Dueling for Gold - Shot at 10k

90 Night Elf Rogue
Since dueling is my main source of competitve play, i figured i'd make it interesting and start dueling for gold. If you want to challenge me, You wager 500 gold at the start, and if you beat me, you get 10,000 gold from me. Dueling will take place in non-instanced nagrand arena in outlands, as it provides the most fair environment for both parties. Some general rules, I don't want to control things, but don't want to waste my time or have an unfair advantage for some classes.

1. No tank or healing specs.

2. Nothing that isn't allowed in an arena setting etc: flasks, potions, lay on hands, army of the dead, heroism, you know the drill.

3. No outside buffs. For example if you're a mage and you have fortitude and blessing of kings, remove them. Only buffs that your class has.

4. For stealthies, no waiting in stealth for cooldowns or recupping to full, so nothing over 30 seconds in stealth. This rule does not apply if both players are stealthed and looking for each other.

5. Hunters, don't just camo and sit ontop of flare and expect me to lose an opener, you're wasting my time and i'll call off the duel if you do this.

6. No eating. (unless you're a mage because thats allowed in arena)drinking is fine.

7. No excuses. Nothing about "lag" or "disconnecting" after duel, when it's done, it's done.

8. Best of 5.

All of these rules apply to me, obviously.

i'll also accept horde gold, but if you happen to beat me, and you're horde, you get alliance gold.

If you're up to the challenge add me on battletag Adam#1356 so we can set a time.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
*reads over the list*

So, essentially, the only way you'll duel someone is if you know you'll beat them? Now, the Pilto is not a learned gnome, but nor is the Pilto a stupid gnome... However this seems a little... cowardly? Is not the aim of dueling to improve yourself against all varities? Not just rest upon your already known skills?

The Pilto believes you should open this to all, not some. Decrease the gold reward and use this as a way to improve your abilities in all aspects. You can take this opportunity to learn how to decimate tanks, eviserate healers, and disembowel dps.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
Though it pains me to agree with a gnome, you are not proposing a duel in good faith, you are asking for donations.

I offer a counter challenge. I will duel anyone anywhere regardless of buffs, class, or spec. I offer the prize of a cut or raw gem of your choosing if you win, I request no prize should I win.

Simply approach me and /challenge, and let there be no encyclopedic lists of rules, it shall be a fight between warriors.
Reply Quote
A little gambling never hurt anyone. Wait a tick...

I wouldn't expect anyone to wager gold fighting a healer or a tank. I wouldn't fight a pvp-geared tank period. That would be like trying to tear down a mountain with a pair of fine needle-nosed pliers. Tanks can't even kill people anymore, so it never ends. A duel in a tank spec is pretty much slamming your genitals onto the keyboard, for all the difference in damage it would make.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
The choice is yours.

Tanks can't even kill people anymore, so it never ends

You would be surprised Worgen....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
You can take this opportunity to learn how to decimate tanks, eviserate healers, and disembowel dps.

I offer a counter challenge. I will duel anyone anywhere regardless of buffs, class, or spec. I offer the prize of a cut or raw gem of your choosing if you win, I request no prize should I win.

Simply approach me and /challenge, and let there be no encyclopedic lists of rules, it shall be a fight between warriors.

The list of rules is to make it fair to everyone, not just me. Healers are an obvious nono, there's not a healing class that can outdamage my recup between stuns and silences, and tanks are just a joke class that is only used by people who can't beat you in a real pvp spec, theres a reason theres no blood dks in arena.

All the other rules are literally the exact same as arena. You lose all buffs when entering an arena, you can't use army of dead, flasks, lay on hands, you can't sit on you're flare forever, you can't stay in stealth forever because of eyes, you can't eat non-mage food, and you don't get a redo if you lag.

Sorry for not wanting to hand over 10000 gold to blood dks and mistweaver monks.

oh and @Choaseater you're blood, literally no one will duel you, if you think i'm unfair, and you're playing a blood dk, get real
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I will duel any Tauren Shaman on VeCo named Aovi.

No alternate spellings nor any special characters. A-o-v-i. Thats it.

I put up 3..no..4 bags of oats.

Ha! I must be scared of me then.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
*gasps* The Aovi has spoken!

But the Pilto does wonder, battle-harded bovine brother, if the Pilto may join the ranks of Thunderhoof Clan. The Pilto has neither hooves... nor thunder.... But the Pilto does have a farm for oats!
Reply Quote

Tanks can't even kill people anymore, so it never ends

You would be surprised Worgen....

I timed out in a 2s match against a blood DK and prot warrior a few weeks back. That's 30 minutes of chasing a prot warrior in second wind around the map. We had just self heals, as did they. Tanks are made to live and that's what they do best, and mostly just that.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I wish I was geared. I was the duels king in Cata.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
/sarcasm on

I will make the same wager! But it has to be a duel against Spriests and Spriests only... Because they got spanked this patch and I know I can annihilate them all!!

/sarcasm off
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I don't understand the sarcasm... did you feel w should have been needed more?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't think Kaiba's request is outrageous for a potential prize of 10k. As far as I can see the duels are meant to be competitive, and some class/spec comps are just impossible for others to beat. I could be wrong, though- I'm still convinced its possible to 1v1 a blood dk as a ret pally, but it's requiring a complete shift in playstyle and it's been hard for me to figure out though. :( But practice makes perfect, I guess. Still I guess I can see how some of the rules might be misunderstood as a way for him to always make sure he can win a duel. I don't know. Show him he's mistaken. He's a decent fight, you have a chance to learn and win some fat stacks so why not go for it?

Maybe I'll re-read the rules and give it a shot myself. I'm lazy, though. :C
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I have beaten every class 1v1 and have in turn been beaten by every class 1v1 (at some point or another) so again, this seems blatantly one-sided to me. The bane of my existence is a decent frost mage (the little buggers freeze/stun the heck out of me and then blink away while they whittle down on my health bar)but I'm not too scared to put gold up against one in the hopes of beating them. I'd fight anyone, anywhere. I may win, I may lose. But I'm orc enough to do it honorably without whining. When I first started getting back into competitively playing blood in pvp I was regularly getting roflestomped and now that I've been playing it for a while...not so much. It's more about who plays the class, not the class itself. I'm not unkillable by any stretch of the imagination, I just know my class/spec better than a majority of the opponents that go up against me and they don't know how to counter me whereas I know EXACTLY how to counter them because I've played every class enough to know where they excel and where they fall short. It's all about knowing the strengths and weaknesses of every class and how to counter what they do.

As a side note, and maybe it's just me, but how can you say it's 'competitive play' if you won't go up against someone that you are slightly afraid of losing to? I played futbol(soccer) for a very long time irl and the BEST feeling of competition I ever had was when my team would go up against a team I knew was good, I knew was going to be a tough match. I never felt the slightest bit of competition going against lesser teams that I knew would be easy or no challenge. For teams like this, how could I better my skills for the next match if I could close my eyes and still win?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
As I see this causing nothing but unrest, I will retire from this thread of conversation. My challenge remains.

Sorry for not wanting to hand over 10000 gold to blood dks and mistweaver monks.

oh and @Choaseater you're blood, literally no one will duel you, if you think i'm unfair, and you're playing a blood dk, get real

If you knew anything of me Alliance, you would know I don't seek your money, I only wish to stand against others on the field of combat. I wish you luck in your endeavors

/salute
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
05/23/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Gharruk
competitively

playing blood in pvp

Just stop lol, it's obvious blood has no place in pvp other than 1v1 and maybe FC in rbgs. You have TWO other specs you can duel me in, i'm not saying I won't duel duel knights, i'm saying I won't duel dks who HAVE to do play blood to compensate for lack of skill.

I know EXACTLY how to counter them

What, run around with 500k hp and take no damage, only to hit them for back to back 70ks when you can finally touch them since blood has no mobility?

I'm not unkillable by any stretch of the imagination, I just know my class/spec better than a majority of the opponents that go up against me and they don't know how to counter me

There is no counter for blood as a rogue, If i had 5.1 shuriken that applied crippling, i'd beat you every single time, i'd have to play my heart out just to beat you while it takes 1/1000 of the skill on your end.

I only have 1 rule and that is no tank or healing specs because you can't kill me and I can't kill you. SIMPLE. Every other rule is to make a synthetic arena experience. Please stop posting in my thread just because you're butthurt that i won't waste my time on your joke spec.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
1) These rules are ridiculous.
2) No one is interested, clearly.
3) I refuse to take you seriously. Your ethos has gone way low.
4) You're gonna be focusing on a kitchen timer more than the actual duel, dude.
5) You're a rogue. Stop complaining about stealth. It was juvenile enough that I refused to play last patch due to spriest population.
6) If you cannot take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

*walks away.*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
1) These rules are ridiculous.
2) No one is interested, clearly.
3) I refuse to take you seriously. Your ethos has gone way low.
4) You're gonna be focusing on a kitchen timer more than the actual duel, dude.
5) You're a rogue. Stop complaining about stealth. It was juvenile enough that I refused to play last patch due to spriest population.

*walks away.*

Dude, can you read? I only have 1 rule and thats no tanks or healers, everything else is just so i can make it fair for people who duel me, and so we don't have to do wargames, so it's the exact same setting as an arena, you probably don't know much about arenas having yet to win 100 games, but i assure you, the only real rule is the tank and healers one, everything else, like i said, same thing as an arena.

05/23/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Wilberfoerce

This is actually kinda upsetting having a clearly overmatched spriest with no gear, and no real experience talk down to someone and be so disrespectful, I can obviously handle the "heat" dude i can beat people who challenge me pretty consistently.

Oh, and If I allowed blood dks, i'm sure people would just love to duel me. You wanna duel a blood dk as a rogue? it's an exhausting up-hill battle.

Wait what? are you talking about the hunter camo rule or the rule that i made for myself? Hunters standing on flare aren't actually getting me out of stealth but just waiting for me to give up and walk into the flare, i mean wtf is that?

I'm starting to think people on this forum like to talk, but not much else, was hoping to have some nice, friendly 1v1s, but instead got these silly remarks from people talking about how i won't duel a class that can't kill me, and that i can't kill, not hard to understand guys, lay off the haterade guy
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
[quote="88903993662"][This is actually kinda upsetting having a clearly overmatched spriest with no gear, and no real experience
/quote]

>I haven't played in months.
>I have been on the server and WPvPing for four years with both Thunderhoof and BTG.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
>I haven't played in months.
>I have been on the server and WPvPing for four years with both Thunderhoof and BTG.

ok, so why are you talking to me like you could beat me? also, greentext doesn't work here. I'm talking about experience in arena, or rated battlegrounds, not wpvp and guilds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]