (from the Zerg race in Starcraft) is to overwhelm by throwing massive waves of combatants at the problem to make it go away (the way the players handle Oon comes to mind) which does not fit your use of the term.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm not sure. Do you feel like that was the best way to get Valor? It may be the slowest. Good for filling small gaps though. Get a few friends together, chain-run Challenge Modes = VP win.

I never really do dailies for VP. Challenge Modes is so easy, and so is the VP you get from it. I do CM every week for cap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]