Constant Redownloading of Patch 5.3

100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I have been disconnected multiple times now to redownload the patch. I have downloaded 5.3 3 times now. Is this happening to anyone? Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My client disconnects after a while and I have to reinstall to play again. After "disconnecting" like my Internet went out briefly I go to log in and it tells me to restart and apply the patch. After failing to install the patch it doesn't need it won't let me play until I reinstall yet again. No fix, no replays from bliz. Annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As for a suggestion, I get about an hour or two per reinstall. Long down time for the little play time...
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Check your Updates folder.

There's so far been two client side bug fix patches for 5.3

5.3 launched with an updates file starting with "wow-0-16977"

Two new client side patches were 16981 & 16983

You should see one of those numbers in a line in your connection.log file :

Component WoW.Mc64.16983

or

Component WoW.Win.16983

This means the client version is at build 16983
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have had the same problem but i think to a lesser degree than Morrowind, i have re-downloaded 5 times now. I checked that folder and I have those numbers as well as 16992. It isn't a constant problem just a annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]