Xbox One

100 Dwarf Hunter
Eh.

All the decent Xbox games these days have a PC port (since it's so easy to do) which supports game controller input. Hard to get excited, especially when it's likely to be on-par with a couple-year-old PC in terms of power, with no substantial potential for upgrades (integrating the CPU and GPU on a single chip is a pretty big sign of the power of the console, for those wondering about my estimate -- I imagine it'll have performance similar to a high-end integrated GPU, which equates to a 2-or-3-year-old full-size chip at best).

Seems like this thing's future is intended to be a fancy TV remote/Tivo/etc. replacement, rather than being first-and-foremost a game console.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention... Trident is actually a pretty solid rendering engine these days. It's not the era of IE6 anymore, nor even IE7 or 8. It's come a long, long way. I still don't use Internet Explorer myself, but it's no longer a travesty of a browser.
Edited by Yuyn on 5/21/2013 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I personally want to know what Nintendo has up their sleeves, to be honest. Sure, there's that whole mess with them claiming ad revenue on Nintendo Let's Plays (which to be honest I'm pretty sure they'll back off once they realize this is a bad, -bad- idea that turns off avenues for free publicity), but I'll be honest, I'd rather play the HD version of Wind Waker coming out then half the "new" crud on the market right now because Wind Waker was FUN.

And I'm hopeful for a new metroid game. So very hopeful. And hopefully NOT with bad writers this time.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
I was strongly considering buying this, until Verr said bing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
people in this thread aren't even excited for it

Speak for yourself.

That said, of course PCs are superior. They can be upgraded anytime with latest tech.

I never understood people that do the Console/PC war. If people like something else, then that's their choice. I won't dislike nor hold a grudge against a PC/PS3(4) gamer. Why?

I prefer my FPS games on console, why? Because I do much better at them as I've been playing since Halo CE. Given all those years of experience could I do better on PC? Sure thing. But I have vastly more friends, as well as RL friends on my Xbox than PC games.

It's all about individual taste.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
i am deeply sorry that you think i am trolling but

I don't think you are trolling, you ARE trolling. Posting PC master race over and over again isn't a discussion or an attempt at a discussion.

If you don't care about Xbox or consoles for that matter, why the hell are you even posting in here? If you don't enjoy consoles, then no one is really going to care about your bias opinion on them.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407912/microsoft-confirms-pre-owned-fee-for-xbox-one/

Nnnnnnnope.
Edited by Valliac on 5/21/2013 11:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Monk
I personally want to know what Nintendo has up their sleeves, to be honest. Sure, there's that whole mess with them claiming ad revenue on Nintendo Let's Plays (which to be honest I'm pretty sure they'll back off once they realize this is a bad, -bad- idea that turns off avenues for free publicity), but I'll be honest, I'd rather play the HD version of Wind Waker coming out then half the "new" crud on the market right now because Wind Waker was FUN.

And I'm hopeful for a new metroid game. So very hopeful. And hopefully NOT with bad writers this time.

I must echo all these sentiments. Frankly I'm looking foreward to alot on the WiiU from the next Smash Brothers, the new exclusive Sonic games, which i am hoping are more like generations than 06, and the next Zelda.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It seems like gaming is a secondary concern for this system. Ill likely pick up a PS4 instead.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
i am deeply sorry that you think i am trolling but

pc > new gen consoles

new gen consoles have been overall lackluster with what they've shown and are going to continue being gimmicky (lol ps move) cheap alternatives to an overall better experience u get with pcs

the only reason to get them are exclusives

people in this thread aren't even excited for it

It is actually hard to beat a PC when a PC you can change out the graphics card and have more RAM.

I'm just wondering what will Xbox One's version of 360's three rings of death.
Reply Quote
94 Human Death Knight
1 hour, no gameplay shown.

What an horrible conference.

You know why they call it xbox one?

Because you turn one pi radian and walk away from it

Otherwise, xbox one/10.
Edited by Kalad on 5/21/2013 11:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Druid
05/21/2013 11:30 AMPosted by Malanik
I never understood people that do the Console/PC war.

Me neither. I have a mediocre laptop, a PS3, and a 360. I enjoy shooters and RPGs more on the consoles, but my laptop is better for RTS and things like WoW.

The consoles take up a lot of the game industry because the casual gamers(AKA, the people who buy the most games) are not hardcore PC nuts. They don't update their system everytime a new game comes out. They'd rather just deal with a console, a controller, and a couch.

It's different strokes, and people on the internet take it way to far, like they do with everything else.

Personally I'm excited to see what they reveal at E3, and will probably end up getting either the PS4 or the XboxOne
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
because the pc is the best

Again, you aren't providing any discussion to the topic. Get out. Also cute attempt at editing my post. If you are going to call me a b****, do it. Don't hide it in my posts.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
It seems like gaming is a secondary concern for this system. Ill likely pick up a PS4 instead.

Back when I first started on the Xbox/360, I'd probably agree with this statement. But now I use my Xbox for more than just gaming as more things have become available. Still a gamer at heart, but I like having a lot of options open to me.

When I first was watching the live stream, I was a little off put that they opened with the entertainment features. But I kept watching and was glad to hear some promising info on the gaming side.

I look forward to seeing both the One and PS4 stuff at E3 this year.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Xbox One will not be backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games, with Microsoft citing fundamental differences in the architecture of each console.

Microsoft has confirmed that all Xbox One games will require mandatory installation onto the system's hard drive and, to install the same disc onto another user's drive, a fee must be paid.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407842/xbox-one-console-is-official-the-ultimate-all-in-one-home-entertainment-system/

Nope.

EDIT: It's also hilarious that Sony's stock jumped 2 dollars after the Xbox One reveal.
Edited by Valliac on 5/21/2013 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Monk
Xbox One will not be backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games, with Microsoft citing fundamental differences in the architecture of each console.

Microsoft has confirmed that all Xbox One games will require mandatory installation onto the system's hard drive and, to install the same disc onto another user's drive, a fee must be paid.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407842/xbox-one-console-is-official-the-ultimate-all-in-one-home-entertainment-system/

EDIT: It's also hilarious that Sony's stock jumped 2 dollars after the Xbox One reveal.

haha are you serious?
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Druid
05/21/2013 11:47 AMPosted by Khelgin
i am providing plenty discussion, you're just too blinded by your unexplicable rage to see it

Um, yeah..

Sure. That's what's going on.

-pats Khelgin on the head-

Yes dear, you're right.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin

haha are you serious?

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/sne

Yes.
Edited by Valliac on 5/21/2013 11:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I don't know. I love my 360, some games in my opinion are just better played on a console. When I got my 360 my PS3 was pretty much relegated to a glorified blue ray player. Unfortunately after watching part of the Xbox One reveal, I feel it might be time I go back to Sony for any of my console needs.
Edited by Lucynia on 5/21/2013 11:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]