Elemental pvp suggestions

90 Goblin Shaman
Now some of these changes could have some positive effects on pvp but in general I want to focus more on the pvp aspect of the game. I've been playing elemental since TBC and have pretty much stuck to it, but as the game progressed it felt like elemental shamans have failed to progress with the game and seemed to be balanced around the fact that resto shamans are very strong. Some of the mechanics/talents/abilities feel clunky and underpowered/boring. I have a few suggestions and would like to know what the shaman community thinks.

Right now I am only going to right down my ideas but later on I will add why I think we need the changes.

Shocks - Flame shock, frost shock, and earth shock are now based on a 3 charge system on a 15-20 second cool down between charges. Basically what this does is removes a lot of the chunkiness of having them share a cool down, reapplying flame shock after being dispelled and not completely overlooking the talent "Frozen Power" simply because frost shock cool downs our other abilities.

Remove chain heal and replace it with riptide - Honestly I cannot think of a single elemental shaman that uses chain heal ever. I would like to see riptide just so we have an instant heal to help us while being trained and not completely on casting healing surge.

Earthquake - Make this ability instant, longer cd, but guaranteed knock down. Give us additional lock down due to our horrible mobility we need something to help us maintain on our target so they cannot just run away constantly.

Elemental blast - Gain the benefits of all the stat bonus increases (gain increased mastery/haste/crit) with reduced individual stats. If flame shock is on the target this ability has increased chance to crit, if frost shock is on the target their movement speed is reduced by 70%, if earth shock is on the target this ability deals additional damage. For the risk/reward of this cast it seems kinda lack luster I wanted to make it so that if the enemy player doesn't interrupt/stun/silence etc this ability they would be getting hurt. As it stands right now it deals a small amount of damage when it doesn't crit, if interrupted will interrupt both fire and nature schools and has a long cast time.

Primal elementalist - All I want is for my elemental to not be tied with their respective totems. Basically this causes issues with using earth binding totem, tremor totem, and stone bulwark totem if you want to use the earth elemental totem. I am kinda surprised that this was overlooked.

Make some of the glyphs based line please!!! - Ghost wolf, shamanistic rage, possibly even capacitor totem. These glyphs are kinda make me feel like I am playing a druid and I need a glyph to remove roots whenever I shift, or a mage who needs a glyph to remove stuns when blinking. Feels like the glyphs were rushed and are just boring stuff that I had before.

New ability (idea I posted on my other shaman)
Earth Rift - The shaman instantly goes underground and moves to a position 15 yards infront of the shaman. After the shaman emerges from the earth he is covered in earth and is immune to all physical damage and effects for 2 seconds. 45 second cool down. Can be used while silenced.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Fun ideas (i love the riptide one) but you and i both know that Elemental pvp will not change this Xpac. Elemental will get some band-aids but not the rework that the spec needs.

IMO
Elemental needs-
1) A button to force hard switches
think ice-block, bubbles, or dispersion. A reason for DPS to go to another target. Until Elemental gets this it will always be an easy kill.

2) a counter to silence and stuns.
Being able to drop totems again while silenced would be a nice.

3) Being able to get away from melee.
I find it frustrating that our GW is a pale shadow compared to druid travel form. Hell, rogues have a better "get away" even with out vanish.

anyway, nothing is going to change so make the best of it or just pvp as resto.
O.o
That's right ... abandon all hope! LOL
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
We cannot give up! Monks got huge revamps during the 5.1 patch. Maybe they can do it for shamans.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Earth Rift - The shaman instantly goes underground and moves to a position 15 yards infront of the shaman. After the shaman emerges from the earth he is covered in earth and is immune to all physical damage and effects for 2 seconds. 45 second cool down. Can be used while silenced.

I really like that idea. It would greatly help us. An idea I have is:
Electric Tether - Shoots a lightning hook or chain that causes a 'certain amount of damage' if it hits an enemy, pushing them AWAY from you. If it is cast on an ally, you can pull yourself to them. Sure, its a lot like deathgrip, but it still could benefit us.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
We cannot give up! Monks got huge revamps during the 5.1 patch. Maybe they can do it for shamans.

Wouldn't that be nice.

The jollies I would feel from being able to actually take down an UH DK would be unreal. Pray to the WOW gods!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

I really like that idea. It would greatly help us. An idea I have is:
Electric Tether - Shoots a lightning hook or chain that causes a 'certain amount of damage' if it hits an enemy, pushing them AWAY from you. If it is cast on an ally, you can pull yourself to them. Sure, its a lot like deathgrip, but it still could benefit us.

they dont want everyone to have blink
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Why does a distance changer have to be considered a blink? Is disengage a blink? no, is feral charge a blink? no. This ability is usually while silenced unlike blink but isn't useable while stunned. It also gives a temporary immunity to physical damage and effects. Completely different from blink other then a distance changer.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
The best thing that could happen to ele is to remove Earth Shock from the game. Then we wouldn't have jank-!@# abilities tied to it. I mean really, Fulmination? Still? Sigh... and the 4-piece armor bonus????? More fulmination!!!! AAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I agree with having the ghost wolf glyph and shamanistic rage as a passive though the glyph of thunder storm should be as well. Instant earthquake is a must. It can keep the cooldown just needs a reduced mana cost and it'll be like how mage flame strike was in cata.

The only other change I'd like to see would be making totems physical abilities again. Totems are physical objects being placed on the ground to channel the elements. They are NOT spells! Don't tell me that I can't place down a PHYSICAL ITEM because someone decided to silence me. This totem change was completely unnecessary and not well thought out.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Ele is a bit too vulnerable against dks and rogues. For the two gap creators ele has, all melee have more than enough gap closers to make up for it. They really need something as they are the last true caster In the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]