Brawler Guild design problems

90 Worgen Mage
We all (or most of us) love Brawler's Guild. It's a very nice addition and all. But it seems something is wrong, that is turning a feature that was supposed to be fun into something er...not fun, a feature that was meant to bring the community together into a rage feast.

Today i'm trying to finish rank 9 and since 9PM we've been getting very long lines, from 20 minutes to 55 minutes! I know watching others fight is part of the fun, and i love it, but waiting almost an hour to have a try takes away the fun of it. We shouldn't wait more than 10 minutes top.

Why is taking so long?
-It's patch week and people want to test new ranks and optional bosses. All fair and well.
-There is Cross-realm zone here, even on peak hours. While it's nice having at least 4-5 other folks around when it's empty, and crz addresses that, making peak-hours lines worse doesn't seem to be along the purpose of crz.
-The first time you do a fight that day, you cut the line. While at first it seems a nice feature, it causes some really strange situations. You are 2nd and suddenly you're back to 6th in line. You expect a 20 minute line and you get a 40 min, because there was a lot of cutters. I've seen countless come, do a try, find it hard, and leave; the sum of these making the line way longer than what it should be for everyone. Most of all, cutting the line is not fair; if you want to join the brawl wait like everyone else, watch a bit, get comfortable.
-Passes are dropping from rares so there's a new wave of newcomers, despite being so easy to get a pass lately.

All this facts together are making it an unpleasant experience. And there is so much rage going around newcomers and cutters, which isn't fair, but fruits and harsh words are flying.
Is Blizzard doing anything about it? Should CRZ disable when it's too crowded? Should this cut-the-line mechanic be removed? Should phasing be finally used for something good, like splitting a crowded brawler's, so everyone gets a fair line, about 8-10min long?
Reply Quote
Brawlers guild should not be CRZ.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
There is also a bug where ppl get thrown into the arena. It's still happening. Just lost my last 40min que.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
There is also a bug where ppl get thrown into the arena. It's still happening. Just lost my last 40min que.

I love battle royales.

EDIT: But as for the OP, yeah, I don't like CRZ Brawler's Guild either. It ruined the tight-knit brawling community that formed on my server after launch. Well, it was a combination of that and the frustration of reaching a boss you simply can't overcome (challenge cards are a nice solution for this).

My biggest problem with Brawler's Guild right now (after the long waits, which will no doubt go down soon) is that they took out the ability to queue for fights of any rank after beating the rares. You're forced to buy challenge cards. I don't really want to think about which boss I kill. I just want to queue in there and fight.
Edited by Zehnn on 5/23/2013 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
also I need point out there a need of popcorn vendor or something out side brawler guild

I would love buy a giant over size foam finger and cheer on the fighters.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Brawlers guild should not be CRZ.

also, letting people cut in line of their first brawl of the day is a really... dumb idea.

why in the world are you penalizing others because it's someone's first brawl?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

why in the world are you penalizing others because it's someone's first brawl?

Exactly. People are not guilty. It's a design flaw. Everyone is getting annoyed by these long lines.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The only rage I experienced was when an entire guild came down to queue to get the achievement and pushed everyone there back about 10 spots.

Brawler's Guild has overall been a very positive experience for me and is one of my favorite features of the expansion. I've made friends and see familiar faces down there all the time. If it wasn't CRZ'd it would be completely dead and I wouldn't even bother.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Flip side is you'd have a bunch of new people flooding the bottom of the line.

So you're probably doomed to be sitting behind a bunch of bruce attempts anyway.

But at least it would seem fair. I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Flip side is you'd have a bunch of new people flooding the bottom of the line.

So you're probably doomed to be sitting behind a bunch of bruce attempts anyway.

But at least it would seem fair. I guess.

Hmm...what?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Hmm...what?

There's always going to be a bunch of first runs.

But atleats no on looses their place in line.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
With people constantly showing up to get their first fight of the day line jump everyone else is perpetually stuck in line. I have been bouncing from 4th-10th in line for two hours and counting.

The flow of people coming in isn't going to stop so I am not sure when exactly I will get a fight.

There are 31 people in this version of the CRZ so you can imagine how upset people are getting. Which just leads to new people being harassed endlessly, yelling at people to get out, being complete jerks to anyone who takes more than 30 seconds for a fight, and harassing anyone losing a fight.

It is just completely unpleasant.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Okay I need to vent about this. Wait times are completely unbearable. I've been waiting 40+ minutes between each and every fight being stuck around position 10 while a bunch of people cut in and take their sweet time dieing to Bruce's enrage just so I can have a 10 second attempt. Wait time does not get any better even in the early hours of the morning.

I mean I know the designers wanted us to get back out into the world rather than sitting in the cities waiting for queues but at least in the cities I can find other things to do. Waiting for a 40 minute Brawler queue where the only thing you can do is tab out and browse the internet is awful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]