lei shen 10 man question

90 Gnome Priest
Im looking for some input on healing lei shen in 10 man normal mode. My group runs a holy pally, resto druid and disc priest. Currently we are having some survivability issues during the second transition phase. I have been looking around on forums and watched countless videos and there are so many different strats as how to do get through it. The platform group i normal heal is a mage and myself and we get obliterated on the second go, even with ss up and barrier we barely make it out alive. Is there something more that can be done, or that im missing?
Reply Quote
Which platforms are you overloading in phase 1 and phase 2?

Which spell are you getting obliterated by? (I'm guessing static shock?)

If it's the second transition phase, why don't you have more than two people at the platform?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Have your mage get away from you and Ice Block the Static Shock, rather than try to heal through it. We do that with a hunter using Deterrence. He just goes off in a corner by himself to explode.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
If static shock goes on the mage he can iceblock, as mentioned. It is safer to have a disc priest share a corner with two other people though on second transition...I usually go and stack with tanks at that point. with 3 people sharing a static shock just shield+barrier yourself, and if you get it twice in a row shield+ps yourself. Tank damage is low enough that you shouldn't have a problem saving ps for yourself.
Reply Quote
Have your mage get away from you and Ice Block the Static Shock, rather than try to heal through it. We do that with a hunter using Deterrence. He just goes off in a corner by himself to explode.

We do this also, if you can cheese the static shock with a cooldown during the transition phases, by all means do it.

You're going to need at least three people in the static shock (depending on the level / energy of the pillar) to avoid being one-shot.

My group simply overloads the static shock pillar first so we don't have to deal with it during the second intermission where it would just obliterate us.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Yes its static shock, that is exploding us. And i almost forgot about the dk that usually joins us. his ams keeps him alive and its still the mage and i barely living. He usually ice blocks when he can, but the last number of *cough* not willing to say the number of wipes *cough* i have been the one targeted every time. I believe we overload diffusion and and then overcharge, not 100% because we switch strats last week and i cant remember which we are doing now.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
zZq
We send both tanks to a platform since the only thing they'll need to deal with is the bouncing balls. Your other two platforms would have 4 each and should be a breeze to get through. Assuming you're taking out lightning first, everyone on those two platforms would stay stacked up, only spreading to catch bouncing balls.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
What are you overloading in the first transition? We choose static shock, because it's the least avoidable/minimizable, and is most likely to get someone killed.

Do any of the conduits level up before the second transition? That was a common cause for 2nd transition wipes in two groups that I've killed lei shen in. If so, you need to adjust your strategy to prevent that from happening. There are several ways you can go about it, and I've listed them below. You can choose the strategy that is most comfortable for your group.

-spend time being 'unlinked' from ANY conduit to prevent it from leveling up. This will trigger increasing aoe damage on the raid, but will reset if you relink to a conduit, however briefly. Ideally you'll be linked while ball lightnings are out, to keep the damage as consistent as possible instead of being spiky. Tanks will have to be careful to to watch the timer on fusion slash to not get punted off.

-lust in p2 and/or use rdruid's HoTW and focus on smiting (if you're not already).

-2heal the encounter.

edit: Holy !@#$, people are bored waiting for servers to come up. So many responses.
Edited by Icecreamsoup on 5/21/2013 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I believe we overload diffusion and and then overcharge, not 100% because we switch strats last week and i cant remember which we are doing now.

We overload Static Shock and then Diffusion Chain (come to think of it, it might be something else... I really don't know.. I just heal). It will stop you from getting insta-gibbed in the second intermission. Same thing was happening to us. Even with three people stacked the damage from static shock was too high (because its respective pillar was leveled up) and one of us three was getting one-shot by it.

Spreading out is easy and honestly getting a few adds if you aren't spread out is far, FAR better than being instantly killed by static shock. Overcharge also doesn't do enough damage to need to be disabled.
Edited by Geefers on 5/21/2013 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Main Questions:

-What is your disable order on the corners
-Are you dps using their defensive CD's? (and is there lockrocks available)
-Are any of the conduits leveling up?
-Do you have logs?

IE: Here is our kill from last night for reference. We had a minor "oops" at the first transition. The RL didn't correctly assign me to the right corner by accident (and we were all sleep deprived)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7vhv5o58drs36whd/dashboard/?s=4841&e=5207

I talent divine star and body and soul for this fight. Divine Star is excellent during the phase with the Summon Ball Lightening and the last phase if you're confident in your finness of it.

Body and Soul (as obvious by PW:Shield being my top heal by a long shot) is used liberally to get people out of thunderstruck and too static shock/away from wave. Generally, if I see someone moving and I know they need to move faster, they get a bubble.

I also tend to try and keep grace up on my group, or bubble them, or something. They get my heals, at any cost.

To maintain mana for my spam bubble fest, I use the mindbender at each push to the next corner after I drop below 80% for the first time and I have the assault trink which gives me 2-3 mana pots per fight essentially.
Edited by Naérdriel on 5/21/2013 9:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
edit: Holy !@#$, people are bored waiting for servers to come up. So many responses.

Im not compliaing, ty all for the input, i really appreciate it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I had tried halo and cascade, which is what i normal use, i hadnt though of using divine star as im kinda crappy with it. need more practice apparently.

logs are here http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ve7os2zxbicd73fj/dashboard/
was our last night of attempts.

I hadn't thought about going back to mindbinder, will have to readjust macros for that one.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I had tried halo and cascade, which is what i normal use, i hadnt though of using divine star as im kinda crappy with it. need more practice apparently.

logs are here http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ve7os2zxbicd73fj/dashboard/
was our last night of attempts.

I hadn't thought about going back to mindbinder, will have to readjust macros for that one.

Divine Star on that fight depends on who you're healing with. Since I had a rejuv happy druid and a shaman with CD's for us, I really could focus on healing the burst damage in phases where we stack.

Mindbender is great if you have trouble keeping up PW: Solace (I know I do!) or you need the extra damage on command.

You have an alarming number of dispels from my quick overview-- are you finding that you're having trouble stacking for Overcharged, or worse, is that conduit leveling up? If so, you may need to disengage the conduit to allow it to reset but be wary, that'll be a lot of raid wide healing.

This might be a dps check issue, in which you'll either need to make up for it in heals by disengaging the conduit (since the dps cannot push the boss fast enough). This could eventually lead to hitting the enrage timer.

It might be optimal to 2 heal the fight if you can organize the groups such that the the healer-less groups on 1st transition are tanks (not a lot of damage should be going out) and the other group being strong in defensive CD's (rogues/dks/locks) such that they don't need a healer. This becomes less of an issue on the second transition where a conduit is destroyed.

Edit: Icecreamsoup is right, I meant the soft enrage--the point at which the p3 damage is unhealable for your group. Much more dangerous than the hard enrage timer.
Edited by Naérdriel on 5/21/2013 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
05/21/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Naérdriel
You have an alarming number of dispels from my quick overview-- are you finding that you're having trouble stacking for Overcharged, or worse, is that conduit leveling up? If so, you may need to disengage the conduit to allow it to reset but be wary, that'll be a lot of raid wide healing.

mostly those are happening during non transition phases as we are range heavy, i usually dispell the tanks or our warrior due the stack usually being in the back with range.

ty for input, much appreciated. will bring these things up for sure :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This could eventually lead to hitting the enrage timer.

The soft enrage in p3 is more worrisome than any hard enrage that might exist.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

mostly those are happening during non transition phases as we are range heavy, i usually dispell the tanks or our warrior due the stack usually being in the back with range.

ty for input, much appreciated. will bring these things up for sure :)

Everyone but the tank on the boss can run to the edge of the plat form to get away from it. If they cannot, that's a good sign your ranged should have ran in much faster than they did onto melee such that it can be stacked easily.

This is why I use the speed boost bubbles so liberally.

Make sure your ranged are aware of the upcoming transition who are on the far side, and have them start moving first. Leaving "stragglers" causes a lot of unnecessary damage. It's easy enough to have them move 3 seconds or so early so the whole group makes it into the next conduit together.

Also saves mana/gcd/everyone's time running around when this happens. 3 seconds of dps off the boss then saves you a lot more if it prevents people being stunned and consequently, healers dispelling that.

05/21/2013 10:09 AMPosted by Icecreamsoup
This could eventually lead to hitting the enrage timer.

The soft enrage in p3 is more worrisome than any hard enrage that might exist.

Absolutely. Another reason to make sure you're pushing the boss fast enough and why dropping down to 2 healers is optimal when your dps have not out-geared the fight. Those gale winds hurt ...bad.
Edited by Naérdriel on 5/21/2013 10:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Im looking for some input on healing lei shen in 10 man normal mode. My group runs a holy pally, resto druid and disc priest. Currently we are having some survivability issues during the second transition phase. I have been looking around on forums and watched countless videos and there are so many different strats as how to do get through it. The platform group i normal heal is a mage and myself and we get obliterated on the second go, even with ss up and barrier we barely make it out alive. Is there something more that can be done, or that im missing?

Um, why are there only two on your platform in the second transition? And are you three healing it?

We split it up as:
-Tank & Tank/Healer
-Healer & 2 DPS
-Healer & 2 DPS
-2 Players, both with Immunities or Damage Reduction

So for the 2 player platform, they have to be able to survive. Deterrance, Ice Block plus Greater invis, Dispersion, Pally Bubble, Cloak of Shadows....

Then for the 2nd phase, the Healer and 2 DPS switch from their overloaded platform. The Healer moves to the platform missing a healer - so there's now one Healer on every platform. One DPS moves to the other 2 group. Then the last player can go to any platform - typically the tank who has aggro for some more immediate DPS.

So if there's still only 2 on your platform in phase 2, that's where I'm confused. There should be at least 3 - then the static shock is easier to survive.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
My guild over loads diffusion like most and then level up overcharge in phase 2 while trying to stay stacked for a possible double overcharge after it levels and pushing the boss before he levels up a second time.

Me and a mage take the 2 person corner in the first phase transition because I can deterrence (symbiosed from hunter) and he can iceblock + greater invisibility to solo absorb 2 of them. If I get it twice I have to bark skin > iron bark myself and use ursocs might to absorb while the mage helps absorb with greater invisabilities.

In the second transition a third person (one of our tanks cause tanks go on the diffusion platform in the first phase transition) is enough to absorb static shock (I still use dmg reduction cds just in case) so it is not an issue. We have 2 three person groups and 1 four person group on second phase transition.

We send both tanks to a platform since the only thing they'll need to deal with is the bouncing balls. Your other two platforms would have 4 each and should be a breeze to get through. Assuming you're taking out lightning first, everyone on those two platforms would stay stacked up, only spreading to catch bouncing balls.

This also sounds like a good (better even) idea for the second phase transition.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Okay, yeah...

Split your groups up as:

Hunter + Mage on platform to overload
Resto Druid + Lock + Warrior
Holy Priest + Lock + Guardian Druid
Blood DK + Disc Priest

Hunter can Deterrance (with GlypH) for 50% damage reduction, Mage Can Ice Block and Greater Invis... these will allow them to soak a static shock. Then you don't have to heal them. Hunter can misdirect adds to the tank so they won't get eaten.

Then Mage can move to the Blood DK and Disc Priest Platform for phase 2. The HUnter should move to whichever Tank has aggro for the DPS and misdirect. 3 Platforms, each with a healer, and 3 soakers for Static Shock.

That should probably help. But again, in Phase 2, there should be no platform with only 2 people. Oh, and I do save my barrier for a static shock ;) Those things do hurt!
Edited by Feythylan on 5/21/2013 10:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
05/21/2013 09:32 AMPosted by Geefers
Even with three people stacked the damage from static shock was too high (because its respective pillar was leveled up) and one of us three was getting one-shot by it.

I'd never recommend leveling Static Shock ever. The damage is already pretty dicey at times during the first transition. Leveling it up makes it so much worse, since not only is the damage higher, but there's also a much higher chance of a platform getting two shocks and pretty much killing you outright.

The easiest solution, I'm pretty sure, is to take out Static Shock for the first phase transition and then Diffusion Chain for the second. You could also take out the bouncing balls for the second transition, but I wouldn't recommend it. There's very high odds of you not being able to handle every ball in 10-man.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]