Shield Slam

68 Worgen Warrior
I hate to speak out against an ability of my own class but...shield slam is realllly strong. Fighting mobs my own level it almost always leaves them a shot or two away from death. In dungeons it's great and all, but it is making questing just....way to easy. I don't expect much of a challenge in questing mind but, even still.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
Shield Slam is very strong, and will always be your strongest ability for single target damage and threat.

That said, it's scaling is currently out of whack at low levels. It is getting nerfed below level 85 in the next push.
Reply Quote
68 Worgen Warrior
Strangely, I am actually kinda glad to hear that.
Reply Quote
Yeah because Lazy !@# blizzard can't Hotfix it. lets wait another month so I can enjoy pvp as a lowbie. 4177 Hit shield slam today.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Kind of funny how Blizzard claims not to be concerned with low level balance (just take a look at Rogue Ambushes in lowbie BGs). Yet now Blizzard is nerfing Shield Slam at lowbie levels, the first time i can remember of Blizzard actually balancing a lowbie ability.
Of course, if it's about nerfing Warriors at any stage, then Ghostcrawler is all for it.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
wait another month

The patch is on tuesday.

actually balancing a lowbie ability.

You must have not been around for low level Shockadins early this expac. They would literally one shot anyone, was much more OP than prot warriors and was fixed quite quickly. You must also have not been around for penance one shotting people, which was also fixed.
Edited by Aiyanna on 5/17/2013 8:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
thats why i'm lvling my warrior trough BGs
i'm just having too much fun 1shoting people with shield slam and /gloat them before spirit release.
Reply Quote
yep, this is me 1shoting ur lowbie !@# and gloating about it
Edited by Cthulhuh on 5/17/2013 8:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Yeah because Lazy !@# blizzard can't Hotfix it. lets wait another month so I can enjoy pvp as a lowbie. 4177 Hit shield slam today.

makes me wonder if paladins are still one shotting people with avenger's shield and doing ridiculous damage with harsh word

yep, this is me 1shoting ur lowbie !@# and gloating about it

you're doin' god's work
Reply Quote
94 Goblin Shaman
Too bad by the time you're 90 prot warrior damage is garbage in PvP and SS is laughable.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior

makes me wonder if paladins are still one shotting people with avenger's shield and doing ridiculous damage with harsh word

Anvenger's Shield and Harsh Word still do hit pretty damn hard. Probably ~25-30% each with a full BoA paladin.
Reply Quote
24 Human Warrior
It was great at the 19 bracket. No Heirlooms just blues and greens. And one shotting druids. Then charge to a Warlock and watch the insta fear. but I prefer my big ol' whoopin stick.
Reply Quote
It was great at the 19 bracket. No Heirlooms just blues and greens. And one shotting druids. Then charge to a Warlock and watch the insta fear. but I prefer my big ol' whoopin stick.

we can beat 2-3 at the same time, i believe until we hit 80 at least
Reply Quote
24 Human Warrior
Even better is when you have all the healers pocket healing you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Anvenger's Shield and Harsh Word still do hit pretty damn hard. Probably ~25-30% each with a full BoA paladin.

i suspected as much

i was leveling a ret paladin a few months ago and was dishing out 23k wogs at like, level 73? I one shot myself on Omrok just as his Spell Reflection came up. =*(
Edited by Warbourne on 5/17/2013 11:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
05/17/2013 11:16 PMPosted by Warbourne

i suspected as much

i was leveling a ret paladin a few months ago and was dishing out 23k wogs at like, level 73? I one shot myself on Omrok just as his Spell Reflection came up. =*(

Keg Smash was hitting for over 1k on my sub level 50 monk not that long ago and she's fully BoA'd out.

That being said, NERF WARRIORS. :P
Reply Quote
48 Human Rogue

*Harsh Words:*

You're mother wears army boots!!

Enemy:
*Sniffling* You bastard leave my mother out of this!! *Begins to cry*

*Enemy suffers 2433 damage from harsh insults*
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Priest
flux this you all are cry babys , im a rogue i should be killing everyone , boo hoo im a hunter i should be able to kite warriors and not die boo hoo is all i here from you children . so what shield slam cant one shot everyone. and io would like to thank blizz for making me have to erase my pvp warrior low level toon,. OK HOW ABOUT THIS BLIZZ DRUIDS ARE TO FAST AT LOW LEVELS CATCHING THEM IS A PAIN, HUNTERS ARE STILL OP , PALLYS CAN HEAL THEM SELVES , MAGES CAN FREEZE YOU ALL DAY, PRIEST ARE OP ALL AROUND, WARLOCS DOT AND WATCH YOU DIE. ROGUES CAN STUN YOU FOREVER AND DO AWSOME DAMAGE, MONKS ARE I WOULD SAY THE ONLY BALANCE PVP CLASS RIGHT NOW. ALL US WARRIORS HAVE ARE SHIELD SLAM BECAUSE OUR DPS AT THAT LEVEL I CANT EVEN HIT PPL I CHARGE AND MISS THEY RUN I GET MURDERED IT MADE WARRIORS FARE DONT CARE WHAT YOU ALL SAY. THIS IS BULL GWANO . THNX FOR PERTENDING TO LISTEN I GUESS EITHER I PLAY MY HUNTER AND OWN OR I GET RID OF MY 8 YEAR ACCOUNT BECAUSE THIS IS MESSED UP WE HAVE NOTHING .

SINCERELY
CLYDEISM TAUREN HORDE
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Priest
NERF HEALERS AT LOW LEVEL PVP IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO .
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
flux this you all are cry babys , im a rogue i should be killing everyone , boo hoo im a hunter i should be able to kite warriors and not die boo hoo is all i here from you children . so what shield slam cant one shot everyone. and io would like to thank blizz for making me have to erase my pvp warrior low level toon,. OK HOW ABOUT THIS BLIZZ DRUIDS ARE TO FAST AT LOW LEVELS CATCHING THEM IS A PAIN, HUNTERS ARE STILL OP , PALLYS CAN HEAL THEM SELVES , MAGES CAN FREEZE YOU ALL DAY, PRIEST ARE OP ALL AROUND, WARLOCS DOT AND WATCH YOU DIE. ROGUES CAN STUN YOU FOREVER AND DO AWSOME DAMAGE, MONKS ARE I WOULD SAY THE ONLY BALANCE PVP CLASS RIGHT NOW. ALL US WARRIORS HAVE ARE SHIELD SLAM BECAUSE OUR DPS AT THAT LEVEL I CANT EVEN HIT PPL I CHARGE AND MISS THEY RUN I GET MURDERED IT MADE WARRIORS FARE DONT CARE WHAT YOU ALL SAY. THIS IS BULL GWANO . THNX FOR PERTENDING TO LISTEN I GUESS EITHER I PLAY MY HUNTER AND OWN OR I GET RID OF MY 8 YEAR ACCOUNT BECAUSE THIS IS MESSED UP WE HAVE NOTHING .

SINCERELY
CLYDEISM TAUREN HORDE

NERF HEALERS AT LOW LEVEL PVP IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO .

Go outside.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]