Frost DK dps macro

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hi, so i'm a frost dk, 2hand axe, and i dps. I'm also a noob to macros and would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me build a burst dps macro for PvE. Any help is appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
/facepalm
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
You need a macro to cast Obliterate?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
You need a macro to cast Obliterate?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
/cast Raise Dead
/cast Blood Fury
/cast Pillar of Frost
/use Potion of Mogu Power
/use 13
/use 14
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
/cast Raise Dead
/cast Blood Fury
/cast Pillar of Frost
/use 13
/use 14

Move raise dead to the bottom, and the trinkets will be good once he gets some. :) Using them now would do nothing. One has no use, and the other would summon a raccoon. Mad deeps. :P

Really though, as mentioned above, outside a burst macro like this, you don't need any dps macros. Keep up your diseases, and use procs dumping RP with Frost Strike.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
/cast Raise Dead
/cast Blood Fury
/cast Pillar of Frost
/use 13
/use 14

Move raise dead to the bottom, and the trinkets will be good once he gets some. :) Using them now would do nothing. One has no use, and the other would summon a raccoon. Mad deeps. :P

Really though, as mentioned above, outside a burst macro like this, you don't need any dps macros. Keep up your diseases, and use procs dumping RP with Frost Strike.

Semi related question. I don't generally blow cd's before aotd as I normally aotd as the pull is inc. Is pre-buffing for aotd worth the loss of melee uptime on the cooldowns?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
aotd takes a snapshot of your stats before its casted. If you have higher stats, your aotd is going to be stronger.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
aotd takes a snapshot of your stats before its casted. If you have higher stats, your aotd is going to be stronger.

I'm aware of that, cheers. What I'm asking is whether that army of the dead being boosted is worth having 5 seconds of my melee attacks not being boosted, or even more as I usually cast aotd pre pull, so prebuffing aotd is likely going to cost me 10 seconds of me having the buffs in melee range
Reply Quote
I usually prepot after casting Army due to the relatively high 4s casting time, I don't have theorycrafting numbers for which is better but that is what I personally do

I open with:
Army
pre-pot
Pillar of Frost
ghoul
apply diseases
rest of priority rotation
Reply Quote
pets/guardians actively scale with stats now

/cast Raise Dead
/cast Blood Fury
/cast Pillar of Frost
/use 13
/use 14

incorrect raise dead first to maximize gcds used, uptime of popped cds

pets actively scale with stats now no more snapshots
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
War
^what that guy said is true, only your diseases will snapshot
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

This has been changed with the release of MoP. Pets and minions now scale dynamically to your characters stats. Popping any kind of CD before casting army is a waste of uptime
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thank god someone clarified for me finally. I always wondered if pets still took snapshots. I was under the impression that they did, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
This is Valareth (the rogue who posted the macro).

Yeah, I know he doesn't have any good on-use trinkets yet. But that macro is futureproof for when he does. :-)

Another tip: disable error sounds in the interface or you will hear "That's not ready yet" way too much.

Ideally you'd want to summon your ghoul first and separately, because the ghoul takes a couple seconds to crawl out of the ground. But, personally, I'm ok with tiny DPS losses like that. I'm all for "trimming the fat" from my rotations and maximizing DPS, but there are cut-off points for me. And that's one of them.
Edited by Grimbuk on 5/10/2013 10:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Our tanks do a 10 second countdown

7 seconds - Army
3 seconds - Raise Dead and Pot
2 seconds - Death's Advance
1 seconds - Start running in
0 seconds - Pillar (with the kitchen sink macro'd in), Outbreak, Dump all over the boss

A good start to a fight will work wonders for your DPS. As will AMS abuse.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Thanks for the info guys!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]