No time to heal achievement

(Locked)

90 Draenei Priest
If you named them 'No time' 'To heal' and 'Plz', I would let you win. Many people probably wouldn't though.
100 Orc Rogue
UE
05/12/2013 09:40 PMPosted by Annimositty
Do the enemy players still get to see what you named your mini-pets? If so, I was thinking of naming 3 pets "Please let" "me win" "achievement." To try to get this one. :P

lol it's worth a try

This might have the opposite effect though.

Oh, this would have the exact opposite effect on me...absolutely.
90 Human Paladin
99% of what Hearus says is usually spot on. I'm not sure why some of you argue with him/her...unless that's what you find fun rather than read some good advice.

I agree that he has some good info and does help often. But I also know he can be a real !@@!*@!# sometimes just for the sake of trying to demean innocent posters who are just looking for help.

It's a shame really.
100 Orc Rogue
UE
05/12/2013 10:21 PMPosted by Annimositty
99% of what Hearus says is usually spot on. I'm not sure why some of you argue with him/her...unless that's what you find fun rather than read some good advice.

I agree that he has some good info and does help often. But I also know he can be a real !@@!*@!# sometimes just for the sake of trying to demean innocent posters who are just looking for help.

It's a shame really.

Sometimes, it's too tempting. Have you ever read a Kenpo or Flaya post?
90 Human Paladin
Have you ever read a Kenpo or Flaya post?

Well those might be exceptions to the rule -.-
100 Gnome Mage
Mojo is fun, takes less damage from undead, and does extra. He is a double counter.
Other frogs work too, but Mojo is unique.

You can also try leveling one of those frogs from Isle of Thunder, catch them at lvl 23 or so. (also unique move set).

Rest of the frogs are copy pasted.

There are 16 frogs/toads which share the exact same moveset. Some differ in stat distribution or in skin colour, but they are basically the same. Mojo is just one more frog - same moves in the same positions and unremarkable stats.

A rather nice frog you can catch wild is Leopard Tree frog. It has the same moves as Mojo and the rest, but it can be found in a breed 5, (S/S) giving a rare a speed of 325 at level 25.

The Swamp Croaker you mention from Isle of Thunder is worth catching too. You want a breed 12 of that; it's much better than the other breed, (3) which it also comes in.

Edit: Oopsies - this was meant to go in an entirely different thread which apparently disappeared in between me reading it and posting ...
Edited by Kailassa on 5/13/2013 4:32 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
05/12/2013 10:21 PMPosted by Annimositty
just for the sake of trying to demean innocent posters who are just looking for help.

Please link up some examples of this. Truly innocent posters get replies with advice from me be it the first time a question is asked or the 1000th time it is asked.

No people who post things like I only pet battled because of an exploit and now that is gone I will no long pet battle or people with made up stats and complaints(the flayaeffect) such as power x never hits or power x/pet x is clearly overpowered because I don't like it don't expect me to handle people like that with kid gloves. With that said the worst thing I will tell someone is they are being silly(in reference to made up stats generally) or good riddance(to people who aren't really here for pet battles. A good many other posters though who seem to not like don't hesitate to drop insults but never really notice the hypocrisy in it.
74 Troll Shaman
I have found it easier to get wins with a level 25 team than with a lower level team... simply due to the fact that I do not ever find myself facing opponent teams that are higher level than mine at level 25.

As for the "doing it my way is 'legit' and any other way is not" posts... /LOL
90 Goblin Hunter
"any other way is not"

Please find the part where I said this.

I can wait.

What I said is that fighting at lv5-7 is easier. I find it akin to comparing the lv20 lowbie pvp bracket to RBGs at 90.

And even lv7 pvp is worlds more "legit" than win-trading for your achievement, in my not so humble opinion.

/shrug
Edited by Triggers on 5/13/2013 10:59 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
05/13/2013 10:48 AMPosted by Triggers
What I said is that fighting at lv5-7 is easier.

No, what you actually said was this.

05/11/2013 06:24 PMPosted by Triggers
Am I the only one who did it the legit way in the lv25 PvP queue?

Implying that level 25s is the only legit way to do it.

No you didn't say it word for word. It is however pretty easy to read.
90 Goblin Hunter

Apparently, it isn't. It was really 2 statements in one sentence.

"Am I the only one who did it the legit way" AND "in the lv25 PvP queue".

The 7-8 posts prior to mine are talking about win-trading or how to game forfeiting to get the achievement, hence the "legit way". Maybe you didn't read them in your haste to defend your virtual honor, or whatever.

The lv25 PvP queue part was simply stating that I did it w/out win-trading or forfeit exploiting in the max level queue (which I already established that I feel is harder than fighting a bunch of lv5 teams, but I digress..).

I don't honestly care what level you did it (though I'm perfectly entitled to feel proud for having done it at max level), but I have made mention that I think that win-trading or trying to exploit forfeit mechanics for it is cheap. Several times now, actually.

You were the one who decided to make it ALL about the levels and less about the method itself in your reply, and still continue to do so.

It seems to me that you're just upset that I deemed lowbie pet battles to be an easier challenge than fighting against max-level teams.
90 Goblin Death Knight
this achievement is really stupid, but it's bugged when i did it on january 13, you start at 1/5, so now you only need 4, then you have to come up against someone you can dominate, and beat his moral so bad that he forfeits, so like beat them twice without losing a pet, and then he forfeits the next two cause he's so scared of you, that's how i did it
74 Troll Shaman

If that was really the message you wanted to convey, then you were not clear. Your post came across as not only against the win trading, forfeiting etc, but as saying that only the level 25 battles are "legit."

If you really intended to say that while you do not consider the methods of manipulating the achievement as "legit," but that doing it with lower level pets is, then you should not have included the part about doing it at level 25 in the same sentence (if at all).

As it is, you now look as if you are trying to backpedal on what you said. Methinks thou dost protest too much!
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB

If that was really the message you wanted to convey, then you were not clear. Your post came across as not only against the win trading, forfeiting etc, but as saying that only the level 25 battles are "legit."

If you really intended to say that while you do not consider the methods of manipulating the achievement as "legit," but that doing it with lower level pets is, then you should not have included the part about doing it at level 25 in the same sentence (if at all).

As it is, you now look as if you are trying to backpedal on what you said. Methinks thou dost protest too much!

What they said. You either needed to change your wording or use punctuation to change it to say what you 'intended' to say. As it is it pretty clearly states exactly what I said it did.
90 Goblin Hunter
What they said. You either needed to change your wording or use punctuation to change it to say what you 'intended' to say. As it is it pretty clearly states exactly what I said it did.

Hmm, I'm not at all backpedaling if you read at all what I've said in my posts. Perhaps I'm not as clear as I think I'm being, though.

I think that win-trading and trying to game forfeits is cheap.

I do, however, think that using low level pets for the achieve is a lot easier, though at least that is accomplishing the achievement more as it seems to be intended.

05/11/2013 09:47 PMPosted by Triggers
Perhaps not "less legit", but fighting level 7 pets is certainly a hell of a lot easier.

I responded to this thread originally because I was surprised by the number of posters who were resorting to win-trading or forfeit exploitation for the achievement. At least you actually did fight real opponents for yours.

Do I think that your way was easier? Yes. Do I care that you did it that way? Not really.

I'm not sure how much more clearly I can possibly say it.
Edited by Triggers on 5/14/2013 5:32 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Am I the only one who did it the legit way in the lv25 PvP queue?

Again what you initially said. Everything else is you trying to explain your way out. Notice how you placed and used your words and the lack of any punctuation to make it mean what you said it does.
Edited by Hearus on 5/14/2013 5:40 PM PDT
90 Goblin Hunter
Not "explain my way out", just elaborate since it became clear that you and others were only seeing part of what I meant by that statement. I realized how it came across, and I tried to explain myself more clearly w/ the following replies.

It's pretty obvious that I still believe that the 25 queue is a harder bracket to accomplish this achievement in. There's no need to "explain my way out" of something that is pure opinion.

I already conceded that "less legit" was probably bad wording days ago. If you're waiting for me to say that what you did was somehow just as hard as others who DID accomplish it in the 25 queue though, that's just not going to happen.

But hey, like I said, at least you actually fought real people for your achieve. That's something.

/shrug
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Not "explain my way out"

05/14/2013 06:40 PMPosted by Triggers
, and I tried to explain myself

90 Goblin Hunter
There's a difference between explaining your way out, and clarifying something that wasn't clear in the first place.

Nice try, though.

What exactly am I explaining my way "out" of?

Edit: You know what, never mind, this is childish and it's gone on long enough. I understand that you are a PvE pet battler who is upset that I made fun of your methods in earning the achievement.

I've already attempted to explain myself, and I'm done arguing w/ someone who is basically resorting to the forum equivalent of "nuh uh".
Edited by Triggers on 5/14/2013 8:00 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
05/14/2013 07:50 PMPosted by Triggers
I understand that you are a PvE pet battler

Amazing how your attitude toward people who don't play the game your version of the right way bleeds through in your post. Well played.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]