[A] Ignaeus Guard - KoS House [RP]

90 Human Paladin
The Ignaeus Guard is looking to bolster its ranks. This group of elite warriors are a section within the Keepers of Stromgarde. They defend from, and attack, the enemies of Stromgarde. They're primary goal is to keep the Officers of the Keepers alive no matter the cost.

The Ignaeus are held to a strict Vow of Silence (( IN RP )) in order to keep the information they hear during the company of the Officers a secret. This group goes through a great deal of training to be the best at what they do. They are not just simple body guards, but rather an intricate group that works tightly to ensure the security of Stromgarde.

We are the strong. Not everyone will be cut out for such an organization. Not many should apply. All applications will be looked at with care. If the application accepted, the weight of duty and responsibility will rest solely on your shoulders.

Think wisely on whether or not you wish to join.

Honor and Vengeance!

((The Ignaeus Guard are exactly as explained above. The requirments are as follows:

Level: 90
Race: Human
Class: Plate Wearers Only
Uniform: There are two, the Interim for recruits and the Official.
Training: One must complete the four training scenarios in RP to be ready to take the vow.

Although there is a vow, we do use emote commands to communicate military orders. And one can emote while in RP to play a vow of silence.

This RP style is for the experienced RPer or atleast skilled. If you are neither of the two, please don't waste your time or ours. You probably won't pass the training if you can't keep up in RP skill level.

More will be explained upon in game message.

If interested, contact me OOC in game, or on here. I will also reply to questions on here and in game. ))

LORE:
During the great Troll war when the humans of Strom allied with the elves of Quel’ Thalas. The humans rallied behind their greatest warlord, Ignaeus of Strom (Which later became known as Stromgarde.) Who later become known Ignaeus Trollbane and would birth the line of Kings who would rule Stromgarde for nearly 3000 years.

Ignaeus, decided that he would need an elite guard, people who he could trust and rely on to keep the secrets of his war room and personal life. He commanded his four generals to each bring him their most fearless and dependable warrior.

The four finest warriors stood before him. Trastal Bloodhammer of House Wolf-Bane, Vederick Swiftspear of the Foothills (know known as Hillsbrad), Dastran Shattersword of House Shattersword, and Raltrane Brightmane of House Strongsail.

He told these men “You will be my elite guard you will attend me in my war councils, and be my shield brothers on the battlefield. You will have the finest armor and best weapons our smiths can forge.” They agreed and swore to lay down their lives for his and keep his secrets to their graves.

However one amongst them was not so faithful, Raltrane Brightmane providing the Trolls information and battle-plans. For he thought the Trolls where sure to win and he wanted to have a head after the fighting was over. However, for all his efforts to keep his betrayal secret, Vederick became suspicious and followed him. He soon discovered what the traitor was doing and reported his findings to Ignaeus.

Raltrane was brought before the war council and was found a traitor to his people and sentenced to death. Trastal Bloodhammer carried out the execution, legend has it this is where he got his surname for the blood of the one he once considered brother, could not be removed from his hammer and was forever stained with Raltrane’s blood.

Because of this, the remaining three of the Ignaeus Guard agreed that something must be done to prevent this from happening again. It is not known who came up with the idea, but they agreed a vow of silence must be taken so battle knowledge may never again leave the safety of the war room. To achieve this powerful mages from Quel’ Thalas where brought to Strom, and weaved a powerful spell on four members of the guard (Raltrane was replaced but the histories tell nothing of his name nor deeds.)

However, after the death of Ignaeus, the guard was disbanded until Caretaker Emmery’s found a book thought to be lost. Showing in great detail, the working of the spell and the history of the guard itself. The book being brought to the attention of Lord Commander Vannik, thought that in this time of great peril a guard such as this would be of great use.

By how they die, we shall know them.

Book Five, Passage One; Histories of Stromgarde- Perenador Shattersword
Edited by Artuer on 5/15/2013 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
60 Human Priest
This sounds amazing. The individual who came up with this must be some kind of genius!
Edited by Perenador on 5/8/2013 1:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
/facepalm

oh Perenador, how you make me laugh
Edited by Belaal on 5/8/2013 2:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
oh Perenador, how you make me laugh

Not only is he funny but he is a genius!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
But all kidding aside, this is a great house and is a great rp experience and test to serious rpers.

Artuer, you seem to be capable of bringing the Ignaeus Guard to its full potential. I wish you the best of luck.

- Perenador Shattersword
-Teirvel Stromsbane

By how they die, we shall know them.
Edited by Trastal on 5/8/2013 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
(( Very interesting. Best of luck to your new order. ))
Reply Quote
42 Worgen Druid
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
(( thank you for the good wishes :) ))
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Bump))
Reply Quote
While I was not previously under the impression that the Keepers of Stromgarde were instruments of the Kingship of the East to such an advanced degree, this flamboyant veneration of their dead hero, Ignaeus Thrum, proves otherwise. While House Thrum's exploits were of minor note in Arathor's storied history, such revisionism demonstrated here serves only to shed light on the vicious reality that has befallen the Alliance; bereft of capable heroes to deliver them from current trials, they instead venerate their fallen ones, that their memory will hearten them where news of the front cannot.

Woe that, in this case, the hero they choose to deify is not even of their own ilk.
Reply Quote
92 Human Warrior
While I was not previously under the impression that the Keepers of Stromgarde were instruments of the Kingship of the East to such an advanced degree, this flamboyant veneration of their dead hero, Ignaeus Thrum, proves otherwise. While House Thrum's exploits were of minor note in Arathor's storied history, such revisionism demonstrated here serves only to shed light on the vicious reality that has befallen the Alliance; bereft of capable heroes to deliver them from current trials, they instead venerate their fallen ones, that their memory will hearten them where news of the front cannot.

Woe that, in this case, the hero they choose to deify is not even of their own ilk.

I, uh... I'm just going to assume that this is some elaborate inside joke that I have no knowledge of.
Reply Quote

This one needs to learn his history.

((

http://www.wowpedia.org/Ignaeus

))
Edited by Florena on 5/12/2013 7:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ah, forgive me, for I was of the belief that no order so wizened, so depleted and so time-ravaged, unrecognizable from its once glorious past, would dare lay claim to the hallowed name of the First Trollbane. Hardly content with the minor heroes of Arathor's recent past, instead these vassals of Da'kien desecrate the name of a proud hero with their pretension and unsurpassed hubris. It is quite becoming, I find, that such a revelation would be delivered by one of Da'kien's own; proof that Stromgarde's hand is staid until a higher power is consulted.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ah, forgive me, for I was of the belief that no order so wizened, so depleted and so time-ravaged, unrecognizable from its once glorious past, would dare lay claim to the hallowed name of the First Trollbane. Hardly content with the minor heroes of Arathor's recent past, instead these vassals of Da'kien desecrate the name of a proud hero with their pretension and unsurpassed hubris. It is quite becoming, I find, that such a revelation would be delivered by one of Da'kien's own; proof that Stromgarde's hand is staid until a higher power is consulted.

((Stop making me like you with your fancy words :( ))
Reply Quote

Now you're just being silly. Ignaeus Thrum was likely named after this ancient hero as an infant, decades and decades before the Kingship existed. Infact Thrum was older than even Hinik Da'kien. It's a common practice really to name children after great figures in the past, or has your rot addled brain forgotten that? If you think Da'kien was the one to name Ignaeus your mind is even further gone than I thought.

As for the Keepers of Stromgarde, the only reason I'm here is that you started spouting nonsense that involved the Kingship, and a great man that died in its service. If you want to spin that into some crazy conspiracy theory feel free, but I doubt anyone but Ravenhul will take it seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
((Okay I'm sorry, a little confused here. Does he think we named the Guard after Ignaeus Thrum? It's actually a name we took from the Lore of Stromgarde. Read up on it... I won't recite it on here...

Note: I learned something in a few writing classes during Univ. The idea of writing "smart" is not to over inflate your sentences with words that only sound intelligent. A good writer will in fact write so that everyone can clearly understand, and that way his intent is not spoiled by vocabulary that only comes off as pertentious. And please don't take this as an insult... I can't word it any better so that it won't sound like one. ))
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Warlock
hi i dont usually post ooc in a thread after ive posted ic, but youre quite confused. let me please explain.

ignaeus is the name of the man from which the trollbane dynasty is descended. in addition, it was the name of a member of the kingship of the east that died in arathor. he was likely named after the historic, royal trollbane. that is irrelevant. my character is belitting you and your guild by saying that you are not worthy of carrying the name and banner of ignaeus trollbane, and so instead you must be carrying the name and banner of ignaeus thrum.

also, i would like to draw attention to the fact that my characters are almost always pedantic and pretentious by design. that is my intent. the words that my characters use and the expressions, figures of speech and insults they utilize are chosen so that they further that intent.

i would caution you on your implicit separation of people into good and bad writers based on really brief exchanges. that kind of thinking can really color your outlook in a lot of negative ways, and also, it makes you a poorer reader.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
(( Well that clears things up, and my advice still stands, as I take yours in turn. Thanks for replying. ))
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
bump))
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
For those that are interested, Artuer has come up with some pretty interesting RP methods to make up for the fact that your character cannot speak. It's not as boring (of for non-RPers, as easy) as it sounds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]