HPally Meta Gem

90 Human Paladin
Would you suggest the Courageous Primal Diamond or the Revitalizing Primal Diamond. I just not sure if the legendary gem is all that worth it due the long cast times and instant casts with GCD. What do you say?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It averages something like a 10-15% uptime. I'm willing to bet that equates to more mp/5 than the 432 spirit on the revitalizing.

And if you are tracking your auras you can easily use the 4 second window to drop at least one big heal, or a pair if you have an infusion proc, or even just bomb a FoL or two.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Never seen you around these parts before, Bas! I hope one of these awesome pallies can help you out. I love the legendary, not much of a question for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Its definitely worth it. You might want to get something to track it.

It's not as easy as some classes to make full use of it due to cd of Holy Shock, long casts and that a lot of our healing is free.

But if you pay attention to the procs and with some luck you can get some amazing use off it. At the least you should be able to pull off 2 FOL's if you don't think u can hit anything else.

If you get lucky too its very amazing with our aoe rotation. I gotten back to back procs and did full HR-HS-HR or HR-HR-HS rotations for free.

Definitely worth it and the more so with better gear.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Would you suggest the Courageous Primal Diamond or the Revitalizing Primal Diamond. I just not sure if the legendary gem is all that worth it due the long cast times and instant casts with GCD. What do you say?

The legendary is definitely worth it. By a long shot. I made a weak aura to alert me every time it procs. Add in FoL with the FoL glyph. Whoohoo good times.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have the legendary, and "not paying attention" to the procs yielded probably a 15% increase in longevity of mana. Once I added an event notifier to let my add-ons that bumped to 20~%.

By longevity, I mean I was about 15-20% ahead of where I would normally be when I burned regen cool downs (trinket, racial, plea, etc).

Timing is an issue, especially with reaction times. However, what is nice is that we are already reacting to other procs, so we intuitively take advantage of this anyways. The issue I encountered was DP procs for EF/LoD, which are mana free vs clearcasting procs. I would use the DP procs under the assumption that its opportunity cost was 3x HS (10k~ each) vs 1x DL or HR (20k each), as well as the overall larger healing and instant cast.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
The legendary gem is greatly overpowered. Abuse it.
Reply Quote
36 Human Warlock
Use the legendary meta.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
To give a clearer picture, as if the people above already haven't done so, I'll add in some math.

This item has, from what I've read, 1.4 RealPPM. This means that it will, on average, proc once every 42 seconds. Now, haste improves these odds, but we're not casting non-stop, so once every 45 seconds seems a more measurable value.

Each time it procs, 4 seconds of free casting. Ideally, you'd fit in two Flash of Lights for super awesomeness. This may not always happen, however, if you don't catch it right away, or if you're already in the middle of, say, casting a cheap Holy Light. Still, we can safely assume that, on average, even without paying much attention, you'd be able to fit in ONE heavy mana spell each time it procs, be it Divine Light, Flash of Light, or Holy Radiance. Thus, you'd likely be saving 21,600 mana each and every proc.

21,600 mana in 45 seconds, or 2,400 Mp5, or about 4,250 Spirit. For basic usage. If you miss many procs and accidentally cast free spells during its duration, or cheap spells like Hands and Holy Shock, or if it unfortunately occurs during a lull, you get less effective Spirit. If you're diligent, you can get upwards of 8k Spirit out of it, but that's pretty unrealistic. In either case, it's easily as strong as any trinket, or like having a 4-set bonus all to itself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
what if i used Holy radiance during the few seconds its up?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Then your HR is free.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/20/2013 10:01 AMPosted by Tiriel

Then your HR is free.

i meant would it give me more HPS/Mp5 then throwing 2 FoL out
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

Probably not.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Flash of Light is 22,680 mana. Holy Radiance is 21,600. Divine Light is 21,600. It doesn't matter which spells you cast during the 4 seconds that you have. The best usage is to spend as much mana as possible, in general. Holy Radiance is, unfortunately, 2.5 second cast time, though most people can get this down to 2 seconds. Without an Infusion of Light proc, though, you'd only be able to really fit one of them in without having a haste buff such as Divine Favor or Bloodlust. As such, two FoL would be pretty solid.

But you do make a point with the HPS factor. FoL is not incredible HPS. In fact, you need to cast them both on Beacon in order to to surpass a Holy Radiance with its guaranteed +1 Holy Power AND it's Daybreak bonus.

Hmm. Tough numbers. 2 FoL + 2 Holy Power vs. 1 HR + 1 HP + 1 Daybreak charge. I need to log back on and do some math to find out which is better based upon overheal. I'll edit this post in a second.

Edit:

Alright, some rough numbers just to give us a ballpark figure. Assume 30% Mastery, 60% beacon, and 20% crit.

FoL is 57k + 11.4k Crit + 17.1k Mastery = 85.5 heal. Times 2. Plus 2 HP. Not considering overheal yet.

HR is (32k + 80k AoE) + 22.4k Crit + 33.6k Mastery + 24.2k Beacon + Daybreak (42k + 18.9 crit + 18.3 Mastery + 11k Beacon). Plus 1 HP. Still not considering overheal.

So...

FoL = 171k healing + 2 HP.
HR = 282.4k healing + 1HP.

1 HP, assuming Divine Purpose and Eternal Flame... 131k healing.
Additionally,

So without any kind of overheal, two FoL's at 300k compared to 280k of HR. And assuming you have the proper talents and use EF more frequently. Other clauses: FoL can be overheal if the tank is topped off. HR is less valuable if there are fewer than 6 targets hit, or if they are topped off. Tank Mastery more likely to be consumed than raider Masteries. Using two FoL's also means more EF's, which means less IH overheal.

End summary: Surprisingly, they both really kind of balance out! If the tank (or beacon swap raider) can use both FoL's, it's a good choice. But if you have a cluster of people that can benefit from HR, you aren't hurting yourself any by using it instead. If nobody is hurt, either hit the tank with some Mastery shields and store the delicious Holy Power, or else throw out a Radiance in order to build Daybreak procs and potentially refresh IM's that you already have out.

EDIT AGAIN: Forgot about 2-piece T-15 adding +50% to Daybreak, and I didn't actually add in DP proc chance. So it's 346k for FoL versus 327k of HR.
Edited by Wards on 5/21/2013 7:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Um. Well.

Bati is me. :-\ Stupid forums not letting me change my picture.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Have you've ever healed within the window of the Tslong fight on day phase?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
87954717747:
<blockquote data-quote="87955219428" class="quote-public"><div><span class="bml-quote-date">05/20/2013 10:01 AM</span>Posted by <a href="8796660602?page=1#11">Tiriel</a></div>

Then your HR is free. </blockquote>

No but it will generate a HoPo, and a Daybreak (also generating a HoPo), leading to a EF/WoG/LoD, which will modify your overall HPS & HPM through creative proc usage.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
The legendary meta is worlds better than the normal ones, even if you didn't track the proc buff, it's still better.

If you do track it, it gets to the point that it's so good it starts to devalue spirit.

Track it, abuse it, profit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]