5.3 Resto druid.

90 Troll Druid
Oh trust me, I'm also a very happy tree. I was already abusing mushrooms before this buff, now I can abuse them even more :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Nope. Not seeing it.

I would agree with the "clunky" portion.

I hate the time it takes to "Place" a mushroom a lot.

I like the cd on ironbark etc. though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Mana Regen question: I've been stacking spirit through gems for quite a while, and just noticed that my mana regen during combat has been stuck at 6000 every 5 seconds. I regen plenty enough mana between fights - mana regen for me is only an issue during combat. So is there a cap to mana regen during combat? If so there's no need for me to increase spirit at all. Just noticed this as I tried to figure out what two blue gems to put into a new chest piece.

Thanks for any advice
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You're in Balance spec...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Nope. Not seeing it.

I would agree with the "clunky" portion.

I hate the time it takes to "Place" a mushroom a lot.

I like the cd on ironbark etc. though.

Maybe if you actually raided and had to deal with large aoe mechanics then you would appreciate the effort put into using shrooms and how overpowered they are.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
FON can provide some okay 'numbers' on fights such as Megera but I say so what.

You won't save anyone with FON but with incarnation you certainly will. People seem to compare incarnation+LB spam as if that's the only viable function. 15% heals to rejuvenation and instant regrowths on demand in heroic situations (not simply on occ procs) are far superior than HPS meters.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

You won't save anyone with FON but with incarnation you certainly will. People seem to compare incarnation+LB spam as if that's the only viable function. 15% heals to rejuvenation and instant regrowths on demand in heroic situations (not simply on occ procs) are far superior than HPS meters.

Good call. I like to oom too.

I'll take my sotf WG's and tranqs thanks.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock

If you're going oom by spreading around some rejuvs and an instant regrowth to save someone when it's called for then perhaps you need to re-evaluate the way you play while incarnation is active.

Your lack of imagination aside, it is a tactic that works when serious healing is needed. If you've noticed, a lot of end game druids run high spirit builds to spam rejuv until their "eyes bleed". The new tier provides extremely powerful rejuvenation even without high mastery levels so going 'oom' is much less a concern.

While sotf is very powerful hps wise this becomes clunky and limited in game-play without the previous 4 piece tier. Sotf won't save anyone when a real raid cd is needed and it's not even a comparison.
Edited by Ivyrose on 5/22/2013 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

If you're going oom by spreading around some rejuvs and an instant regrowth to save someone when it's called for then perhaps you need to re-evaluate the way you play while incarnation is active.

Your lack of imagination aside, it is a tactic that works when serious healing is needed. If you've noticed, a lot of end game druids run high spirit builds to spam rejuv until their "eyes bleed". The new tier provides extremely powerful rejuvenation even without high mastery levels so going 'oom' is much less a concern.

While sotf is very powerful hps wise this becomes clunky and limited in game-play without the previous 4 piece tier. Sotf won't save anyone when a real raid cd is needed and it's not even a comparison.

I spam a ton of rejuvs. I was speaking to the regrowths. Do I lack imagination? Or perhaps I'm the one with imagination; Been practicing weaving shrooms into my healing since 5.2 dropped and now with 5.3; They're a major raid CD in and of themself. Far stronger than ToL. I'd rather have SotF'd tranq. It channels far faster - thus healing faster - and thus allowing me to do other healing faster. This eliminates our raid CD's weakness.

ToL with shrooms might be interesting. But I've yet to try it. (Don't raid until weekend)

I still prefer sotf. And if you have imagination, it can still line up with wg, every other wg if you unglyph it;)
Edited by Tonydanza on 5/22/2013 7:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
Mana Regen question: I've been stacking spirit through gems for quite a while, and just noticed that my mana regen during combat has been stuck at 6000 every 5 seconds. I regen plenty enough mana between fights - mana regen for me is only an issue during combat. So is there a cap to mana regen during combat? If so there's no need for me to increase spirit at all. Just noticed this as I tried to figure out what two blue gems to put into a new chest piece.

Thanks for any advice

No there's not. Your spirit is relatively low. If you want more spirit then place 320 spirit gems in your blue and prismatic sockets.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
05/22/2013 07:18 PMPosted by Tonydanza
I spam a ton of rejuvs. I was speaking to the regrowths. Do I lack imagination? Or perhaps I'm the one with imagination; Been practicing weaving shrooms into my healing since 5.2 dropped and now with 5.3; They're a major raid CD in and of themself. Far stronger than ToL.

WM are a major CD? That's news to me.

Again, as I've stated, having the ability to cast an instant regrowth when it's needed to save a life is far superior to gloating over one's overall HPS. Meters don't save people but proper spell selection can.

You seem to imagine an endless regrowth spam from my comment. I don't know about your raid but serious life threats come only so often and one doesn't need to worry about going oom if played correctly.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
05/22/2013 07:26 PMPosted by Ivyrose
I spam a ton of rejuvs. I was speaking to the regrowths. Do I lack imagination? Or perhaps I'm the one with imagination; Been practicing weaving shrooms into my healing since 5.2 dropped and now with 5.3; They're a major raid CD in and of themself. Far stronger than ToL.

Think of them more as a mini-cooldown, like a monk's Thunder Focus Tea, or Archangel for Disc. They can be placed and boomed pretty quickly, but doing so loses a lot of their effectiveness. In order to be truly effective, it takes time to let them get to their maximum potential before blowing them up.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
~Fistlobster here~

Oh my god. I know I'm only 88, but. Oh dear sweet buttery Jesus. Shrooms. They are. So delicious.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
Think of them more as a mini-cooldown, like a monk's Thunder Focus Tea, or Archangel for Disc. They can be placed and boomed pretty quickly, but doing so loses a lot of their effectiveness. In order to be truly effective, it takes time to let them get to their maximum potential before blowing them up.

I wonder what someone would do if the stack point wasn't marked? One certainly will loose more than they gain if they have to place during a CD phase over just spamming rejuvenation. They require build up to gain the best benefit and time isn't always something one has.

I can see Meg, Ji-Kun and perhaps IQ last phase but honestly not many other places where time allows a build up on pre-defined locations.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
05/22/2013 07:30 PMPosted by Fistlobster

Mini cd?
You're vastly undervaluing WM. The two of you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
05/22/2013 07:42 PMPosted by Ivyrose

I wonder what someone would do if the stack point wasn't marked? One certainly will loose more than they gain if they have to place during a CD phase over just spamming rejuvenation. They require build up to gain the best benefit and time isn't always something one has.

I can see Meg, Ji-Kun and perhaps IQ last phase but honestly not many other places where time allows a build up on pre-defined locations.

Not many places you can use shrooms to full, or near full benefit?
Jin Rokh; Lightning storm stack?
Horridon; Final phase.
Tortos; melee/tank group Immediately after a stomp.
Meg
Ji kun
Durumu; on tanks
Primordius; you can hit tanks and melee with fully charged shrooms if you plan well, or even with semi charged shrooms, which if you havn't noticed, now hit like a truck.
Iron qon - EVERY phase - You stack a few people to take a few stacks of fire don't you? That's a LoH for your stack group. WM can hit melee and tanks on every single phase of this fight at all times.
Lei Shen; during transition and during final phase shrooms are amazing.

That's 9 fights. 9 of 12.

And I didn't even mention Dark animus. Do you know how hilarious WM are now? I ranked on lfr Dark animus not that it matters at all (a guildie ranks everything...) but the point was this was obtained by dinking around and doing nearly NOTHING but Wild Mushrooms (and rejuvs to charge them). I didn't even use lifebloom or harmony. rofl. I blew every other healer out of the water by 30-40k. (guildie was a holy pally too, who outgears me. I obliterated him..)By exploding on Interrupting jolts. -which btw, theres another stack for shrooms.
And guess what...Wild Mushrooms were my #1 heal. They outhealed Rejuv folks.

You don't need a stack point marked. You just need to use your imagination and know where you can hit melee and tanks at the same time on many fights.
Edited by Tonydanza on 5/22/2013 7:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Mini cd?
You're vastly undervaluing WM. The two of you.

Probably. I honestly am a bit lacking in knowledge of resto druids >>
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
Jin Rokh; Lightning storm stack?

I'm sorry we don't stack on heroic.

Horridon; Final phase.

People are stacked in a known location here?

Tortos; melee/tank group Immediately after a stomp.

Eh?

Durumu; on tanks

It's an aoe spell. While it's possible to think of some uses this is stretching it a bit don't you think? You said major CD.

Primordius; you can hit tanks and melee with fully charged shrooms if you plan well, or even with semi charged shrooms, which if you havn't noticed, now hit like a truck.

It could work here since the defined location is circular.

Iron qon - EVERY phase - You stack a few people to take a few stacks of fire don't you? That's a LoH for your stack group. WM can hit melee and tanks on every single phase of this fight at all times.

You're talking about normal again. On heroic in 25mans it possibly can get a lot of benefit from other phases but in 10 man stacking is limited to 3-4 people at best.

And even in the last phase you're not always all stacking if you have the debuff unlike normal mode.

Lei Shen; during transition and during final phase shrooms are amazing.

I would beg to differ. During phases stack points are not defined at all and the last phase most people are moving and not stacking so it's use is severely limited even here and certainly cannot compare to incarnation in terms of versatility.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
Do you know how hilarious WM are now? I ranked on lfr Dark animus not that it matters at all (a guildie ranks everything...) but the point was this was obtained by dinking around and doing nearly NOTHING but Wild Mushrooms (and rejuvs to charge them). I didn't even use lifebloom or harmony. rofl. I blew every other healer out of the water by 30-40k. (guildie was a holy pally too, who outgears me. I obliterated him..)By exploding on Interrupting jolts. -which btw, theres another stack for shrooms.
And guess what...Wild Mushrooms were my #1 heal. They outhealed Rejuv folks.

This looks like what you're talking about

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ae5wzxbwrw0a3cr1/sum/healingDone/?s=1176&e=1459

Harmony 71.9%
Lifebloom 17.9 %

You did 21k more HPS than the next healer which was the paladin Nix.

A real 25 man Normal raid with the number 1 rank

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/bf5qbk354nktw45h/sum/healingDone/?s=7981&e=8326#Witawit
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]