Temporary Workaround for Resolution Issues

(Sticky)

90 Human Warrior
Hey Tia, can u help me, it seem that when i tried to buy conquest chest plate it was 2200 yesterday but today it was 2250? Is there something wrong with my computer or blizzard problem?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Priest
10/29/2013 05:04 PMPosted by Warboar
Hey Tia, can u help me, it seem that when i tried to buy conquest chest plate it was 2200 yesterday but today it was 2250? Is there something wrong with my computer or blizzard problem?

Er...you'll want to check to see if there were any hotfixes put in place to stop any exploitations of in-game situations. Usually the only reason you see costs go up like that is to prevent players from buying them until something regarding the item(s) in question is fixed. I can't find any info on this, but it may be something that the devs caught and needed to immediately put a stop to and haven't had time to get any word out yet.

You could always ask in the Customer Support forum as well, which is a better place to ask anyway since the problem you are seeing is not a tech support related issue. :)

Customer Support Forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011699/
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Thank you, Tiapriestess. I can't thank you enough for this. I tried changing the config.wtf file to get my 1920x1200 back but it no longer works. This did the trick!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Tech beginner here, Where do i find the Terminal?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Priest
I thought I had that in there. The location of Terminal is now in the original post.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I tried this, but it doesn't fix my tiny UI in game. Is there anyway to fix this? I can run it at its max resolution, but all of the UI is tiny. If I run it any lower it is unclear and the UI is never scaled correctly.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Tick the UI Scale checkbox and use the slider in your game preferences. The UI will then scale properly.
Reply Quote
I believe resolution problems are back again with the new 10.9.3 Mavericks update. I cant get my screen to work through my Mac edition R9 280X OC card through DVI or Mini Display ports. It causes my screen to not scale right and look letter boxed in ALL blizzard games.

Everything else in my system is fine including non blizzard games.

The only workaround I have is to use the HDMI out of the card and run into the HDMI port on my monitor or use DVI out and HDMI in with an adapter or cable with HDMI on one end and DVI on the other.
Edited by Seaneous on 5/23/2014 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]