How has lei shen not been corrupted?

85 Human Death Knight
Speaking wise about the sha. I don't generally get into lore or read much quests other than go here, do this etc, but this had me thinking.

How has he not ben corrupted or taken over by the sha? Isn't he practically the most evil thing we know of that walks on pandaria right now?
Reply Quote
Does the Sha even affect the Mogu? I never noticed a mogu who had sha-like energy around him. Maybe they're immune.
Reply Quote
98 Troll Hunter
My theory is that the Mogu and Saurok are immune to the Sha's grip.

The Mogu were made almost with the express purpose of fighting the forces of the Old Gods, so they would be immune to their influence, including the Sha.

The Saurok were made by the Mogu with the exact same purpose in mind - Fighting the servants of the Old Gods as well as policing their empire. So the Mogu were able to put this immunity in them as well.

The other races of Pandaria were shaped by neither the Mogu or the Titans, so they still fall under the Sha's influence.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 5/13/2013 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

The Mogu were made almost with the express purpose of fighting the forces of the Old Gods, so they would be immune to their influence, including the Sha.

The Saurok were made by the Mogu with the exact same purpose in mind - Fighting the servants of the Old Gods as well as policing their empire. So the Mogu were able to put this immunity in them as well.

The other races of Pandaria were shaped by neither the Mogu or the Titans, so they still fall under the Sha's influence.

Thats very insightful.

So the sha is controlled or more "influenced" by an old god? Do we know a name yet or more info?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
The Dead God Y'shaarj (not sleeping, but dead). His seven heads are the source for the Sha, somehow infused with the Last Pandaren Emperor's negative emotions.
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Warlock
The sha aren't "influenced" by old gods. The sha are the remains of an old god that was slain by the titans. The servants he was referring to are the Mantid. You learn this lore from a quest when you hit exalted with the Klaxxi.

The old god the Mantid served was named Y'Shaarj before it died.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Interesting, I'll have to look up more lore about this y'shaarj to find out how he died now :3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
05/13/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Fifira
The Dead God Y'shaarj (not sleeping, but dead).

That's what the Old Gods want you to think...
C'thun was thought to have been killed long before the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj ever opened. He went into sleeping deep underneath the earth after a titan had gravely injured it. I think the Sha are to Y'shaarj as the Silithid are to C'thun, and that Y'shaarj is still alive and waiting for the opportune moment to strike.
Edited by Aetherspirit on 5/13/2013 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
05/13/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Aetherspirit

C'thun was thought to have been killed long before the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj ever opened. He went into sleeping deep underneath the earth after a titan had gravely injured it. I think the Sha are to Y'shaarj as the Silithid are to C'thun, and that Y'shaarj is still alive and waiting for the opportune moment to strike.

The Sha resulted from Y'shaarj dying(being reduced to a sentient heart) and the 7 Vices he manifested while alive(and as a heart) are likely just average looking Elementals.

Are you claiming that Silithid are the result of C'thun's less thorough(than Y'shaarj's) first death?

Makes me wonder what Yogg-Saron's death would create......
Reply Quote
Are you claiming that Silithid are the result of C'thun's less thorough(than Y'shaarj's) first death?

C'thun created the Silithid using the Well of Eternity from the Qiraj.

Well not 100% if C'thun created them, but they evolved some how from Qiraj.
Edited by Haaely on 5/13/2013 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Mage
05/13/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Aetherspirit

Blizzard confirmed: Y'shaarj is dead for real. The titans killed him. It seems that the resulting Sha may have been the reason the titans choose to imprison the other old gods rather then kill them.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard confirmed: Y'shaarj is dead for real. The titans killed him. It seems that the resulting Sha may have been the reason the titans choose to imprison the other old gods rather then kill them.

With 5.3, it's looking very unlikely that Y'shaarj was ever actually dead.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
C'thun created the Silithid using the Well of Eternity from the Qiraj.

Dear God not this again.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Quite simply, I don't think Lei Shen is driven by any of the emotions the Sha represent, therefore he's not corrupted by them. Sure he utilizes violence and fear, but at his core he's driven by giving his people purpose and unity in the vacuum left by Ra-den's inaction. He's playing out the last directives of the Titans in his mind and the lesser races' concerns are of little importance. Given the multiple times the mortal races have come close to being wiped out by Titan reorigination I think it's fair to say Titan minions don't particularly care about harming or even wiping out lesser sentient races by default. In all cases the mortal races were considered unworthy until proven worthy in a trial by combat.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Let's not forget that Lei Shen used the Sha through means of the Divine Bell.
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 04:08 PMPosted by Veloran

With 5.3, it's looking very unlikely that Y'shaarj was ever actually dead.

Reminds me of a few parody fan comics of what body part the next old god will represent. Well, now we know.

A heart.

Now, Speculations time!:

I believe that that heart has no sentience of it's own but instead, it's what keeps the Sha alive. Like a battery. If it's destroyed, will the sha die with it? We may never know.

/End Speculation

If I recall correctly, the curse of flesh was made by the old gods as a counter to that immunity, making the affected weak and therefor vulnerable. The Mogu were affected by that same curse.

I personally think Glyff has the right idea;

Quite simply, I don't think Lei Shen is driven by any of the emotions the Sha represent, therefore he's not corrupted by them. Sure he utilizes violence and fear, but at his core he's driven by giving his people purpose and unity in the vacuum left by Ra-den's inaction. He's playing out the last directives of the Titans in his mind and the lesser races' concerns are of little importance. Given the multiple times the mortal races have come close to being wiped out by Titan reorigination I think it's fair to say Titan minions don't particularly care about harming or even wiping out lesser sentient races by default. In all cases the mortal races were considered unworthy until proven worthy in a trial by combat.

To me, this logic could be applied to all the other Mogu.
Edited by Minkus on 5/14/2013 2:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I have a different take, that he's been possessed by the sha of pride. i think most of everyone on pandaria had that, even the last emperor did, and that's what got the mogu in such a jam. because when they started off, they made alliances with the zandalari, closed off the mantid, and such. and it doesnt seem like the mogu like the zandalari that much. many zandalari feel looked down on, and the mogu are the ones in the real positions of power. IMO i dont even think that the mogu would've allied with the zandalari at all if they didnt revive leishen. i feel since they revived him, lei shen has some semblence of loyalty to the old pact they made and all. but i dont think if they didn't have a past that lei shen would suddenly value the zandalari.

like, if they werent possessed, IMO lei shen would've looked at the other races differently. maybe not the grummies or the hozen, but definately the shado-pan and the horde/alliance. however, he didnt. i think after his ressurection, the sha of pride took hold. it couldnt have happened before, since the sha of pride wasnt around, but definately after.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I believe that that heart has no sentience of it's own but instead, it's what keeps the Sha alive. Like a battery. If it's destroyed, will the sha die with it? We may never know.

To that, I would say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPg5C7kUwXg
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
Very Very Very Dead does not mean Deader than Dead it means being more thorough in destroying whatever your killing's body than usual.

A Lich without a body is Very Very Very Dead while a Lich without body and Phylactery is Deader than Dead.

Y'shaarj is Very Very Very Dead not Deader than Dead
Edited by Archpaladin on 5/14/2013 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Very Very Very Dead does not mean Deader than Dead it means being more thorough in destroying whatever your killing's body than usual.

A Lich without a body is Very Very Very Dead while a Lich without body and Phylactery is Deader than Dead.

Y'shaarj is Very Very Very Dead not Deader than Dead
My brain hurts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]