void Storage issues

100 Gnome Death Knight
Is there any list of items not allowed in? I seem to have a few items that simply aren't available to be placed in the storage for no real reason
The items are not unique or ilevel items.

Some that I've ran into problems so far are from Ulduar

Iron Riveted War helm
Vulmir (1h mace)
Warblades of the Hakkari
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Void storage requirements:

Nothing with the "unique" label
Must be soulbound
Nothing that "stacks"
If it's something that has a limited number of uses (charges) it must have all of it's charges present (aka: be unused)
If you put something into void storage with a gem, enhancement, or mogging effect on it, such extras will be removed from the item and lost.

I'm not sure why your items aren't working with it, as your items seem to fit all the qualifications.
Edited by Avanna on 5/14/2013 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've run into an item or two that couldn't be placed in it as well, even though they met all the criteria.

You might try placing it in your bags and doing a repair, and then retrying. There is some type of damage that can still be applied to items in your bags (even if you've never worn them). general damage from monsters or being killed PVE type damage no longer affects items you are carrying (any more) - but something does. I've many times had to repair items that I carried around for a while before I could list them on the AH.

I'd planned to try the repair option the next time I ran into something that I couldn't place in void storage that I couldn't determine a reason why, but it hasn't happened again since I realized that some things that shouldn't have been damaged were.

<S>
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
general damage from monsters or being killed PVE type damage no longer affects items you are carrying (any more) - but something does

Using the spirit healer. The extra durability damage penalty applies to all items your character is carrying, both equipped and not equipped.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
And something else besides the spirit healer. I've had this issue even though I never used the spirit healer, and it's only a few percent of damage to the item, rather than the 25% that a spirit rez causes.

I'd thought it might be fall damage, but if so, it seems inconsistent.

<S>
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
05/14/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Sylth
I realized that some things that shouldn't have been damaged were.

keep in mind, that durability on some items was raised a while back.
If you'd had any of these items in your inventory, or in the bank, they would be deemed "damaged" due to the raise in durability.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
That's an interesting possibility. I was rotating through an entire GB nearly full of gear at one point on the AH, but since I would often find myself packing expired auction pieces around for a while before I'd get back to the bank, I thought that I was causing the "damage".

And it would certainly explain why I've been unable to reproduce it.

<S>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]