Best Healing Addon?

90 Night Elf Priest
Vuhdo rocks for sure . it looks confusing but don't be afraid to mess with the options and u will see how u can custom anything even the size of debuffs/hot.ect... and even where u want to put the debuff symbol ,top left bottom right cornar like i said anywhere on the toons raid frame.

^^
There are plenty of very helpful online guides as well as players on this forum that would love to give you an import string I'm sure, if you asked.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
I agree 100% i use tidy plates for increased heatlth bars and debuffs and thats how i heal, between that and key bindings. i find add ons to take away the fun.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I love VuhDo and highly recommend it to any new healer. There are many tutorials and videos that can help you set up your preferences (and tons of people here who are perfectly willing to answer any questions).
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I have used Healbot for years and love it for all classes and specs, not just healers.

Vuhdo is the same idea with a better graphical look.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I've used X-perl, Grid and Vuhdo. They all do the stuff that you want them to do.

But I've liked Vuhdo over the rest of them, and I'd recommend that to anyone that was starting out. The configuration might be a little intimidating, but once you figure it out, it's great.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I use HealBot and still heal circles around other people who claim to be pro with their mouseovers and "Superior healing addons"

B!#@es please, the only mouseovers I have are Penance, Prayer of Mending and Cascade, the rest of the heals I have are for Healbot.

It doesn't matter what addon you use, just get comfortable with one, and if you think another is better then by all means use it, as long as you're having fun, go for it.

Oh and by the way, I solo healed an MSV with 470ilvl using HealBot, screw your opinions.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I like Healbot but Ive been using it for 5 year now. And is a little hard to configure. But when you have it config its great...I love it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I use Healbot. Supposedly it shows less than Vuhdo but the way I see it that just means I have to know more about the fights that a Vuhdo user.

LOL

You have to know the fights to know which debuffs to set up to show in VuhDo. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Vuhdo is great, I just like the look of Elvui's frames.

Looking towards locating the party frames that elvui uses and just using those, and getting rid of the rest
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I love Vuhdo. The arrows pointing to out of range people are amazing but I first started healing with healbot. I'm stuck in my ways now, I'd like to make the switch to Vuhdo but my OCD aversion to change wont let me.
Edited by Emmia on 5/23/2013 11:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I find what works best is to have a hundred addon windows covering my display. That way, I can just focus on the information and review graphs and stuff instead of watching my raid get ruthlessly butchered between lag spikes. A lot of encounters end up looking like cross between a 4th of July grand finale and a cartoon version of two cats fighting anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I find what works best is to have a hundred addon windows covering my display. That way, I can just focus on the information and review graphs and stuff instead of watching my raid get ruthlessly butchered between lag spikes. A lot of encounters end up looking like cross between a 4th of July grand finale and a cartoon version of two cats fighting anyway.

+2 would read again.

it also important to have redundant addons and frames, so one breaks or is covered by other other important information, ur still set.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I like Grid + Clique. Mostly because I like ElvUI and that is what works with it. As for the healers using or not using addons debate... I think a good healer who uses addons is a good healer. I think a bad healer who uses addons is a bad healer. I think a good healer who doesn't... You get the idea.

I will admit that I can't heal without click to heal addons. I am happy to use mouse over macros for many abilities and I use key bindings. I do not consider myself a "clicker". My left hand isn't very dexterous though due to a childhood injury and relying solely on mouse over macros would be a huge handicap for me. I healed well enough before I found Vuhdo (my first healing addon back in the Ulduar days). Once adding that to my arsenal though my quality of life and my performance bot increased.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Just do what's most comfortable for your healing style, be it with or without addons. I've been a long time healer (since BC) and have tried lots of different healing addons because I thought I was supposed to since all the other raid healers were using it. I couldn't get used to any of them so I stopped trying. I use the default raid frames and left it at that. I do use DBM and Decursive but that's about it. Decursive just helps me dispel faster. Just think of addons as something that makes your life easier as a healer/raider, nothing more.

I'm a semi-casual raider so I've never done hmodes on a regular basis in any xpac. If you're in my boat, maybe healing addons aren't as necessary. I do just fine without them for the content I'm raiding. I'd like to add that after healing for awhile (or for many years), you'll gain a certain intuition about healing and you'll find that you'll rely less on addons. My two cents.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I think players should all learn how to make their own macros before relying on addons like Vuhdo and Healbot. Making your own Mouseover macros allows for more customized control but I think it's also helpful for those times when addons break for one reason or another.

Vuhdo is a great addon but I've always avoided it because I hate relying on one thing to do it all because if the addon maker decides to leave (see Power Auras) it can leave a huge hole. I've always favored a modular approach so I use my own macros along with Clique and Grid.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I think players should all learn how to make their own macros before relying on addons like Vuhdo and Healbot. Making your own Mouseover macros allows for more customized control but I think it's also helpful for those times when addons break for one reason or another.

Vuhdo is a great addon but I've always avoided it because I hate relying on one thing to do it all because if the addon maker decides to leave (see Power Auras) it can leave a huge hole. I've always favored a modular approach so I use my own macros along with Clique and Grid.

I use lots of macros routed through Vuhdo and still have Clique installed.

One could say the same thing about Grid, EvilUI etc. Any addon but that's no reason to say that the best raiding UI (IMO) shouldn't be used.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
"Best" is subjective. Many have success with the many different addons or mouseover macros listed in this thread.

It all comes down to what works best for YOU and what you're comfortable with. I'd suggest trying a few out to see what you like.

Personally, I'm a Vuhdo user.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
"Best" is subjective. Many have success with the many different addons or mouseover macros listed in this thread.

You missed the part of my statement that says

the best raiding UI (IMO)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

You missed the part of my statement that says

the best raiding UI (IMO)

Oh I didn't mean for that to seem as if I was harshing on you. It was in reply to the OP, whom asked what the "best" was.
Edited by Sherbear on 5/25/2013 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]