No time to heal achievement

(Locked)

90 Draenei Priest
Happens all the time in real life too!

It certainly isn't less legit to obtain the achievement with lower level pets. I got mine while leveling my first 3 pets, quite low I believe and I missed it a couple of times. Since no level is indicated on the achievement any level is legit. The only ways imo that could be considered less legit are queuing against a friend or having done it through duels in the beginning but still... no distinction is made.

Good luck to everyone who still needs it!
90 Goblin Hunter
Weird I don't see that note on my achievement. I will assumes this is something arbitrary you made up in your own mind and expect others to believe as well. Don't feel bad it happens all the time on the internet. Just don't expect anyone else to share of hold the same belief as you.

Sounds like somebody's feelings got hurt.

Perhaps not "less legit", but fighting level 7 pets is certainly a hell of a lot easier. The pets at that level don't even have their full range of moves yet.

I don't feel bad at all for having done it against harder opponents w/ real teams.

/shrug
90 Human Paladin
Frankly trying this in any bracket but 25 is like trying to win a rigged game. It's just not a good idea.

I suggest you get your pet's to 25 and create a real team. The better the team the more likely you will get 5 win's in a row.

After all most times you will end up fighting the same ppl over and over so if your team is good an naturally counters them you can easily get 5 wins. Frankly I wish there was a 10 win version of this. Make it a real challenge =P
90 Goblin Hunter
Winning 5 times in a row is definitely easy.

Winning 5 times w/out having a single pet die in the current meta? Not so easy.

Unless you're using some cheesy forfeit tactics, I guess.
Edited by Triggers on 5/12/2013 7:09 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Sounds like somebody's feelings got hurt.

Yea, the person who said others achievement isn't legit would be the one with hurt feelings.

Perhaps not "less legit", but fighting level 7 pets is certainly a hell of a lot easier. The pets at that level don't even have their full range of moves yet.

Yea because getting the achievement at level 25 with triple fff back in the day is way more legit than getting it at level 7 with 3 uncommons. Keep in mind that either side probably can't offer up proof that their achievement is legit. There have been various other comps at max level that make this achievement laughable at best. Food comas, chews and Blighthawks to name a few.

If you pvp long enough in any game you will here the phrase "yea you did x but you used y to do it so it doesn't really count." over and over. Your sour grapes is just another variation of this. No level is more legit no comp is more legit, the achievement is what it is.

I don't feel bad at all for having done it against harder opponents w/ real teams.

Good for you, try not to belittle people who achieved the same thing in way that you didn't. It makes you look small not them.

I suggest you get your pet's to 25 and create a real team. The better the team the more likely you will get 5 win's in a row.

Yea gaming the meta is more "real" than any other way of playing the game. The achievment says "level 25 forum approved comps only".

05/12/2013 05:53 AMPosted by Annimositty
After all most times you will end up fighting the same ppl over and over so if your team is good an naturally counters them you can easily get 5 wins.

I see your point. Fighting people you counter comp at 25 is way more legit than if you counter comp that anything lower level than that.....

Frankly I wish there was a 10 win version of this. Make it a real challenge =P

Hell yea because counter comping someone for 10 wins is way more serious than only counter comping them 5 times. Yeeeeeehaw!!!!!!

Pretty impressive stuff legit achievement team. I must ask is Flaya the leader of your group to decide what is fair because it certainly comes across as such.......
I am increasingly glad I did it with a friend by win-trading duels while duels still counted.

This is not something to be proud of since you didn't get the achievement as intended.

I mean, neither did I (I got stuck in an odd forfeiting queue), but it's not like I'm bragging about it.
90 Orc Hunter
This is not something to be proud of since you didn't get the achievement as intended.

I mean, neither did I (I got stuck in an odd forfeiting queue), but it's not like I'm bragging about it.

I'm not bragging, I'm just glad I tripped over that before they fixed it because if I had to get it now, I would stress out over it so badly that Flaya would have a stroke. It's not like I knew that dueling wasn't intended to count; the expansion had gone live less than six hours beforehand, and I'd been avoiding anything pet battle related before that.

I'm not bragging, I'm just glad I tripped over that before they fixed it because if I had to get it now, I would stress out over it so badly that Flaya would have a stroke. It's not like I knew that dueling wasn't intended to count; the expansion had gone live less than six hours beforehand, and I'd been avoiding anything pet battle related before that.

Speaking of Flaya - curse whoever reported his 'Shell is OP' thread down. I didn't even get a chance to respond to it. I'm starting to like his threads.
90 Orc Hunter
Speaking of Flaya - curse whoever reported his 'Shell is OP' thread down. I didn't even get a chance to respond to it. I'm starting to like his threads.

Noooo, is that what happened to it? ;_;
27 Pandaren Warrior
05/12/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Hearus
Yea because getting the achievement at level 25 with triple fff back in the day is way more legit than getting it at level 7 with 3 uncommons. Keep in mind that either side probably can't offer up proof that their achievement is legit. There have been various other comps at max level that make this achievement laughable at best. Food comas, chews and Blighthawks to name a few.

lol.

No need to get your little panties in a bunch, there.

You're reaching pretty far trying to discredit anyone who did it in a far harder bracket than the one you chose. Even so far as to try to call people liars simply because you're offended.

Also, I don't even have any of the pets that you just mentioned learned in my pet journal, so I can at least "prove" that much that I didn't use those teams. I've never even owned them.

I didn't question your level 7 team. Why, is there something you're not telling us about your wins? I'm often told that those who see the most deceit are often the ones who have most to hide.

I got my achieve at the tail end of 5.1 (yes, fighting against triple FFF teams, Conflag bombing, etc) w/ a Blizzard comp (Frosty, Tiny Snowman, KLR). I've got no reason to lie about it.

Ah well, this isn't the first time we've disagreed. I'm certain it won't be the last. I'll leave you to keep stomping your feet and shouting that your method was "just as good", I suppose.

If you pvp long enough in any game you will here the phrase "yea you did x but you used y to do it so it doesn't really count." over and over. Your sour grapes is just another variation of this. No level is more legit no comp is more legit, the achievement is what it is.

This sounds awfully reminiscent of "but but but, triple FFFs and Food Comas, blah blah".

Level 7 pet battle PvP can barely be considered PvP. If you pvp long enough, you'd know that. But you don't even have 30 PvP wins, so I don't expect you do.

/shrug
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
No need to get your little panties in a bunch, there.

They aren't.

You're reaching pretty far trying to discredit anyone who did it in a far harder bracket than the one you chose. Even so far as to try to call people liars simply because you're offended.

You are missing the point. Anyone can say it isn't legit, it is a personal opinion. It doesn't make it right. I explained that it happens in every type of pvp ever. People constantly try to discredit what they deem to not be the proper way. It never removes the other persons achievements or wins though.

Also, I don't even have any of the pets that you just mentioned learned in my pet journal, so I can at least "prove" that much that I didn't use those teams. I've never even owned them.

Okay, you ran any double undead, or chain cc team. Or anything thing that has been whined or bemoaned on the forums over. I am not belittling your achievement. Good for you on it, with what ever make up and level you did it. You are the one who looks down on others for how they did it not me.

05/12/2013 03:27 PMPosted by Machival
I didn't question your level 7 team.

yoour quote.

05/11/2013 08:14 PMPosted by Triggers
Is it less legit?

Yes.

That is exactly questioning it. You aren't a special snowflake because you did it the 'real' way. Nor am I less legit for the way I may have done it. You are the one who said otherwise though, basically doing nothing more than trying to make yourself look/feel superior.

I got my achieve at the tail end of 5.1 (yes, fighting against triple FFF teams, Conflag bombing, etc) w/ a Blizzard comp (Frosty, Tiny Snowman, KLR). I've got no reason to lie about it.

You still can't prove it and trust me somewhere out there is someone who will take issue with that team even at that time. I am not one of the them. The point was someone will always try make others seem less legitimate, which is something you are guilty of.

Ah well, this isn't the first time we've disagreed. I'm certain it won't be the last. I'll leave you to keep stomping your feet and shouting that your method was "just as good", I suppose.

You can tell everyone's method is just as good, you can tell by how we all get the same achievement.

05/12/2013 03:27 PMPosted by Machival
Level 7 pet battle PvP can barely be considered PvP.

The fact that my point flies so high over your head is amazing. Please don't try to see it now it may cause whiplash.
90 Human Warlock
I did this at level 1, level 7 and level 15 of the grindfest, multiple times to check it could be done. I could do it at 25, but since I got it with level 1 robots (ROBOT! ROOOOBOOOOT!) I haven't seen the need.

Of course it's not legit if you do it any other way than mine. You should all be ashamed. The achievement must also ALSO be achieved while not wearing pants, because that's how LEGIT pet battlers roll.
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Of course it's not legit if you do it any other way than mine. You should all be ashamed. The achievement must also ALSO be achieved while not wearing pants, because that's how LEGIT pet battlers roll.

This guy gets it.
90 Goblin Hunter
I got what you were saying the first time. You seem to have this strange habit of thinking that anyone who doesn't agree w/ you is somehow mentally less astute.

You asked my opinion on whether your methods were less legit. I gave it.

My original response to you was literally one word, and more of a facetious remark, tbh. But it does amuse me that you seem to be so terribly upset by what one random pet battler might think of your methods.

I responded to this thread originally because I was surprised by the number of posters who were resorting to win-trading or forfeit exploitation for the achievement. At least you actually did fight real opponents for yours.

Do I think that your way was easier? Yes. Do I care that you did it that way? Not really.
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Having a "real" team or if I must spell it out for you; a team that has good synergy, not 3 random pets.

You can do this at any level.

05/12/2013 08:38 PMPosted by Annimositty
Last a good team will have advantages over other teams and counter them. It has a lot to do with a winning team, its why it's a good idea to have a decent amount of family abilitys in your team.

This has nothing to do with what was said. I do agree with it though.

If you think that you can get this achievement facing only teams that are on the same footing as you then your delusional.

I think you are having trouble reading what has been said. My only point was that people belittling or trying trivialize or disqualify any other persons achievement is pointless. Someone can always come up with a reason why they think someone else didn't earn it the 'right way'

As crimson pointed out. You and trigg/mach are irrelevant because you did not wear pants. It really holds as much water as saying well you didn't do it at 25 or with the right comp or whatever angle you choose to use.

That time of the month again Hearus? So hostile lol.

Stay classy.
90 Human Paladin
05/12/2013 09:05 PMPosted by Hearus
I think you are having trouble reading what has been said. My only point was that people belittling or trying trivialize or disqualify any other persons achievement is pointless.

I think your having trouble reading lol, I never said anything about any ones method of getting this. All I said is I think it's best and far easier to get this achievement at level 25 with any well balanced team.

I add the "real" since a team with two level 1's and a level 15 is not a real team since your simply using the levels as an advantage, the pet's you will use will hardly matter. It's an attempt to make the achievement easier. That doesn't always work and simply makes the achievment far more stressful then it needs to be.

All your doing is going about making this wild accusations. You really need to chill. Maybe take of your pants off, seems they might be on a little tight.
Edited by Annimositty on 5/12/2013 9:27 PM PDT
90 Troll Priest
Do the enemy players still get to see what you named your mini-pets? If so, I was thinking of naming 3 pets "Please let" "me win" "achievement." To try to get this one. :P
90 Human Paladin
Do the enemy players still get to see what you named your mini-pets? If so, I was thinking of naming 3 pets "Please let" "me win" "achievement." To try to get this one. :P

lol it's worth a try

This might have the opposite effect though.
99% of what Hearus says is usually spot on. I'm not sure why some of you argue with him/her...unless that's what you find fun rather than read some good advice.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]