Having mana issues as disc and holy

Can it be that almost half my gear doesnt have spirit on it? Does my gear really matter at this level as long as its int gear?
Reply Quote
Can it be that almost half my gear doesnt have spirit on it? Does my gear really matter at this level as long as its int gear?

At your level, yes it does. You have a passive ability called Meditation that allows 50% of your mana regeneration from spirit to continue in combat. Without spirit, you're not regenerating mana as quickly as you could be, which leads to having to stop and drink more often.

Also, are you trying to keep everyone topped up? If you are.. stop. You can do that at lower levels, but Cataclysm brought the advent of "triage" style healing. Basically, if anyone besides the tank are above 50% health, they're doing okay. Unless you have the mana pool to top them up. Basically, focus on the tank, and heal dps as you can. You can't save people who constantly do stupid stuff past level 80 (or at least, until you outgear the content).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Does my gear really matter at this level as long as its int gear?
Yes. Gear really starts to matter around higher levels, especially at 80 and especially for healers and tanks. A tank could probably get away with tanking a level 70 dungeon in full PvP gear, but he won't be as lucky at 80 and beyond.

Like Trinkit said, focus mainly on your tanks health, and just keep an eye on your dps, don't try to keep your deeps at full health every time they take a little scratch, just keep a watchful eye on them. But I do recommend getting more spirit.
Edited by Dáriuse on 5/16/2013 5:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]