Divine Protection

90 Orc Monk
So, after two games where I died from full health with eternal flame on me from 100-0, all while having Divine Protection up against a Shadowpriest/Mage team...

Is it bugged? Seriously? Has anyone ever run any tests on it? Because that's some bull!@#$. You should be rewarded for predicting a swap and using a defensive cooldown. Something just doesn't seem right, like there is a coding error or something? I still got hit by an 80k frostbolt?

Yeah, that's correct. A frostbolt hit me for 80k while I had a 40% reduced magic reduction cooldown up.

Someone run some damn tests, I really don't think it's working as intended.

Edit: 67% Resil, by the way.
Edited by Ogedei on 5/13/2013 5:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Shadowpriest/Mage team...

I think that's the main problem right there. Even with DP those !@#$ers hit wayyyy to hard that even I think it would basically overpower DP and wipe you the %^-* out.

One of them (if not both) probably blew all their CD's just to do it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Yeah, but 80k frostbolt? And the Shadowpriest only did maybe 60k of the 400k damage it took to kill me in the deepfreeze. I really think there's like a coding error with it, like if you DP all spells don't factor resilience or something.

You're probably right though, but still... makes me mad.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Yeah, but 80k frostbolt? And the Shadowpriest only did maybe 60k of the 400k damage it took to kill me in the deepfreeze. I really think there's like a coding error with it, like if you DP all spells don't factor resilience or something.

You're probably right though, but still... makes me mad.

Wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of glitch error with DP. I've had it up before and still got wiped the floor with by said class. Not to mention even being at 66% resilience before, I'd still get hit by 115+ Chaos Bolts with DP up. Even DP being one of our very few and very limited defensive CD's as said before by a handful of other Rets, it just flat out needs to be able to be used while we have no control over our character I.E: Fear/Deep Freeze. Not saying it would drastically improve our survivability, but any little thing counts and it could always be a game changer.

Good luck though, many feel PvP is as broken as it's ever been and in a lot of cases I can see it myself. I guess we'll see how 5.3 turns out and hope it will turn the naysayers into believers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mage+spriest synergy simply destroys hpaladins. I'm built total tank and mages can still 100%-0 me within their combo with ease, without divine prot up.

Spriest can get close - but not quite. Both together can easily take out all your HP.

The nerfs to Incanter's ward will help with mage's retarded burst, but in general you have to avoid getting deep froze in a place where both will be able to hit you. If you have dots on you from the spriest you have to cleanse them immediately and save your trinket or bubble for when you get caught in a bad spot.

Also, post on your paladin when you're talking about paladin forums. Certain things like speccing Unbreakable Spirit can help. Position yourself to where los-ing the spriest is always just side stepping once. The killer unit is really the spriest. Avoid letting him too close - they don't really have super speed or anything. If your team attacks them and keeps a slow on him it can be very difficult for him to do much. Mage combos only work when they get ccs on your whole team - Glyph of Turn Evil needs to be on for every Psyfiend to keep your arena partners safe, and cleansing full dura polymorphs and fears needs to be priority.

It's typically fairly easy to tell when people are switching to someone by body language. Everyone has it in WoW simply because to cast a spell on you they have to be facing you. Use this to your advantage.

Edit: Another thing, watch for Tailoring+Engineering procs. Most mages line this up very well at high ratings, and with PvE trinkets now they can easily double their int, making flattening a simply 400k hp instantaneous. Imagine a PvE mob with 1.2m hp. How long does it take you to burst that down? That's what players are with 66% resil. It's truly nothing.
Edited by Iltareh on 5/14/2013 10:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Divine Protection is fine. It's just the fact that you got out-classed. Blizzard's balance at its finest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]