Druid main heal question

46 Night Elf Druid
Hey guys, what is the main healing spell (not talking about HoTs maintained) in raid situations when a partys health drops enough to use? btw Im talking PvE only.

My playstyle choices:

1) Regrowth with glyph = 40% crit (lets assume that it crits)
2) Nourish with glyph = 30% cast redution (lets assume I have 3 party members rejuv)

I realize that nourish is probably the most economical, but so far I am NEVER mana starved in 5 man. So the question really becomes which of these 2 are experienced resto druids using?

I also realize that my targets cast priority should be rejuv, and that I maintain lifebloom on the tank and pop swiftmend or wildgrowth if the party gets in trouble...

Thanks in advance
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Nourish is crap. If you do not have mana issues, use the glyphed Regrowth. If people did something incredibly bad (pulled a bunch of trash, parked in poo, and the like) and your entire party is getting nuked, Tranquility.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Nourish is only cast on the target with your Lifebloom stack and only during low/moderate damage. The glyph that reduces the cast time when you have 3 Rejuv's active is useless. If there's that kind of damage happening the heal from Nourish is too weak.

Always glyph Regrowth. Use Regrowth as your emergency heal and for clearcast procs.

If the target isn't dying fast, use Rejuv.

In 5-mans you can pretty much get Lifebloom up on the tank and non-stop cast Nourish until there's more damage than it can handle. Most of the time all you need to do is put Rejuv on the tank and keep spamming Nourish. If a party member is damaged more than 70k, give them a Rejuv. If they have less and don't have aggro, do nothing. Wait until more people are damaged and use Wild Growth or let them get splash healing from Swiftmend. There's so much passive healing from damage and tank classes that it's a waste of your mana to heal minor damage. Your job is to heal significant damage and save your mana for burst damage when you'll have to blanket Rejuvs and hardcast Regrowth. You'll want to be in the habit of ignoring minor damage anyway because in raids all the smart heals will have it healed before you can do anything.
Edited by Mitimem on 5/10/2013 9:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
46 Night Elf Druid
Great advice, just what I was looking for thanks :)

One more question, on the topic of 5 man and healing. Glyph of blooming... yay or nay? Im thinking it would be useful as "insurance" on the main tank if you get interupted, CC, or just plain get distracted healing another party.

I found that glyph of lifebloom is useless because I find myself only applying lifebloom to the tank.

Thanks for your time
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest

One more question, on the topic of 5 man and healing. Glyph of blooming... yay or nay? Im thinking it would be useful as "insurance" on the main tank if you get interupted, CC, or just plain get distracted healing another party.

I found that glyph of lifebloom is useless because I find myself only applying lifebloom to the tank.

Thanks for your time

Glyph of Blooming is mainly a PvP glyph, you almost never want to let Lifebloom bloom on a tank. The HoT is better and procs Omen of Clarity, which is much more valuable. Glyph of Lifebloom is extremely useful in larger content, you'll find yourself switching LB often between tanks in raids.
Reply Quote
46 Night Elf Druid

Thanks for your time

Glyph of Blooming is mainly a PvP glyph, you almost never want to let Lifebloom bloom on a tank. The HoT is better and procs Omen of Clarity, which is much more valuable. Glyph of Lifebloom is extremely useful in larger content, you'll find yourself switching LB often between tanks in raids.

thank you sir
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Good thought, but for that to be effective, you'd have to know:

1. When you'll be silenced or otherwise unable to heal
2. When the tank will have low enough health for the "bloom" to heal them

If you're in a situation where you know a boss/mobs will be silencing you or will otherwise make you unable to heal the tank, it's much easier to make sure that Lifebloom is still going on the tank, and you've got a nice Rejuv rolling on them before the silence.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]