Weekly Barrens Quest

90 Blood Elf Warrior
I was just going over the patch notes,and noticed that the weekly barrens quest will "have a chance to reward an ilevel 489 item". I just wanted to thank someone for adding once a week quests that will never hold an upgrade for me from the start.
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Monk
Its not all about you.
Reply Quote
62 Worgen Warlock
Maybe it's a fun item. It does seem kind of dumb, considering the limitation and that the Barrens thing isn't going to be around too long.
Edited by Dapperwolf on 5/21/2013 6:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
60 Pandaren Monk
RNG is RNG.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Weekly quest gives an item. That item can be redeemed for a Pet (looks like a mini Ghaz'rilla) or can be used with a Latent Kor'kron Armor Piece to get a 489 item of that piece (Chest Piece gives Chest item) with randomized stats for your class and selected spec.

You can always choose the pet if you don't want the gear, but the gear does hold Transmog value.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Why don't they just go ahead and remove all 489 and lower items from the game?

OP doesn't need them so they are useless
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
so in other words, there's no need to go back to the barrens ever again
Reply Quote
62 Worgen Warlock
Weekly quest gives an item. That item can be redeemed for a Pet (looks like a mini Ghaz'rilla) or can be used with a Latent Kor'kron Armor Piece to get a 489 item of that piece (Chest Piece gives Chest item) with randomized stats for your class and selected spec.

You can always choose the pet if you don't want the gear, but the gear does hold Transmog value.
Oh, this is for the transmog stuff? Well that's a fish of a different color!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Read the notes again - it drops a 489 item - but there's also the ability to 'add' to the armor to 'make it useable' - which I read as item upgrade (aka thunderforged type):

"You’ll be able to scavenge Latent Kor’kron Armor (iLevel 489) from the battlefield or from the Darkspear Quartermaster, and with your weekly quest reward –“Radical Mojo”– you can upgrade the armor into a usable item. These items will have randomized stats that may have some unexpected results that you won’t be able to get from other gear."

* interesting to see what the randomized stats are.

DC
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I love people like you. Oh no,the OP wanted to know why 6 months after the release of 5.0,5.3 is adding gear with the same ilevel that was added 6 months prior. Lord forbid someone wants new content to have new ways to progress the toons they're working on,instead of new ways to catch up alts. Oh yeah, I guess the fact I didn't complain about them taking the rep gates away from the 489 ilevel gear thats been in game since Pandaria launched means I want all that stuff taken from game.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior
05/21/2013 06:38 AMPosted by Temujin
Lord forbid someone wants new content to have new ways to progress the toons they're working on,instead of new ways to catch up alts.

Daily quests aren't likely to give you gear with this kind of stat weight.

Not every patch will have upgrade possibilities for every playstyle. There's too many of us and that's just too much content to generate every couple of months.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
And I just want to thank someone for adding once a week quests that will hold a chance for an upgrade for my several alts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I got the Radical Mojo and made a beeline to the Quartermaster for the pet. I'm perfectly happy with the weekly quest. :D As well as the small gold vendor value on my overabundance of Latent Kor'kron purple things I wont use. Win!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior

but the gear does hold Transmog value.

I might agree with this statement if the rewards weren't class specific.

For those who it does hold Transmog value for likely already did the much easier and faster DMF grind for it. Depending on your class you could get all the DMF pieces in a week utilizing a few alts.
Reply Quote
Although the Mojo and the materials are soulbound, the 489 items that drop all over are not. So yes you can give the item to alts but the Alts still need to farm the materials and do the Weekly quest (that takes about 2 hours if grouped) in order to make the item usable. The 489 items drop randomly from the NPC's that you have to defeat for materials. You can also purchase the items for the cost of materials.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I was just going over the patch notes,and noticed that the weekly barrens quest will "have a chance to reward an ilevel 489 item". I just wanted to thank someone for adding once a week quests that will never hold an upgrade for me from the start.

Ohhh... WoW is made for you. I was wondering all this time who WoW was supposed to be for. Not the millions of other players who may or may not be able to or want to take advantage of these new items, it's you that WoW is for.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight

Well, there are still 8 million players who are "not you".

Perhaps it is an upgrade for some of them.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I got the raptorhide gloves first. Going back for the pet next week.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]