Come sing with Ashishishe! And 3000+ others!

TLDR: http://ericwhitacre.com/the-virtual-choir/welcome

Full version: Hey all! This is Ashishishe, posting on my friend Rosefina's account.

The official announcement about Virtual Choir 4 has JUST been made. I've heard the music and it is GORGEOUS.

The short of it is, I would like to cordially invite ANYONE on Thorium Brotherhood who either sings - or has an interest in maybe perhaps TRYING to sing - for an opportunity that will truly be once in a lifetime.

This piece of music, when completed, will be premiered at Buckingham Palace at the coronation festival gala this July.

In addition to the classical choral component, it will have elements of trance, electronica, and dubstep, and it will be made available for DJs around the world to remix as they please - organic and shifting as other musicians decide to incorporate it into their own projects. To my knowledge, Eric Whitacre is the only classical conductor to allow such open use of his material.

I participated in the previous Virtual Choir, and I can say it was one of the most touching times of my life, and a period during which I've been truly proud to be human, and see just what we are capable of. 3000+ people participated in the choir from over 72 countries around the world (including some who traditionally consider each other enemies) and the result sounded like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u3HfS-ZeF34#!

If you are interested but feel that your own singing is inadequate, Eric himself assures you that it's not something to worry about - not only is FREE online training being made available for this project, any mistakes will be evened out by your fellow singers. It's part of what makes choral singing on such a massive scale so awesome. If you put in the work to record a video of yourself, the video and your voice WILL be included. No audition is required.

72 countries were represented in our last project. I'd like to see two Warcraft factions represented as well this time, if possible. Plus, it would be a blast to have some old buddies or rivals from Thorium Brotherhood come on board with the project, and maybe even participate with the community.

If you're interested, copy/paste the link below, and check out the video.

Do hurry, it's an easy piece to learn but we have only until June 10 to complete and submit audio/video recordings. Hope to see some familiar names on board!

http://ericwhitacre.com/the-virtual-choir/welcome
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]