No time to heal achievement

(Locked)

90 Tauren Shaman
"Win 5 consecutive PvP battles without letting a pet die"
I have some serious beef with this achievement... i have tried legit doing this for hours all sorts of levels of pets, it's annoying when you you're using 2 level one pets and a level 2 and get paired up against 3 level 3 pets.... I just can't seem to win, I even went to 4 /5 went decided to take a break n go farm some pets did a regular pet battle NON PVP related and pet died resetting the counter to 0/5 ... this achievement is dumb, I've searched high and low for ways to kind of work around this including the have a friend cue at the same time... that doesn't work either I dunno maybe it's cause I've progressed so much farther than him...I dunno.. what are some of the tips everyone can give? what combination works for them?
90 Goblin Death Knight
I hear ya, have yet to obtain this achievement myself. Closest I've ever come was 3/5.

Thinking at some point I'll have to build a team full of really tanky pets with self-healing. Not sure if that'll work, but it might be worth a try.
Thinking at some point I'll have to build a team full of really tanky pets with self-healing. Not sure if that'll work, but it might be worth a try.

Heh... hehehe...

Worked for me. I do love my tanky pets...
85 Goblin Rogue
I havent done much PVP pet battling this patch but last patch I could easily win 10 battles or more in a row using my PVP darkness team, scourged whelpling, ghostly skull, and soul of the aspect. I had a few other teams that did almost as well but I found that team to be my most effective.
90 Human Priest
When I did it and got matched up with people that had higher levels I just forfeited before any of my pets died and it didn't reset my count, sort of cheesy but it's annoying when you end up against someone else that has one pet that can take out your whole team at lower levels. I'm not sure if it still works, though. I think pets with healing are the best choice if you are planning to do it with low levels. I used my celestial dragon when it was like level 2-5 (don't remember exactly) with other pets the same level and got it pretty quickly.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I usually run a triple ele comp, and apparently me nd someone with micro sentry/clockwork gnome combo were only ones on. Whenever he saw me, he ran. Got 5 throwaways :D
90 Night Elf Druid
I think some people do it by cheesing the matchup system with 1 level 25, 2 level 1s and hoping they get matched up against some poor sucker with three level 8-10s, which the 25 can just solo.

You could also just forfeit if it looks like a pet is going to die, although it might take a really long time that way if you're actually fighting fair fights.

I'm not sure what Blizzard's position on wintrading for this is, but if your opponent's forfeit counts as a win, and your own forfeits don't count against you as long as nothing died, it would be *really* easy for two people to get it quickly by meeting up at a stable master and taking turns forfeiting to each other. Unlike the 5.3 achievement I don't think it requires using the matchmaking system (if it does, you'd just have to find a low-activity time of day and hope you get matched against each other).
90 Tauren Shaman
well, forfeiting apparently resets the counter now... :( I tried using a buddy's account on my laptop n we never got matched up at all, and regular pet battles/duels with other players don't work :( I even used 3 pets with heals and did nothing but heal for 40 minutes hoping the other guy would lose patience n forfeit..... i lost patients first... :(
90 Draenei Mage
Have you and your buddy both que up with 3 lvl 5 pets during offpeak hours, the luck that you will find someone else in the que with that combo is slim. After hours of trying to do this using other methods it worked for me.
90 Undead Priest
I happen to think that achievement is rigged like a carnival game. Everytime I get 4/5 it puts me with pets 3 levels above me.
90 Goblin Death Knight
Last night I wanted to play around with a joke team, so I queued up with three of my Zandalari raptors at level 1. Ended up fighting a team with a level 1, 2 and 3 pet that stomped me.

I quickly queued up with a level 3 team, hoping to fight him. Ended up getting in against the same team, but he forfeited before the battle started. I found that this counts as a win on the counter. Queued again, got the same team, he forfeited again, and I got another win. This happened twice more, putting my counter at 4/5.

Excited, I queued one more time, hoping for that last "win" needed for the achievement. Five minutes later, my level 3 team got put up against a team with a level one, and two level 6s. Needless to say I lost the best chance I had for that achievement.

*rages*
90 Dwarf Hunter
I got this with a uncommon baby blizz bear (toughest low lvl pet ever upgrade as soon as you get a stone)
A proto drake whelp (uncommon now rare)
and some other pet but as long as you have a baby blizz bear type of pet you shud win but bring a pheonix hatchling to counter any mechanicals whowanna kill your bear.
64 Troll Shaman
I hear ya, have yet to obtain this achievement myself. Closest I've ever come was 3/5.

3/5 is the best I have ever done too.

I burns me no end that dying in a PvE battle resets the counter.

This achievement is horribly bugged in other ways too. I have gotten credit towards it when using my triple vampiric batling team... even though one of my team had died.
90 Orc Hunter
I am increasingly glad I did it with a friend by win-trading duels while duels still counted.
90 Troll Rogue
Useful trick, forfeiting before a pet dies does not reset the counter so basically just keep queuing until you get a team you like and just forfeit if one of your pets gers low.
90 Goblin Hunter
Wow, so many gimmicky tactics in this thread.

Am I the only one who did it the legit way in the lv25 PvP queue? o.O
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Am I the only one who did it the legit way in the lv25 PvP queue? o.O

One man's legit way is another man's whatever......

I got it from real battles in the 5-7 range. Is it less legit?
90 Orc Hunter
In my defense, it was about 3am on the night that Mists went live and we'd just figured out how to pet-duel with our little 2-pet teams.
90 Goblin Hunter
Is it less legit?

Yes.
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
05/11/2013 08:14 PMPosted by Triggers
Is it less legit?

Yes.

Weird I don't see that note on my achievement. I will assumes this is something arbitrary you made up in your own mind and expect others to believe as well. Don't feel bad it happens all the time on the internet. Just don't expect anyone else to share of hold the same belief as you.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]