LFR healing.

90 Dwarf Paladin
With the changes to the way several classes heal in 25 man instances (LFR) I can AFK fights i used to have to pull 80k+ just to get us through. I was excited to continue on semi-difficult and active healing in LFR but i don't see that returning, at least for this tier. This on top of the pally nerf just makes playing pug content unbearable as a healer. Heroic scenarios = great. Just disappointing that I'm going to shelve two 510+ toons in favor of tanks and dps.

That's all the QQ i have. just wanted to post something. :D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Please don't take this the wrong way, because I am not trying to put you down, but in no way has LFR healing ever been difficult. It isn't even active. You could stand there with your thumb up your butt and absolutely nothing would change about the outcome of the fight as long as your tanks half half a brain and your DPS are able to move their feet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I once logged an lfr fight. I ranked. You know what's funny about that?
I was testing which spells registered as what, effective HPS over an interval, and just generally not actually trying to heal anyone.

That aside, with the changes to healing CD's in the 25 man environment which I already played around with, it's going to be less of an issue healing wise, I can already tell. But you know, I'd wager in general, the healers aren't usually that issue in LFR as it is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/22/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Foreman
With the changes to the way several classes heal in 25 man instances (LFR) I can AFK fights i used to have to pull 80k+ just to get us through. I was excited to continue on semi-difficult and active healing in LFR but i don't see that returning, at least for this tier.

Well there is a natural nerf to the content in the form of gear anyway so it will always become easier over time. Maybe taking a more active role in normal/hm raiding would keep your interest, i dunno. I see you dable in raiding normals, so making a small time commitment might be up your ally. Just depends on your schedule and desire. I have taken a laid back approach to raiding as of late and am enjoying it. Not clearing all h content as quick as possible is satifying for me. 8-9 hours a week is plenty of time to do the content and have fun with friends.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
That's what our farm clear felt like too, to be honest.
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Warrior
This xpac, LFR never needed more than two healers actually paying attention. Everyone else just needed to hit some sort of heal key every once in awhile.

I know this based on a ton of LFR meters across three different healing classes. If you ever get 5 or 6 healers about equal in healing, the content is trivialized.

Also, Holy Paladin is fine. Did you actually run the numbers to see how much your total healing is reduced by the change to IH?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
When I do LFR the goal is to see how bad I can shut down the other healers.

I park myself next to the boss, do HR - HS - LoD - melee swing & repeat ad infinitum, do Holy Prism on CD, damage or no damage.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I always do LFR as disc and basically DPS the entire fight. IT has never seemed difficult to me before.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Honestly it depends on what LFR fight you get into and how many people decide to AFK the entire time.

i've gotten into iron qon LFRs where people are derps and i have to actually do something to make sure we don't wipe and we've had close calls
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Sorry to say, but you ought not to judge...ANYTHING...by LFR.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]