The State of Raiding on Norgannon

90 Draenei Priest
Hello everyone.

As everyone is probably aware, the state of raiding on Norgannon has decreased both in quality and quantity over the past few years. In particular the last tier of raiding was difficult for many guilds, and two of the top 6 guilds on the server ended up server transferring because they were unable to fill their raid spots and keep solid recruits. Losing guilds to server transfers has been an ongoing issue on Norgannon for several years, but the loss of two more guilds during the same week was a serious blow to our server. To put a number to this phenomenon- less than 10 alliance guilds fully cleared last tier on normal before the nerf/next patch and two of those guilds left- that's a significant number of our capable raiders. In addition, several other top 20 guilds have either disbanded or stopped raiding. There are now fewer guilds clearing content on normal mode and more guilds that are having trouble filling raid spots.

As a result of this, I called together a meeting of GMs/officers of all of the alliance guilds who finished in the top 20 last tier. There were representatives from almost all the alliance guilds at this meeting. Only a couple chose not to attend. During this meeting, we discussed the ongoing issues on the server and how we can help improve server quality. We all exchanged our realids/battletags and formed a GM/officer chat channel to help the communication between guilds and also began to loan reserve raiders to each other to help fill raid spots. We decided, as a community, that not only were there not enough raiders (and the good raiders were spread between too many guilds), but that we all had to do something to hopefully stem the tide and the outflow of good players from Norgannon.

In our most recent meeting we decided that there are a few things that we can do as a group to help improve Norgannon. The first thing we are doing is creating a guild/recruitment directory and list on these forums. I have created a separate thread for people to post their guild and recruitment info. I plan on keeping this updated (similar to what Aultcare from Lacrimosa did in Cata) so that both guilds and raiders have an easy place to go to see who is recruiting.

We also decided that we needed to have a more hands-on approach with compelling new people to start raiding or getting old raiders back into the mix. A few days ago a few of us had a very productive late-night chat in Trade chat. I discussed with Proto/Retrabution (of Echelon/Reinstated) and Comet (of Megalomaniac) some of the things that I believed had made raiding on our server worse. During this chat, several people on the server chimed in that they either wanted to start raiding and had no way to do so (ie, they were just starting out and had no one to bring them into raids) or that they were formerly in a raiding guild that had fallen apart and they didn't have a raid group. We discussed this at the most recent meeting and decided to fix this problem more directly.

Essentially what we have decided to do is to start server pugs of prior-tier content and use it as a place to recruit and train new players. GMs, officers, and even some core raiders of various alliance raiding guilds will be hosting 25 man raids (and some 10 man raids), mostly on weekends, with the raid spots being open to anybody on the server that wants to raid and is willing to put in some effort. I hope that these raids will accomplish a few things
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
1- They will be a great place for someone who is looking for a raid team/guild to be able to play directly with GMs and officers that are recruiting. Hopefully this will result in people being matched with a guild that fits their needs and vice versa

2- They will be a good learning experience for those who have never raided normal modes before. We are looking at this as also a place to train people and give them tips to help improve their skills. Those who have never raided before but are willing to put in the time and effort to learn how to raid (and have a good attitude) are welcome and encouraged to join in these raids.

3- It will help foster a greater sense of community among the various guilds on the server.

In a separate thread I will be posting the details of these runs, along with how to sign up for them. I hope to get them up and going within a week or two at the most.

As a side note, we increased the number of guilds involved in the most recent GM meeting. If there are representatives (meaning officers or GMs) of any current raiding guilds that are currently not involved in the GM chat channel/meetings and you would like to be involved, please see myself or any of the people listed below for more information.

I also have a few other ideas in the works with regards to how to improve Norgannon, but I will be posting about those at a later date. For now, please see my two threads- one with the guild directory/listings and thread for information/sign up for the server pugs.

If anyone has any feedback or questions about these ideas feel free to post them here or see me in-game.

List of GMs/officers/representatives involved in this effort: myself (Goonies), Comet (Megalomaniac), Cerena (APATHY), Retrabution/Protoformx (Reinstated/Echelon), EI (Echelon), Kx (The Heroic), Silac (Elementally Challenged), Babatoongie (Death Star Orphans), Soria (The Heroic), Astue (Igni Ferroque), Chaospaladin (Reinstated), Xiae (The Clique), Hadorya (The Clique), Calib (Ominous Latin Phrase) Zeronemo (Far Riders), Xaine (The Clique). If I forgot anybody please let me know, the list has gotten quite big! :)

Thank you to all and happy raiding!
Edited by Cassandrae on 5/17/2013 10:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Reserved.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
you're so smart, are you still running around Norgannon naked?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Of course we are, this is Norgannon after all, we have to get our kicks somewhere.

And on a more relevant topic, I wholeheartedly support Cass. The server networking thing really helped our guild through a tough spot when we might have been one of those guilds that stopped raiding due to not having enough people. I'm eager to see how the 25's work out!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I also support this idea, and would be willing to help out with this and with any other questions people may have, whether it's how to play their class(I know how to play Shadow, Frost DK, and Resto Druid(sort of, I can get by <.<), but can help with other classes; how to do encounters, etc.

I really want Norg to be brimming with activity again; even though I've only been around since 4.2, even I've noticed the huge drop in population and raiders. I feel this is a great first step towards it, and am happy to see all the Gms working together to make it happen. Hopefully the 25 man format can also help with that.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I support Cass as well. I am always willing to help out how ever I can. Just let me know.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
This is a great idea, but we shall see how it turns out. Like Dylan I'll help out people in any way they need with regards to mechanics, playing their class, things of that nature. I consider myself knowledgeable in DK tanking, Prot Paladin, Mages (mostly fire/frost, I don't dable in arcane), I know the Hunter class quite well as well.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Hello All,

Thanks Cassandrae and all those who are spearheading this endeavor. I am the GM of Legendary Guardians and I heard of this through Astue of Igni Ferroque and a couple others. My guild is still new (level 7), however the people in it have raid experience from vanilla day.

I am willing to help out in what way that I can to see Norgannon prosper.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I used to run with Cassandrae last expansion and I tell you what, she is definitely a smart cookie and one of the best and most knowledgeable raiders I have ran with. I support her 100% and I think we need to take up the issue over here on Horde. There are only 3 raiding guilds that have pushed the content last patch and this patch. Disputed, KMS and Myrmidons.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
05/17/2013 11:30 PMPosted by Hadorya
I support Cass as well.

Norgannon naked?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
been around since the end of bc. back then norg was a much more active server and i would love to help other guilds and the server as a whole get back to glory days
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
AVR
Good job Cass.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I want to offer some helpful feedback but I don't believe anything I say will help this server, it's in the worst state I have ever seen it.

Good luck Norgannon.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
You say top 20 guilds, but do we even have that many actively doing progression? We just started raiding the newer content on a whim in that last month or so and are already 19th according to wow-heroes.

I think another thing to look at, and from what i've seen is that we do have alot of capable raiders yet, but they aren't raiding. I wonder if maybe we could appeal more to that pool of players as well?

When I started becoming interested my biggest issue was that the majority of the guilds have similiar raiding times. - something else that could be helping our downfall. Majority is key word.

Edit: for my horrible spelling abilities that some of you whom have encountered me are well aware i have.
Edited by Myrlyr on 5/21/2013 11:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I wholeheartedly support any effort to improve the raiding scene here on Norg. However, I must say that every time I'm trying to make an alt-run during prime time of an off-night, I'm usually met with only disappointment. I dispatch Ei, the Norgannon Whisperer, to look for a dps or two in all of the secret channels of communication and his cries are met with nothing but *crickets*. Makes me think that all of these sentiments are somewhat insincere.

Regardless, you can count me in for your list and w/e else you guys are cooking up. Now that 5.3 is here, it isn't very difficult to bring a char to 500 ilvl alone, which is certainly enough for normal mode raiding. If there is genuine interest out there, then -- with some effort and a little guidance -- some of these coals could be turned into diamonds. I'm always open to anyone seeking advice on any aspect of raiding.

--ZED
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
You say top 20 guilds, but do we even have that many actively doing progression? We just started raiding the newer content on a whim in that last month or so and are already 19th according to wow-heroes.

I think another thing to look at, and from what i've seen is that we do have alot of capable raiders yet, but they aren't raiding. I wonder if maybe we could appeal more to that pool of players as well?

When I started becoming interested my biggest issue was that the majority of the guilds have similiar raiding times. - something else that could be helping our downfall. Majority is key word.

Edit: for my horrible spelling abilities that some of you whom have encountered me are well aware i have.

We are trying to appeal to the group of raiders who either 1- are in a raiding guild that is now defunct or 2- have never raided before but really, really want to try.

As for raiding rankings, wowprogress.com is really the website you want to look at for rankings. We had a few more guilds last tier and I took all the alliance guilds from the top 20, but we are down to roughly 25-28 I believe raiding this tier between alliance and horde.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I wholeheartedly support any effort to improve the raiding scene here on Norg. However, I must say that every time I'm trying to make an alt-run during prime time of an off-night, I'm usually met with only disappointment. I dispatch Ei, the Norgannon Whisperer, to look for a dps or two in all of the secret channels of communication and his cries are met with nothing but *crickets*. Makes me think that all of these sentiments are somewhat insincere.

Regardless, you can count me in for your list and w/e else you guys are cooking up. Now that 5.3 is here, it isn't very difficult to bring a char to 500 ilvl alone, which is certainly enough for normal mode raiding. If there is genuine interest out there, then -- with some effort and a little guidance -- some of these coals could be turned into diamonds. I'm always open to anyone seeking advice on any aspect of raiding.

--ZED

Zed, I assure you that these sentiments are not insincere. I personally have lent out quite a few of my raiders' alts and/or my reserves for other guilds runs. Ask The Clique or APATHY, who seem to have benefitted the most from the GM chat channel and getting subs. That being said, TBH, the amount of people on the server who are on your level in terms of doing hardmodes are slim and thus your guild may benefit a tad less from this than others. That being said, for alt runs we should have a few people able and willing to go. I'm hoping that this will, over time, be a useful resource for all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah, I kind of fall into the group of people who really want to raid, and have alot of (raid ready toons), But just dont have a solid home yet. Like right now, im hoping to find a good raiding guild or guilds to plant my toons in and hopefully get some serious raiding and content done. Because I have been on norgannon for a while now and things have deteriorated badly i was thinking about server transferring but i don't have the money and Frankly i would rather just stay here and try to find a good raiding home. So hopefully this little raid get together (which i signed up for) Turns out well and i get somewhere awesome and so do tons of others because i would really like to enjoy raiding once again.
Reply Quote
96 Human Death Knight
Kinda sad to hear about how my old server is doing, been over a year since I left, I see a name or two I recognize here, I don't know how you guys manage to put up with everything that goes on in that server, maybe one day I'll make a toon and pop in see if I cant find an old friend or two
Edited by Doviculas on 6/19/2013 9:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]