@Day Warrior Daily Life[Off-Topic]

90 Pandaren Warrior
05/15/2013 02:54 PMPosted by Rolas
how so? one-shot it yesterday

I'm glad someone can. For me, as tank, I run out of anvils before I get the Sha Amalgamation to 20% health, not enough DPS in other words. As arms, I usually die from one or another of the Sha's damaging abilities long before I run out of anvils. Most of the time it's the "pulse" damage he puts out while he's casting Insanity and I'm at low health running to an anvil.

My two most successful attempts were actually as tank. The first, I got him to 20%, the extra-action lance button appeared, and I died just before I hit it. On the second, I actually hit the extra-action button, and I died just before the cast bar finished.

Ticked off? Nahh, why would anyone think that?

Stop letting him cast insanity as arms >_>?

It has a cast bar before the channel

Also Dell and Kanga told me lol gl with your 22% crit and it was pretty easy.

Just a wipe or two because im too stupid to move out of aoe, but DPS check wasnt bad at all
Edited by Ðemolition on 5/15/2013 4:34 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
I actually just did the scenario today myself. I died like 5 or 6 times, was worried I'd have to leave the instance and start the whole thing over just so I could repair.

The issue I ran into was every time I tried to stand in the green light to heal, the boss would start using that meteor storm thing, forcing me to run out of it, I rarely had health above secondwind range. Which meant one tick of dark burst or insanity would take me down to like 2% health, and if I got hit by anything right then I'd die.

I actually got him down to execute range a couple of times. But the first time the guardian died just before the boss hit 20%, and then I died. Second time I didn't notice the prompt to get the lance, and was just to execute my way through his health. Last time it went pretty smoothly.
90 Pandaren Warrior
Which meant one tick of dark burst or insanity would take me down to like 2% health, and if I got hit by anything right then I'd die.

Yup.

So what should you not do? :O
87 Blood Elf Warrior
Can't decide if I should finish leveling this dude up or not. Haven't really played him since the end of Cata.
90 Pandaren Warrior
So Don't Starve is immensely more complicated than I originally thought. It's pretty damn fun though.
90 Orc Warrior
secondwind range

This isn't what you refer to your health bar's state as at all times? Missed opportunity there.
90 Human Warrior
05/15/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Daunt
secondwind range

This isn't what you refer to your health bar's state as at all times? Missed opportunity there.

I was trying to avoid confusion introduced by bad puns.
90 Human Warrior
you should be standing in the green light the defender puts down

I do that when I can, but

05/15/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Secondwind
The issue I ran into was every time I tried to stand in the green light to heal, the boss would start using that meteor storm thing, forcing me to run out of it,

This happens a lot. Or the Celestial Defender drops the healing beam outside of melee range of the Sha, so you can heal OR dps...not both.

Stop letting him cast insanity as arms >_>?It has a cast bar before the channel

The only way to stop Insanity is to click on one of the active anvils. If the anvil happens to be one of the distant ones, you'll take at least one tick of damage from Insanity before you can click on it.

05/15/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Ðemolition
lol gl with your 22% crit

Yeah, I'm sure better gear will help. So I'll work on that. I don't even have a 502+ ilvl helm yet, so I couldn't use the meta yet if I had it.
90 Pandaren Warrior
The only way to stop Insanity is to click on one of the active anvils. If the anvil happens to be one of the distant ones, you'll take at least one tick of damage from Insanity before you can click on it.

All of the anvils are active until you use them...just go in a circle
90 Human Warrior
05/15/2013 05:58 PMPosted by Ðemolition

All of the anvils are active until you use them...just go in a circle

Doesn't work when the Defender is the one tanking. Even during the banish phases the Amalgation uses one of his abilities that makes him cast and not move (again the Meteor Shower thing seemed to come up every time it was inconvenient), and then the banish ends and you're back to not being able to move him. Most of the time I'd have to Heroic Leap to a faraway anvil, then charge back.
90 Orc Warrior
So, stream going up soon! www.twitch.tv/brakthir
90 Night Elf Warrior
the dark burst thing you just need to run way from him so it doesn't hit. and you don't need to save the anvil's for only stopping the Insanity cast. I used 2 of the anvils to heal the celestial defender and still had 1 left by the time I lanced the Sha.
90 Human Warrior
Either way, it's obviously doable, I just can't help but think the fight would have been much easier as a ranged DPS or a healer.
90 Pandaren Warrior
Taunt it off the defnder
90 Orc Warrior
Everything's easier as a ranged dps or healer... but by choosing the warrior life we knew we didn't chose the easy life. We chose the manly life :P
90 Orc Warrior
Come keep me sane/company as we wipe to Animus!
Saw new Star Trek tonight in an early screening thing.

So good.

So very very good.

If you are a fan of the original series there are so much fan service. I look forward to all my friends seeing it so i can explain it to them.
90 Worgen Warrior
QQ Just lost a lock and resto druid today =(

After ~2 hours on H Animus I don't want to do it ever again...
90 Orc Warrior
Saw new Star Trek tonight in an early screening thing.

So good.

So very very good.

If you are a fan of the original series there are so much fan service. I look forward to all my friends seeing it so i can explain it to them.

I'm seeing it tomorrow, pretty excited.

Also, uh, 541 MH/OH. Yay?
Edited by Samayael on 5/15/2013 9:13 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]