[PvP server] Which class next for PVP?

35 Tauren Paladin
Hello all.
I play on a PvP server and i'm returning from a 5 month break, though it will probably be another month when i'm back, but since 5.3 won't hit yet and it will be in full swing by the time i come i wanted to get a feel for which of my lower level toons to work on bringing to 90. I've only briefly followed the notes so I'm not 100% up to date on what to expect for 5.3 as far as classes go.

Hi forum.

These are my current mains:

level 90 Tauren Druid (feral)
level 90 Troll Shaman (resto/ele)

And these are ones i'm working on to have as my other 90's:

level 87 Goblin Mage (fire/frost)
level 86 Orc Death Knight (unholy/blood tank)
level 85 Undead Warlock (affliction/demo)
level 82 Troll Druid (resto/balance)

These are my other toons, though I need to have at least 2 as dedicated bank alts (which are currently my hunter & rogue).

level 68 Goblin Warrior
level 49 Orc Hunter
level 35 Tauren Paladin
level 32 Troll Rogue
level 20 Undead Monk

I feel like I have a good balance of melee, caster and heals so i could go for either of these. I like all aspects of pvp equally, from world pvp to RBG to Arena, so please take that into account.

Thanks!
Edited by Moosader on 5/16/2013 12:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
I wouldn't even know where to begin taking an educated guess, but if it were me, I'd want to avoid fumbling with a level 80 toon that has a bunch of abilities and mechanics that I didn't learn to use through regular leveling. So I suppose something else to consider is, do you think you could pick up a level 80 monk easily enough to skip 60 levels, or do you think the warrior or paladin might be easier to learn? And do you prefer the monk and paladin more than the rogue and hunter enough to not just make one (or both) of them your bank alts instead?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
cant go wrong with Rogue :D super fun especially in world PVP
Reply Quote
With only having taken a 5 month break, how are you getting a boost to level 80?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
With only having taken a 5 month break, how are you getting a boost to level 80?

Yeah, I thought that was weird too. Perhaps the OP thinks the current SoR program still includes the "inactive for 6 or more months" stipulation?

OP: the only people who can receive an SoR are those who have been inactive before March 4th (6th?) of 2012. That's it. It's not a continually rolling deadline like in the past. If your account has been active since then, no SoR.

Yes even if your last batch of gametime ran out on March 7th 2012 (just a couple days after that date) you are ineligible for the SoR program even today. Yes, this also means that players who ran out of gametime on March 3rd 2012 (just a day before that date) could get all those perks immediately on the 4th when the program debuted.

So unless you have a second WoW account that HAS been inactive since before that date, you're out of luck.
Reply Quote
35 Tauren Paladin
Thanks for the clarification. I must have misread the year! I suppose in that case my options are limited. I do intend to restart, so I guess keep the suggestions coming.

Edited title as well.
Reply Quote
35 Tauren Paladin
cant go wrong with Rogue :D super fun especially in world PVP

True. And my rogue will have engineering for added wPvP fun. I'm only concerned about leveling speed because I prefer to have around a 30% questing 70% dungeon leveling strategy. Seems like DPS queues get longer as I level up (I know this from the mage).

Perhaps i'm spoiled, but having leveled a tank (warr) and healer (druid) recently I'm somewhat used to having instant queues. :)
Reply Quote
20 Draenei Shaman
definitely go rogue

I made 2 twink horde rogues and gank redridge daily-over 10k world killing blows, never gets old
Reply Quote
True. And my rogue will have engineering for added wPvP fun. I'm only concerned about leveling speed because I prefer to have around a 30% questing 70% dungeon leveling strategy. Seems like DPS queues get longer as I level up (I know this from the mage).

Perhaps i'm spoiled, but having leveled a tank (warr) and healer (druid) recently I'm somewhat used to having instant queues. :)
Quest while you queue, eventually forget that you were even queued and continue on to blues and dings. You do get a decent amount of experience from battlegrounds as well - maybe not the most amazing but PvP is much more fun than Gnomer over and over. Dungeon and quest from ?0 to ?3 or ?5 to ?8 and BG for the last two levels of the bracket.

It helps to supplement your non-heirloom slots (if you have those) for PvP and helps with figuring out the fundamentals of a class early on. Though rogues are disproportionately easier at low levels vs end game when you have to hit more than two buttons to brutally murder someone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Anything with stealth or a shadow priest
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]