Keyboard not responding correctly (fixed)

90 Human Paladin
Keyboard will not respond correct, it seems that whenever I press Shift/alt/control it locks to that key. <br/><br/>For example Pressing shift+2 allows me to use the ability i have binded to that. But when I press my "2" key it registers as the Shift+2 keybind. <br/><br/>Same thing applies to alt/control keybinds.<br/><br/>This issue did occur in the PTR when the last build was released.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Same thing here, but with a gaming mouse, seems like blizzard made a mistake
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I'll check this out and see what I can find out. Can you give me an example ability or two you have setup for this?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For example on my Holy Paladin I have Dispel binded on Shift+2, then I have flash heal binded as "2"

After pressing Shift+2 to dispel my keyboard seems to lock so when I hit "2" it registers as shift therefore making me cast Dispel rather than flash heal

It seems that after hitting shift once, my keyboard locks onto the key. The same applies with Control, and alt.
Edited by Opladin on 5/21/2013 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I'll check this out and see what I can find out. Can you give me an example ability or two you have setup for this?

I posted this on PTR bugs:

"I have an external Apple keyboard connected to a Retina Macbook Pro, Mac OS 10.8.3.

Half my keybinds use shift key and I'd have to redo all of them as it's currently unplayable. Hits random shift keybinds when I'm pvping, using unrelated abilities and not the intended ones."

It's most obvious when shift clicking to gem, then use an ability that has shift and non-shift bound. Shift stays held. It might not happen the first time but it will eventually. And then sometimes holding shift uses the non-shift bound ability, so it anti-shifts.

There is something really different about UI in general, my cursor is smaller and slower speed, unable to correct this in game. Like Opladin said, same issue with Control for me on PTR.

Thanks.
Edited by Shridevi on 5/21/2013 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the reports. I will send this up to the team for review.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Also try to equip an item by clicking (release, without holding) and carrying it to the slot. Doesn't equip it, as if click is being held.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I have this same issue, but it only seems to matter if I am using a secondary keyboard for my key bindings, i.e. naga mouse or logitech G600. If I use Shift + 1 or Shift + Num1 the shift key act like its still being held down for all following key strokes, unless i tap the shift key again. If I do not use my naga mouse or G600 And just use Shift + Num1 on my main keyboard I cannot recreate the issue.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I also have "stuck" modifier keys with my Naga. As a warlock who regularly uses five full action bars that rely on modifiers, my character is almost unplayable unless I use two hands on the keyboard.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I too am using a Razer Naga along with a Logitech G510 keyboard. It's pretty frustrating my characters are virtually unplayable :(
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Is this only happening when the modifier is on an external device, like a Naga mouse or an keypad?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Modifier, like shift, ctrl, alt is on the main keyboard, and the 1, 2, 4 etc.. are on the external device. If I use the modifier and the key on only the main keyboard it works as intended. Only when both are used at the same time does it produce the bad result.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Modifier, like shift, ctrl, alt is on the main keyboard, and the 1, 2, 4 etc.. are on the external device. If I use the modifier and the key on only the main keyboard it works as intended. Only when both are used at the same time does it produce the bad result.

Same here.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the added detail. I've sent this additional data to our teams.
Reply Quote
When I go into wow interface to manually assign keybinds with mouse:
Shift - Mouse Button 4 - which isn't assigned but makes my character auto run.
Alt - Mouse Button 5
Ctrl - Mouse Button 8

If I hit shift/alt/ctrl on keyboard it tries to modify like normal.

I use a Mac Pro 10.7.5, Rat7 and OrbWeaver.
Edited by Arkesta on 5/21/2013 3:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Throwing my name into the lot. Having the same issue here. Using shift+ability seems to 'lock' the modifier until I mash escape a few times like a maniac to clear it. Then all goes well again... until I use another modifier.

I'm on an iMac 10.8.3, using the Apple wired keyboard.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks.

I've added a section in our Known Issues sticky, called Under Investigation. Keep an eye out there for updates while our team investigates :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I can confirm this issue as well.

When I use the [shift] key in conjunction with another key, regardless of whether it is keybound, the shift key can become 'stuck' i.e. the computer thinks i have the shift key pressed down. I have to press the shift key again to make it unstuck.

Ive had trouble replicating this issue with 100% reliability, but it happens quite frequently.

I have a Steelseries World of Warcraft gaming mouse. However, this issue occurs with both with my keyboard and my mouse keybinds.
Edited by Cheliossi on 5/21/2013 4:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
confirm same issue with naga mouse, razer blackwidow keyboard, and alt key "sticking" it's not a lot of fun with raid :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Just came to post about the same thing , using a mac , logitech keybored , razar naga mouse
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]