Where are the *good* Oceanic players?

90 Troll Shaman
I've been slowly rebuilding my guild after an unsuccessful transition into a 25 man guild and have run into something that I strongly dislike. All of the 'good' australian players seem to have to raid a billion hours to make progress... Most of the top guilds either raid 4+ nights a week (say 4 and raid 5/6) raid three looong nights toward midnight, or say they raid 3 and raid the occasional 4th (read almost every week). I'd honestly prefer if I could reduce my raid nights down to 2 nights total and just kill 1 progress boss a week (shouldnt be hard at all tbh...)

Where are the people like me that enjoy raiding despite it being easy even in the heroic modes, and just want to smash progress on a light raiding schedule because there's other things to do in a week then sit in a raid for 20-30 hours because of bads.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
That comes down to personal preference and expectations. I personally think it's madness to spend 4 nights a week raiding anymore. I used to do it back in the day and refuse to do it again. Sure, I don't get realm firsts under my belt but to be frank, the game is old and I don't give a !@#$. I play for fun.

If it's your personal preference to raid only say, 2 nights a week but to be doing heroic content but everyone doing heroic content on your server is raiding 4 nights a week, then something's got to give. You'll either need to a) up your raiding schedule or b) lower your expectations. With a dropping subscriber base and mid xpac, you'll only find it harder to recruit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
On Jubei its generally around 2 nights or 3 for the casual guilds which will often follow through. You will want to check it out for yourself though.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Yes but by the time you finish the content post patch or whatever the other guilds are only raiding 1.5 nights a week or so
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
implying australian players can be good
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Plenty of good guilds out there, it's just a matter of looking. Suggesting all heroic guilds raid 20-30 hours a week is a joke. I personally only raid a 13 hour week, and we are currently 10/13H, very soon to be 11/13H.

I understand wanting to raid less hours, but you really won't get anywhere on 2 nights honestly. In a raid like Dragon Soul? Fine, but tiers are massive currently, and there is no plan on changing that.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

200ms+ and still better than a majority of US guilds
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Edited by Dolan on 5/16/2013 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman

That is cute.

You're cute.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Know what, I'm perfectly willing to join AUS players.
I'd love to, in fact.
I just have 0 interest in joining a non-supportive guild.
If you're willing to recruit a US player who doesn't have a specific timeframe and is willing to play almost any character [EXCEPTIONS- WARLOCK, PRIEST, SHAMAN] I'd be glad to join you. :3
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
op is from jubei 8)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Implying that pve takes skill?

I laugh on your lapel.
Edited by Exodus on 5/24/2013 2:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Implying that pve takes skill?

I laugh on your lapel.

Playing wow for pvp is silly... Play a competitive game if you want to compete... PvE is for relaxing and smashing bosses hence my complaint with how much people have to play to kill bosses

Plenty of good guilds out there, it's just a matter of looking. Suggesting all heroic guilds raid 20-30 hours a week is a joke. I personally only raid a 13 hour week, and we are currently 10/13H, very soon to be 11/13H.

I understand wanting to raid less hours, but you really won't get anywhere on 2 nights honestly. In a raid like Dragon Soul? Fine, but tiers are massive currently, and there is no plan on changing that.

Twansition, your guild is probably the closest thing to what I would look for if I was ever to give up on my own guild... But it's still 4 nights a week locked away and it's not like you've cleared the tier.

We're raiding 9 hours and now that my team is actually coming together, and assuming we don't hit any major road blocks with losing a player we'll be at 10 or 11 in another week or so. Two nights at 4 hours would actually probably be more efficient then 3 @ 3 but most of my guild can't raid earlier and I can't raid late so 3*3 it is.

Also, if I raided with a group of people who were each as proficient with their class as I am, killing just one raid boss per week for 13 weeks should be very achievable on two nights (faster once the group is solid / practiced) resulting in an ra-den kill about this week..?

My point is the "top" guilds all sit around bullying each other for raiding long hours, but they are all doing it... Why don't the good players spend more time investing in improving the community and generating new better players instead of working against eachother and making it look like its !@#$ and a job to raid 9999999999999999999 hrs.
Edited by Furah on 5/26/2013 7:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
op is from jubei 8)

You raid an extra night a week and are barely infront of us, grat... (I doubt you will be for much longer)

Also I couldn't help but notice you raided 5 nights on your Primordius progression kill week....

PROVING MY POINT PERHAPS?!?!?
Edited by Furah on 5/26/2013 7:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
17 Draenei Shaman
If its to easy, it becomes boring very quickly, and raiders will stop raiding if its a walk in the park requiring no skill and just pew pew. if your aim is to get one heroic boss down per week on a 2 nite roster and let's say it is doable, then your raid team by rights can down regular ToT in one week, two on the outside. Then you have only 12 weeks of raiding on top of that and you cleared current content, and "yawn" it's over and done with, what's the incentive to go back? Week after week of farming for gear? that does not rock every one's boat and gets dull and boring quickly. heroics does require skill, those who say that it does not, then why have they not cleared heroics in one week? (Answer: lack the skill to do so, and will blame their team). And lets say for arguement sake, it does not take skill, then that makes it to boring for the skill players, who are not gonna hang around to be bored....hence lack of "good raiders". You assume people like it easy, but I know a lot of people who like a challenge.

would add though 4-5 nights are insane but I thought those guilds only did that for server first or ratings and then cut back significantly.
Edited by Enlighten on 5/28/2013 2:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
What... Wow is easy, with the exception of maybe 1 boss per tier... World first guilds raid on minimum gear at maximum time, and I have some respect for that (not what I'm looking for) but its everything outside of the 'race' where the people still raid ludicrous times that I have an issue with. We (oceanic) only have 3 guilds that are finally finished the tier, and they were all raiding peak hours up until the last few weeks.

I don't 'blame my team' it is just that I play with a different tier of people because 'good' players believe the 5 raid nights a week is the way to go and are drawn to the guilds that are 'progressing fast' even though it is just an illusion of skill brought on by brute force. Also, your spiel on it being boring if cleared to quickly, thats exactly why slowing progression down to a rate where you kill it comfortably on minimal hours is so attractive, casual play so it doesn't consume your life, constant fun of progression and no tediousness of farming full heroic clears for months on end...

And yes, wow is easy, I play it as a relaxing game as a wind down from work. I used to play War3 & DoTA competitively and haveplayed these games nationally and overseas for dota.
Edited by Furah on 5/30/2013 8:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I should point out, I don't think of any of my players as 'bad'. And I have a couple of excellent players that I believe simply play with me because they enjoy my relaxed approach / hours that means they can perform @ 90% of what they are capable of and take things easy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
So how are those 10/13 bosses in a week going
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
This thread is stupid, do what you want to do with your guild and best of luck achieving your 1 progress boss a week.

From what little ive seen of you i'd be embarased to be in a guild with you on the fact alone that you seem to think your god's gift to wow.

Go raid your 2 nights a week and keep your pointless opinion's to yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Deathwing thinks otherwise.

people were STILL raiding for Gurth'alak until the end of cata, even though DS was childsplay
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]