Shockadin PVE?

90 Tauren Paladin
Before I start, I know it may be stupid choice, but I find it fun. I am looking to get a shockadin working for PVE, what is the best way to do this, (Gear, specs ect.) or is there someone who can help me with advice?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Go Ret. Shockadins aren't a real thing, they haven't been since BC and even then it was purely for pvp purposes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Go Ret. Shockadins aren't a real thing, they haven't been since BC and even then it was purely for pvp purposes.

But damn, it was fun.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Ya but ret isn't fun =/
Edited by Blessedmilk on 5/13/2013 1:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Ya but ret isn't fun =/

why i oughta!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
well for me anyways =P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
well for me anyways =P

Seems you rolled the wrong class, try priest, druid or shaman if you want to be a healer/ranged dps.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
mhe they wouldn't we the same
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Negative.

I play Holy in 3v3 arena and for LFR stuff.

When I am doing 2v2 arena, I play Shockadin. When I leveled from 80-85, 85-90, I played Shockadin.

Shockadin is very viable for dailies/questing. Just make sure you sure Glyph of Holy Shock.

I was rank 2 in Shadowburn last season 2v2 running Feral/Hpal. My spec was Shockadin. It's not viable for 3v3, but works very well in BGs and 2v2.

I also soloed many mount runs as Shockadin, Ashes of Alar, EoE 10, and a bunch of 5 man heroic mounts.

Edit: My Shockadin spec also uses the talent 'Sanctified Wrath', the burst is nice.
Edited by Souki on 5/13/2013 2:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I use my second spec as shockadin. I use it for leveling, dailies, scenarios, soloing old stuff, and even the occasional 5 man where no one needs any healing! Peek at my armory, my second spec is my shockadin spec but here is what I do:

Glyphs: Holy Shock, Harsh Word, Denounce

Spec: Not super picky here which to take but I particularly suggest taking Sanctified wrath for the extra holy shocks as that will be your biggest dps ability. Also suggest Holy Prism for most things as it will be nice single target damage as well as burst aoe (though if you are soloing old instances or doing anything where you have tons of low health adds it might be best to get lights hammer).

Rotation: Holy shock on CD, Harsh words at 3hp, denounce to fill in. I am also specced into Selfless healer so if I anticipate taking decent damage I will throw in judgment so I can get the instant flash of light. Make sure to use Avenging Wrath and Divine Favor for dps boosts :)

Gear: I don't worry about changing my gear for my shockadin spec and just use my healing gear (mastery heavy) but if you want to change gear, avoid mastery and go for crit/spirit primarily. Crit because those nice Holy shock crits and spirit cause if you want to sustain the dps you will need it. Haste can work as well but Denounce will be your only cast time spell and it is already fairly short and with Glyph of Denounce you will already be under the GCD when that procs.

I enjoy running things as shockadin even though the dps will be subpar from an actual dps spec but its very functional and much better if you don't like ret!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Glyphs: Holy Shock, Harsh Word, Denounce

Eh.. I use Illumination, just because of the mana-back from crits, which you will be stacking a lot of. The Denounce glyph makes me OOM way too quickly, and when you are in for a long fight, that's bad.

Spec: Not super picky here which to take but I particularly suggest taking Sanctified wrath for the extra holy shocks as that will be your biggest dps ability

If you can get the t14 4-piece, Sanctified is amazing. I go with Holy Avenger. Harsh Words spam, and more damage from your Holy Shock.

05/13/2013 07:21 AMPosted by Lorol
Haste can work as well

It really can't. Haste - Faster Denounces - Quicker OOM. Reforge out of haste, into crit/spirit.

the dps will be subpar

But the burst is amazing, and that's all you have to aim for as a Shockadin. Buy pots/flasks/food, macro the pots to your Avenging Wrath and Divine Favor, and watch the numbers rise.

Also suggest Holy Prism

Execution Sentence works as well. It may be single-target, but with CDs popped, and the damage it does, it works extremely well. Also no worries of OOMing and not being able to use it, unlike Holy Prism, which still works great.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I play Holy in 3v3 arena and for LFR stuff.

to be fair, my cat could prob play ret in LFR fine too :p
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
your cat probably gets in more RBGs than you too :p
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Shaman
RBGs bored me to death, didn't even bother with them unless friends needed help lol
Reply Quote

It really can't. Haste - Faster Denounces - Quicker OOM. Reforge out of haste, into crit/spirit.

Haste and Spirit are superior for output. Plus Denounce is cheap enough that spirit can easily outpace the cost.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Before I start, I know it may be STUPID CHOICE, but I find it fun. I am looking to get a SHOCKADIN working for PVE, what is the best way to do this, (Gear, specs ect.) or is there someone who can help me with advice?

Keywords: (stupid choice, shockadins)

The best way to do this is DONT. You will do worse damage than heroic blues wearing REAL dps specs and people will think you are mildly retarded.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Shockadins still exist?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Shockadins still exist?

They do.

It's not non-viable, but the damage is bad (if you're competent you can still trash people in lfr, because lolfr), and the sustainability is bad. Doing a very heavy spirit gemming/reforging, the longest I was able to sustain on a boss was about 7 minutes. (using a crit or haste heavy build significantly shortens your fight time without anywhere near as much of a damage increase) I can't remember the damage output, but it was okay considering it's a healing spec.. but I was also using a ToT weapon. If you have prism as your 90 talent you'll also proc on-heal trinkets that have mana regen/spirit procs.

Then I sharded every piece of holy gear I had, because it was dumb.
Edited by Cayse on 5/13/2013 6:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Haste and Spirit are superior for output. Plus Denounce is cheap enough that spirit can easily outpace the cost.

Eh... Debatable. You're not going to be spamming Denounce the whole time are you though? You'll be using Holy Shock and Harsh Words. Denounce is just filler casting. Sure, the regen from spirit is great, I'll agree, but haste only affects 1 attack. Denounce. And spamming Denounce because of high haste will still drain your mana. So it's best to get out of it, and into crit/spirit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]