How to counter monk as TSG

2 Human Hunter
So I've been playing TSG recently and the only thing we have major trouble with are monks especially MW. Our strat is usually tunnel the healer but it's not really possible to do that against MWs because of Life Cocoon, their heavy mobility and RoP. Life Cocoon isn't really too major (just swap and wait for it to drop) but RoP is just a hard counter because it's usually popped when we pop all our cooldowns and it just negates all our damage completely since all they need to do is stack inside and we can't do anything to anyone. Any ways around this?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Split DPS on their DPS, and have the DK bounce around doing as much damage as possible, and even occasionally switching to the monk. The Monk will go OOM in two minutes, and you can collect your points.

Splitting DPS is a major advantage of running TSG, it works on more than just monks. Both warriors and UHdks put out a lot of damage by themselves, and it can be very difficult for healers to keep up with the pressure.
Edited by Ogedei on 5/13/2013 9:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
05/13/2013 09:10 AMPosted by Lalalalala
Our strat is usually tunnel the healer

i found your problem op
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
05/13/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Borq
Our strat is usually tunnel the healer

i found your problem op

you do know that is the essential strategy that tsg is for, right
Reply Quote
2 Human Hunter
We have no problems with other healers because it's easy to cc lock them and put a lot of pressure on them through disease spreading but MWs are to hard to stick to so we end up just switching to something else and failing.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
a mistweaver has to channel to heal or get off instants like surging mists (unless you use spheres but that isnt nearly as much output), otherwise they have a cast time. so you should have opportunities to lock them out. or use strangulate! silences are always useful.

your hpal should be able to outlast their healer if you apply enough pressure, beacon/WoG gives you more efficient healing, if they have to use surging mists a lot to top off people being burst down, they will lose a lot of mana. only the channeled heal is kinda mana friendly. (and the best generator for chi, which is basically holy power for monks)

essentially, you dont have to go after the healer at all, you can win by running them oom. or, kill someone in a cc chain. even if your hpal stuns the healer (and dematerializes, which is fine), you can repent them out of that, and blinding light out of that. should be more than enough time to burn a target down with cds.
Edited by Sanctifìed on 5/13/2013 10:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/13/2013 04:00 PMPosted by Highguard

i found your problem op

you do know that is the essential strategy that tsg is for, right

It really isn't.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think I versed you today OP because the strat mentioned in the first comment is what the TSG did to us. What's your toons name?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
use spheres but that isnt nearly as much output)

wat
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]